marvin vs. to - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

marvin vs. to

Moderator: Football Moderators

marvin vs. to

Postby FourthandLong » Mon Jul 12, 2004 9:09 pm

which one would you rather have...i have TO but i am wondering if it would be worth to pursue marvin. personally i am excited about donovan throwing long balls to TO...but i know peyton and marvin can do that too...

and obviously randy is #1...
owner of the Toss to Moss aka Deuce is Loose franchise in the SFL Keeper League Season VI
FourthandLong
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Steve-o » Mon Jul 12, 2004 9:12 pm

no contest. Harrison. The phily offense is all about spreading the ball around.
Steve-o
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Azrael » Mon Jul 12, 2004 9:19 pm

You have to go with Marvin here. TO has the potential to outproduce him but the risk is too high. Not even a question. No one understands the game better than Marv. He has great hands, runs pure routes, and has the best QB in the league throwing to him.

With TO you have to wonder about his attitude, him dropping passes, getting frustrated with McNabb throwing grounders now and then, and Philly spreading the ball around. TO probably has more talent than Harrison but he doesn't use it to his full ability and his me, me, me attitude is a cancer.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby rhsrizzo » Mon Jul 12, 2004 10:27 pm

I still think Marvin Harrison is the #1 WR in the league, but that's just me. I'm not a huge TO fan, and I think he will have identical numbers to what he put up last season. I think Garcia was a better QB for him in a better offensive system.
rhsrizzo
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby deftdelivery » Mon Jul 12, 2004 11:12 pm

Stahvin Mahvin BIG time - no explanation neccessary, really. B-)
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums

[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Postby ajgnydc722 » Mon Jul 12, 2004 11:18 pm

Steve-o wrote:no contest. Harrison. The phily offense is all about spreading the ball around.

How can you say no contest? I'd also take Marvin but not by as much as you say. The Philly offense was about spreading the ball because they had NO go-to guy. Now T.O. is the go-to guy for McNabb and will be a dominant force.

That said, Marvin is slightly better and a safer pick.
New York Yankees: 2005 Offseason
Dallas Cowboys: 5-8
PrimeTime(baseball): FB Champion
PrimeTime (football): 10-4
ajgnydc722
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby CC » Mon Jul 12, 2004 11:18 pm

I know this is probably going to cause a stir with Vikes faithful, but I feel Marvin is the best WR in the league. He isn't the best FF WR, but along with Hines Ward he is the kind of receiver you would love to have on your team, he gets the job done efficiently and doesn't cause a fuss. One of my favorite NFL players, Marvin is the obvious choice here.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby TheHeat24 » Mon Jul 12, 2004 11:39 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:I know this is probably going to cause a stir with Vikes faithful, but I feel Marvin is the best WR in the league. He isn't the best FF WR, but along with Hines Ward he is the kind of receiver you would love to have on your team, he gets the job done efficiently and doesn't cause a fuss. One of my favorite NFL players, Marvin is the obvious choice here.

If I were starting a real team I would take... Moss, Eric Moulds and Chad Johnson and mayb a couple others ahead of Marvin Harrison ... all of those guys give you the yac that harrison doesnt so I dont think Marvin is the best receiver in the league at all...

To answer the question posted... I would still take Marvin over TO just because you know Peyton will be locking on to him and hes always been a consistnet fatasy performer.

Hook em Horns
TheHeat24
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby CC » Mon Jul 12, 2004 11:41 pm

Moulds Dib-E? Your vision is clouded brotha. Chad maybe if it wasn't just for this year, and you can't argue with taking Moss (I probably would) but the thing I don't like about Moss is that he can be a PR nightmare (although he's cleaned up his act of late).
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby TheHeat24 » Mon Jul 12, 2004 11:47 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:Moulds Dib-E? Your vision is clouded brotha. Chad maybe if it wasn't just for this year, and you can't argue with taking Moss (I probably would) but the thing I don't like about Moss is that he can be a PR nightmare (although he's cleaned up his act of late).

Moulds is the most complete receiver in the NFL... He blocks well, Hes got great speed, great size and has amazing hands... Hes not necessarily a gamebreaker like Moss but he does everything extremely well.

Hook em Horns
TheHeat24
Head Coach
Head Coach

Next

Return to Football Talk