TO to work out w/ McNabb this summer - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

TO to work out w/ McNabb this summer

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Flux » Thu Jul 15, 2004 5:17 am

Bennett4Prez wrote:Sorry, but I don't really get how this story is special? Two teammates are working out together to build a better chemistry. A lot of players do this.

I dont know if its 'special' but it is good news, espcecially considering it involves TO actually going out of his way to improve, and to help the team. TO isnt known to be the type of person to do something like this. He thinks his skill alone is enough to get by.

And its especially important considering there isnt a huge success rate of stud WRs going to a new team and maintaining that stud level. By TO and McNabb spending more time working on timing and routes this summer, it will simply allow for better numbers from both of them. They have the potential to be fantasy freaks if they can get on the same page, and this is one step on the way.
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby maddog60 » Thu Jul 15, 2004 8:11 am

ChyBoy wrote:they use their RB's and TE's frequantly in the passing game and they spread the ball around to different WR.

I think a lot of that had to do with the WR's too. Duce Staley was the most reliable WR on that team the past 3 years. However, I think Reid loves to utilize TEs and will continue to do so, which is fine by me, because I think LJ Smith represents a much greater threat to defenses than Pinkston ever will.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Warpigs » Thu Jul 15, 2004 8:20 am

Having a high-profile WR helps, but without a strong compliment receiver, I think the Eagles may still struggle at times. Until either Pinkston or Mitchell start actually showcasing some skills that get defenses concerned, I think Owens will see a lot of resistance from defenses, which will translate into a lot of discouragement.
Warpigs
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Spotter
(Past Year: 3)

Postby eaglesrule » Thu Jul 15, 2004 9:04 am

i couldn't disagree more. if defenses focus on owens, it would have to be double teaming him. that really would leave them vulnerable to passes out of the backfield and to the tight end. teams were able to jam both wr's before, now that won't be an option. you can only focus on so many people. this should be a very fluid offense. the team as it was averaged something like 27 points per down the stretch. I think pinkston should eb able to do a little better with the focus on owens. this team does have weapons now, asnd it should make other teams more vulnerable to the pass/run combo of mcnabb.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby eaglesrule » Thu Jul 15, 2004 9:05 am

i couldn't disagree more. if defenses focus on owens, it would have to be double teaming him. that really would leave them vulnerable to passes out of the backfield and to the tight end. teams were able to jam both wr's before, now that won't be an option. you can only focus on so many people. this should be a very fluid offense. the team as it was averaged something like 27 points per down the stretch. I think pinkston should eb able to do a little better with the focus on owens. this team does have weapons now, asnd it should make other teams more vulnerable to the pass/run combo of mcnabb.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to Football Talk