marvin vs. to - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

marvin vs. to

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Steve-o » Tue Jul 13, 2004 10:37 pm

ajgnydc722 wrote:
Steve-o wrote:no contest. Harrison. The phily offense is all about spreading the ball around.

How can you say no contest? I'd also take Marvin but not by as much as you say. The Philly offense was about spreading the ball because they had NO go-to guy. Now T.O. is the go-to guy for McNabb and will be a dominant force.

That said, Marvin is slightly better and a safer pick.

I stick with my statement of no contest.

The last three seasons, the top philly receiver has caught around 60 passes. Even if TO catches 40% more passes that puts him at 84 rec. I personally think that is a little much, and project him to just over 80. The leading receiver last year, Thrash, had 550 yards, I think TO will have 1050 almost a 50% increase. I also think he will have 8 tds, 4 times the number that Pinkston had, and 8 times more than Thrash.

Obviously I don't think TO is a slouch, but to reach Harrison's proj of 100 rec, 1400 yds, and 12 tds, he would have to be almost three times as good as any Eagle receiver last year. I personally don't see a wr stats jump that much with the eagles system, no matter what the talent. I expect him to put up double the stats of any eagles receiver, but not triple.

I actually have TO as the 8th best receiver, the top three being Moss Harrison and Holt, and then a group of 5 of Ward, Johnson, Mason, Moss, and Owens being being more tightly bunched about 40 total points (in a standard yahoo league) behind the leaders.
Steve-o
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Steve-o » Tue Jul 13, 2004 10:52 pm

Shader wrote:Marvin Harrison is heading down. He was the 5th-rated wr last year, and his numbers were WAY down from the year before. But the Colts were more dangerous than ever before. And with a healthy Dallas Clark and an improving surrounding cast, Peyton is sure to spread the ball around even more.

Harrison is way too boom or bust for me. He had alot of games where he disappeared last year. I think you can wait two rounds and get a wr who will put up very similar numbers to Harrison.

Isn't every receiver boom or bust? It is not like a top tier RB where you can count on them getting 25+ touches a game.

Not counting the two weeks when he was injured last year, and the one week the colts sat him b/c their playoff spot was locked up, he had 6+ rec in 11 of 13 games. That is pretty consistent to me.

(TO had only 7 of 16 games where he had 6+ rec)
Steve-o
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby nola_saint » Tue Jul 13, 2004 11:33 pm

Shader wrote:Marvin Harrison is heading down. He was the 5th-rated wr last year, and his numbers were WAY down from the year before. But the Colts were more dangerous than ever before. And with a healthy Dallas Clark and an improving surrounding cast, Peyton is sure to spread the ball around even more.

Harrison is way too boom or bust for me. He had alot of games where he disappeared last year. I think you can wait two rounds and get a wr who will put up very similar numbers to Harrison.

It's easy to go way down from 143 receptions, that's one hundred forty three, especially when you miss a game and 3 quarters.
BOOM or BUST? What the heck is that about. There is one man who has put up better numbers than Harrison, some guy named Jerry Rice, although Moss may surpass his numbers over the first 9 seasons.
Harrison has averaged 104 catches, 1395 yards, and about 12 tds since Peyton has been there, plus averaged 22+ catches over 20 yards.
Dallas Clark? Wayne? Pollard wasn't too bad and Marvin did fine, Pathon was decent.

Harrison is easily the #2 FANTASY WR behind Moss and the best in the league right now in my humble opinion.
nola_saint
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby zippydayglow » Wed Jul 14, 2004 6:44 am

T.O. is going to suffer in Philly...with all the expectations and talk (okay, maybe not talk, since TO has never learned to shut his yap)...and the fact that D-nab has no one else to throw the ball too.

Speaking of Eric Moulds....same thing happened with him when P. Price disappered to Atlanta (or is that disappered IN Atlanta?)

Marvin and Manning have been a great combo, and the other options in Indy have left him in a better state since D's can't concentrate just on him.

Marvin is probably the 2nd best FF WR. TO will be #4 at best this year.
Bills Fan trapped between Philly and Bal-mer.
Lord, give me strength....
zippydayglow
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Adlaw » Thu Jul 15, 2004 4:58 pm

Horse pucky!! Marvin is D man!! Best rhouts, hands, and instincts of anyone in the game right now. Besides he has the best pure passer throwing to him.
Adlaw
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Carolina Culpepper » Thu Jul 15, 2004 7:02 pm

Adlaw wrote:Horse pucky!! Marvin is D man!! Best rhouts, hands, and instincts of anyone in the game right now. Besides he has the best pure passer throwing to him.

Sorry, even though I like Marvin just on his attitude alone, I must say clearly, and I mean clearly, the best WR in the game (fantasy or real life) is Randy Moss. As Madden frequently says, "he's the most amazing player in the game today"!!! For the zillioneth (sp?) time I repeat myself - his first six years statistics are better than ANY WR in the history of the games first six years, including this cafe's god, Jerry Rice.

As to TO vs Harrison, you got to go with Marvin all the way. But just to shake things up a bit more, I actually would rather have Holt over either of them at this stage in their careers (fantasy or real life).
Carolina Culpepper
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby zippydayglow » Thu Jul 15, 2004 7:18 pm

Carolina Culpepper wrote:
Adlaw wrote:Horse pucky!! Marvin is D man!! Best rhouts, hands, and instincts of anyone in the game right now. Besides he has the best pure passer throwing to him.

Sorry, even though I like Marvin just on his attitude alone, I must say clearly, and I mean clearly, the best WR in the game (fantasy or real life) is Randy Moss. As Madden frequently says, "he's the most amazing player in the game today"!!! For the zillioneth (sp?) time I repeat myself - his first six years statistics are better than ANY WR in the history of the games first six years, including this cafe's god, Jerry Rice.

As to TO vs Harrison, you got to go with Marvin all the way. But just to shake things up a bit more, I actually would rather have Holt over either of them at this stage in their careers (fantasy or real life).

Completely agree. The only reason I said Marvin was #2 FF WR was because Mr. Moss (Randy, not Santana!) holds the #1 spot.
And just imagine if he played EVERY down...
Bills Fan trapped between Philly and Bal-mer.
Lord, give me strength....
zippydayglow
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Previous

Return to Football Talk