->Superfluous
-> Ridiculous
-> Ludicrous
TheBigBakedBean
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby portisfan24 » Tue Jul 13, 2004 1:08 pm

emember in the NFC championship two years ago when vick was running for the end zone and brian dawkins levelled him. he could have slid and had the ball safely at the two. but he decided to take on one of the hardest hitters in the game. i still think price will be a solid #2 wideout this year
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mookie4ever » Tue Jul 13, 2004 1:20 pm

TheBigBakedBean wrote:Awesome, yes...

But I'd describe it as:
->Superfluous
-> Ridiculous
-> Ludicrous

Are you Don King or Elliott Offen from the Howard Stern Show. :-]

As for Price - he played the same when Vick started last year as he did when Kittner and Johnson played.

I see him putting up slightly better numbers than last year but he is not a top 15 WR.

"I think that gay marriage should be something between a man and a woman" Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby maddog60 » Tue Jul 13, 2004 1:30 pm

portisfan24 wrote:emember in the NFC championship two years ago when vick was running for the end zone and brian dawkins levelled him. he could have slid and had the ball safely at the two. but he decided to take on one of the hardest hitters in the game. i still think price will be a solid #2 wideout this year

Remember the play that game when Vick threw an interception right into Bobby Taylor's hands, and stood on his own goalline while the play unfolded. Then, as Taylor changed directions and headed straight towards Vick, he just waited and kinda patted Taylor on the back as Taylor scored a TD. Sorry, Vick may be many things, but he is not a tough guy by NFL standards. And he certainly showed how little "heart" he has by not even attempting to prevent a TD in a playoff game that was his fault.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby portisfan24 » Tue Jul 13, 2004 1:44 pm

i wasnt saying he was tough or anything just that he was stupid to try and take on dawkins
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Paladyr » Tue Jul 13, 2004 2:17 pm

As someone else already mentioned, even when price played with vick back, he didn't do well. I don't think he is worth drafting very high at all. I too am avoiding all falcons players unless vick falls to the 5th round.
Go Bengals!
'06 FF Champion!
Paladyr
General Manager
General Manager

Postby creamdoorthirtyniner » Tue Jul 13, 2004 2:36 pm

Vick may be as athletic a qb ever in the NFL, but when the guys missed 12 games in three years, hasn't put up consistent, now that I mention it, I don't remember him ever putting up incredible stats yet, and everyone overhypes him because he can run. A lot of help he'll do me when he ends up out for the year on the first play of the season. I will not draft a Falcons player, unless Vick, or some unsung talent drops down to me in the 15th round. I really think that 50 yards on the ground, and a Rushing TD every five games isn't going to do me much better than 300 more yards through the air and five more passing TD's. That's IMO
"I like rusty spooons...I like to touch them"
-Salad Fingers

Help Find a Cure for Diabetes,With a Simple Donantion to[url]http://www.jdrf.org/[/url]
You can make a difference!!
creamdoorthirtyniner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Franchise Fan » Tue Jul 13, 2004 2:43 pm

I would stay away from price as a 1 or 2, but if you start 3, and he is availble after you got your first 2, hes not a bad pick. The reason I say i wouldnt take him as a one or two is because not only did he not play amazing with vick, but crumpler also took charge in the recieving for the team, i mean now with crumpler a top TE, i just cant go with peerless, maybe if crumpler was a WR and kept the dbs on their toes, but a TE doesnt take as much D as peerless would hope to have a top 15 WR season. but hey, anything could happen, just dont count on him producing #1 WR numbers.
Franchise Fan
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

CafeholicGraphics ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk