Peerless Price - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Peerless Price

Moderator: Football Moderators

Peerless Price

Postby Blue And Silver Rush » Tue Jul 13, 2004 11:36 am

Alot of people are saying that Peerless is going to do pretty well this year because of the return of Vick. i wasted a pick in him last year, but you think hes going to do anything with Vick back this year??
Blue And Silver Rush
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby deftdelivery » Tue Jul 13, 2004 11:40 am

Yes, if that loco Vicko stays injury free. Doug Johnson and Kurt Kittner flat out sucked last year, so every single Atlanta WR suffered. After a year of getting used to being #1, I'd expect Price to rebound with Vick at the helm. He will definetely have a better year than last year, and may crack the top 12 by the end of the year.
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums

[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Postby CC » Tue Jul 13, 2004 11:42 am

Price didn't look particularly impressive when Vick played last year, he might have even played worse than he did with Johnson and Kittner, 1000 and 5 is about what I expect this year.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby jumpman8828 » Tue Jul 13, 2004 11:42 am

I agree with deft on this one. Although he doesn't have a great WR across from him, the threat of Vick running should keep teams guessing and should create some good opportunities for Price.
jumpman8828
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby prodonut » Tue Jul 13, 2004 11:43 am

i agree. not only does vicks return increase his value, the addition of dez white, michael jenkins, and a soft schedule can only help. the question is, where do you take him?
late 4th too early? i would think hed be gone by the end of the 5th
prodonut
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby TheBigBakedBean » Tue Jul 13, 2004 11:48 am

Personally, I employ the "avoid-Falcons-players" strategy when drafting.

Although they are the consensus pick for team that will improve the most from last year, there's just so many unknowns.

-> Fragile QB
-> Brand-new offensive AND defensive schemes
-> Horrible defense

I expect them to be playing catch-up a lot, and while that benefits the WRs...I'm still not convinced of Price's skills. Thus far, he seems more like a "whoopsies" than a "whoohoo!"
TheBigBakedBean
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby rhsrizzo » Tue Jul 13, 2004 11:58 am

I love how a player can have a single injury and then he becomes a fragile QB. That's absurd! I think Vick will be in the top 2, if not the best, QBs in the league fantasy wise this year. I wouldn't mind taking Peerless Price 6th round and on.
rhsrizzo
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby CC » Tue Jul 13, 2004 12:08 pm

rhsrizzo wrote:I love how a player can have a single injury and then he becomes a fragile QB. That's absurd! I think Vick will be in the top 2, if not the best, QBs in the league fantasy wise this year. I wouldn't mind taking Peerless Price 6th round and on.

Yea in his rookie season, Vick missed time to injured ribs, in his 1st season as a starter he missed 1 game, and last year he missed 11 games due to a broken ankle. Vick is a fragile QB.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby TheBigBakedBean » Tue Jul 13, 2004 12:08 pm

ok, first of all, he had more than one injury in the NFL...PLUS quite a few more in college. Did you see that one play at VT where he tried to do a flip over a defender into the end zone and broke his ankle? It's that kind of thing. He's fragile because he's going to continue to put himself into situations that aren't NECESSARY.

If you recall, on that very play I'm talking about, he had two defenders zeroing in on him and he had two blockers trailing him - both of whom he could have legally lateralled the ball to. Now, I know hindsight is 20/20, but seriously - I think this is the only player in the country that would choose to do a front-flip over the defenders instead of taking the hit or lateralling the ball to a teammate.

You can call him 'electrifying' all you want, but I'll call him fragile. He just can't put himself in those types of positions in the NFL - he'll get squacked.

I'll be ENORMOUSLY surprised if he starts more than 8 games this year.
TheBigBakedBean
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby CC » Tue Jul 13, 2004 12:21 pm

If I understand what your trying to say, and I think I do, I agree that that flip was awesome.
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to Football Talk