Sig request: fearmentl

Postby Franchise Fan » Mon Jul 12, 2004 1:51 pm

Franchise Fan
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

CafeholicGraphics ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby TheBigBakedBean » Mon Jul 12, 2004 3:10 pm

can we say "downgrade"? Dude - Fearmentl's current sig is SICK (and no, I didn't make it). I'd think he'd want an upgrade, not a downgrade.

If I can suggest anything to you, FF, it'd be to download some plugins, because the plain-ole-adobe backgrounds you're coming up with will get old after you make a few more sigs... Oh yeah, and learn how to match the colors. If I didn't recognize the Bengals jerseys, I'd seriously think those guys played on different teams.

I'm definitely not hating on yer ability, I just know that personally, I wouldn't have stopped until I came up with something much sweeter than his current sig.
TheBigBakedBean
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Mercer Boy » Mon Jul 12, 2004 3:18 pm

TheBigBakedBean wrote:can we say "downgrade"? Dude - Fearmentl's current sig is SICK

Heh, thanks Bean! :-)
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

verbal abuse

Postby niskydog » Mon Jul 12, 2004 3:26 pm

You guys are really tough on some of us lately and now you giving it to FF. If you don't like something,well so be it,don't have to let everybody else know.I'm new to this game and older than most of you guys,guess its time for me to take off the gloves and start playing rough too !
niskydog
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Franchise Fan » Mon Jul 12, 2004 3:36 pm

ill have you know i made him a sig
this one

and he wanted a different one, so dont give me crap....
Franchise Fan
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

CafeholicGraphics ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Re: verbal abuse

Postby TheBigBakedBean » Mon Jul 12, 2004 3:55 pm

niskydog wrote:You guys are really tough on some of us lately and now you giving it to FF. If you don't like something,well so be it,don't have to let everybody else know.I'm new to this game and older than most of you guys,guess its time for me to take off the gloves and start playing rough too !

OK - if this is verbal abuse then do your family a favor and don't ever go to a political debate - you might kill yourself after.

Was I complaining when none of my sigs showed up in the 'best sig' thread? Hell no! Dude - I am absolutely no different than FFan - I back my skills up with what I produce. I know my sig is the crappiest of the sigs I have made - but in a way, that's good. OneManShow26 likes his, Teck likes his, and SwingTheSpiral likes his.

Part of the reason that we don't like making sigs for unknown people is that they take so damn long. I know that I like it when I see posts made by the guys that I make sigs for (and conversely wish STS would post more - he's got the best sig I've made and hasn't bothered posting in a while). Now, if what I'm about to say is going to be taken as 'verbal abuse', then that's cool - but try looking at it from my shoes.

Fearmentl requests a sig at 2:24 PM.
FFan posts the sig at 2:51 PM.

That means he spent no more than 20 to 25 minutes on the sig, and as you can tell from my post earlier, it shows. That's all I'm sayin'. Some of us don't want to make sigs for guys that aren't going to be around (and that's not even the case with me - Teck has the most posts of the guys I've made sigs for, but if you don't include him - the other guys I made sigs for had very few posts), and that's cool.

If you want a 20-minute sig like the ones that FFan makes - by all means PM him. He's certainly been jumpin' on all of the sig requests lately. But personally, I think that the others of us here won't quit on a sig until it is perfect - or at least darn spiffy.

Last I checked, I was entitled to my opinion. Last I checked, this forum was all about the sharing of opinions. Guess what, nisky - I respect that you feel as though there has been some verbal abuse floating around here re: sigs. What I don't respect, however, is that you blatantly disrespected Flockers by asking for a new sig. So what if it's not what you wanted? Did you do anything to make sure that it was? How about offering a diagram of what you want? (even Windows XP still comes with "Paint")

I wouldn't be so quick to come to the defense of someone who is taking all of the sig requests away from the guys who are getting a buch of props for coming up with creative, original, and AMAZING sigs(just for clarification - this means Zimm, Cupertino, Leber, and a few others...not me) and then making sigs that are quite obviously 25-minute pieces of work.

But I'm not saying that no one should request sigs from FFan. His sigs are just fine (if you aren't one to like slick backgrounds or consistent color palletting), and hell - he's doing it for free. If he was charging the same amount as the others, then I might suggest looking at other options.

Something you, nisky, haven't exemplified is that beggers can't be choosers - so no one that FFan has made a sig for really has the right to complain. But as someone who takes pride in the sigs that he has made for other users, I feel as though I had the right to express my opinion that FFan is making others look bad. We just don't have the time to churn out as many sigs as he can. It takes me about 90 minutes to 2 hours to come up with something that I feel is worthy of being used as someone's signature. By the time I have completed one, FFan will have made as few as 4 to as many as 6 sigs.

And let me stress - they're not BAD sigs - they're just not as professional as the others floating around.[/b]
TheBigBakedBean
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby TheBigBakedBean » Mon Jul 12, 2004 4:03 pm

Franchise Fan wrote:so dont give me crap....

Just want to stress that I think you're a talented graphic designer.

My only beef is that if one of us wants to make a sig for someone, we'll get 5 minutes into creating something amazing, only to see that you've already posted a sig. Try posting with "I'll get this one" or "This one's all me" or something so that we can expect to check the forum 20 minutes later to view your handiwork.

Honestly, I'm reluctant to design any more sigs because I just don't want to get 1/5 of the way into something only to see that you've already done something.

Also - maybe I'm just at the bottom of the quality totem-pole. After all, American business practice teaches us that efficiency is better than quality.
TheBigBakedBean
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Flockers » Mon Jul 12, 2004 4:05 pm

Um, TBBB, the reason there is the logos forum is because of FF.
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby TheBigBakedBean » Mon Jul 12, 2004 4:11 pm

And White Castle was the first real fast-food chain (1916).
TheBigBakedBean
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

beanie and weanie

Postby niskydog » Mon Jul 12, 2004 4:16 pm

wwwwhhhhewwww,sure glad I got my shorts on,getting pretty deep here.You need to check your facts before you start flapping your gums so much. After Flockers made the 1st one,I asked him about changes and making a different one for me,nothing being amatter with it.He didn't sound to interested so I went elsewhere,how is that being disrespectful to him.BTW,I like your sig,nice work.You guys are going to give me a heart attack,I'm 49,not young like you guys.Be cool dude,you guys all have great talent,keep it up[/i]
niskydog
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Next

Return to Fantasy Logo & Avatar Requests