Who are the top three RBs in this group? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Who are the top three RBs in this group?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby deftdelivery » Tue Jul 13, 2004 12:35 am

TheHeat24 wrote:Ill take all the jones'

As would I. Altho perhaps Garner as well, simply due to the receiving threat. I'd have Shipp in there if I knew he was starting :-°
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums

[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Gunslinger » Tue Jul 13, 2004 5:21 am

TheHeat24 wrote:Ill take all the jones'

For now, me too. I still haven't seen Ol' Eddie sign anything though, and if he somehow goes away I'd have to replace one with Brown. Sadly enough, it would probably be Thomas.
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby 34=Sweetness » Tue Jul 13, 2004 7:00 am

Id probably take all 3 Jones, but I think some big things may come out of TJ Duckett this year after a solid year before. I dont buy into the Charlie Garner-Jon Gruden thing; Garner had his best year with Calahan coaching. The only thing Garner-Gruden proves to me is that it will be a RBBC just like in Oakland.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Kensat30 » Tue Jul 13, 2004 7:12 am

The clear cut number #1 of this group is Julius Jones. Out of all the guys your listed, J.J. is the only one that is sure to see a lot of touches this year. Every single one of the other guys has a credible backup behind them this year or is in a RBBC (in some cases, the player you listed IS the credible backup). Dallas ran the ball a ton last year and I don't see that changing with Quincy Carter starting at QB again this year. Keyshawn Johnson is not suddenly going to pull 150 receptions out of his ass.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby bagobonez » Tue Jul 13, 2004 7:42 am

JJ
KJ
Garner

Julius Jones. Was handed the starting job as soon as Hambrick was cut. Parcells' philosophy is that the entire offense works if the running game is working. JJ will get his share of carries.

Kevin Jones. DOn't be scared of RBBC here. The Lions' brass is falling just short of comparing KJ to Barry Sanders, and if KJ can improve his hands and route running, there is no way Artose Pinner's 2.5 YPC is going to beat out Kevin.

Garner. Garner's perfectly suited for this offense that throws the ball ALL the time. Alstott's old, and Pittman's suspended to start the season, and Garner's going to be touching the ball alot, whether it be running or receiving.

I've got to rule out Thomas Jones because of Anthony Thomas. I've got to rule out Shipp because as of now, EMmitt's the starter, and even if that changes, what exactly did Shipp do last season when he was starting to make anyone think he can be a decent running back? The other guys have WAY more upside than Shipp, even if Shipp's starting.

Dennis Green is a pass-first coach. Shipp's a bust.
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby brdmaverick » Tue Jul 13, 2004 9:34 am

wow, i never expected to get so many responses. The many different responses have been interesting too. I thank you all for your insight.

feel free to keep the posts comin, and I appreciate the many responses
Go Pats!
brdmaverick
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Tue Jul 13, 2004 9:55 am

Im actually pretty shocked by the responses on this thread. I am certainly not saying everyone should agree with me, but man there are some interesting ideas going around.

Buckhalter? Someone actually has Buckhalter before TJones?

First of all TJones - by all reports Ive seen - will get the vast majority of touches in CHI. This is hardly a RBBC situation - certainly not to the extent as it will be with Garner/Pittman/Alstott in TB.

JJ is in the same situation Hambrick was in last yr. Whats the difference between the two? Talent? Give me a break. JJ WILL NOT see 1000 yds this yr. He is being way overhyped by fantasy people salivating over anyone who wont be in a RBBC.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Flux » Tue Jul 13, 2004 11:04 am

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:JJ is in the same situation Hambrick was in last yr. Whats the difference between the two? Talent? Give me a break. JJ WILL NOT see 1000 yds this yr. He is being way overhyped by fantasy people salivating over anyone who wont be in a RBBC.

out of curiosity Cb, what do you predict for JJ this year?
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Tue Jul 13, 2004 12:03 pm

JJ - 225 carries, 900 rshyds, 150recyds, 6 TDs
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby KingGhidra » Tue Jul 13, 2004 12:14 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:
First of all TJones - by all reports Ive seen - will get the vast majority of touches in CHI. This is hardly a RBBC situation - certainly not to the extent as it will be with Garner/Pittman/Alstott in TB.

Stick a fork in T. Jones, he's done. He's one of those guys that gets chance after chance because he's a good athlete, but doesn't have what it takes to be a running back.

JJ is in the same situation Hambrick was in last yr. Whats the difference between the two? Talent? Give me a break. JJ WILL NOT see 1000 yds this yr. He is being way overhyped by fantasy people salivating over anyone who wont be in a RBBC.

The difference is... Hambrick was inherited by Parcells and Carthon. Jones is the guy Carthon wanted Parcells to draft, just like he wanted Parcells to draft Martin in 95. Am I comparing the two? Certainly not, but I trust Carthon knows a thing or two about evaluating running back talent. We all know there are just some people who are really good at finding value where most scouts/teams see nothing.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk