Kevin Jones vs. Julius Jones - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Kevin Jones vs. Julius Jones

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby TheRawDAWG » Tue Jul 13, 2004 3:26 pm

IronMike420 wrote:Julius should put up more points than Kevin cause his only competition is Richie Anderson and Parcells loves to grind it out.Kevin might be the better back in the long run but Mooch always goes with the RBBC approach. And the Lions are gonna have some big growing pains the first half of the season.

Uh-oh, don't let KG see this. He's already had to put alot of guys in their place with the Mooch RBBC thing.

And I don't really think we can have a really good discussion about this until we see the out come of the Lions training camp. I think Kevin will have a better year if given the opportunity. But right now JJ is the guy cause he's for sure.
So they weren't the best...and may have ended the worst. SO WHAT!
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Bennett4prez » Tue Jul 13, 2004 3:28 pm

Nobody can argue that JJ is in a better system.

Nobody can argue KJ has better talent.

So, it's a VERY easy answer.

Now: JJ
Later: KJ
[url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106] Check Us Out! A New Debate Daily![/url]

TICE FIRED!
Bennett4prez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberWeb SupporterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby KingGhidra » Tue Jul 13, 2004 4:22 pm

Bennett4Prez wrote:Nobody can argue KJ has better talent.

Oooh, I can, I can!!

Dallas traded away from KJ.
St. Louis traded up to pick someone else.
Cincinnati chose Perry over KJ.

So, it's a VERY easy answer.

If only it were easy. If he were such a sureshot talent he would've gone top 5-10.

TheRawDAWG wrote:
Uh-oh, don't let KG see this. He's already had to put alot of guys in their place with the Mooch RBBC thing.

Wow someone's been paying attention. I feel so special!!
;-D ;-D

http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/foru ... 2&start=15

Me wrote:It's a myth that Mooch is a RBBC committee guy. He relied on just one RB if he had a good one.

1997: Garrison Hearst - 234 carries - 13 games
1998: Garrison Hearst - 310 carries - next closest RB: 48 carries
1999: Charlie Garner - 241 carries - next closest RB: 58 carries
2000: Charlie Garner - 258 carries - next closest RB: 50 carries

2001: Garrison Hearst: 252 carries - Kevan Barlow: 125 carries

As you can see, he wasn't taking very many carries away from the primary back, just giving the 2nd RB all the carries that usually went to three or four other guys. IF KJ is everything people say he is, Mooch will give him 300 carries. I still think Artose Pinner has something to say about that though.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby TheHeat24 » Tue Jul 13, 2004 5:10 pm

KingGhidra wrote:
Bennett4Prez wrote:Nobody can argue KJ has better talent.

Oooh, I can, I can!!

Dallas traded away from KJ.
St. Louis traded up to pick someone else.
Cincinnati chose Perry over KJ.

You just argued against your own point... Perry was also taken ahead of Julius Jones... and K Jones was taken ahead of J Jones....

Not to mention im sure the reason why Dallas passed on KJ is becasue they got an offer they couldnt refuse from buffalo.

Hook em Horns
TheHeat24
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Canacuna » Tue Jul 13, 2004 5:47 pm

I'll take Julius Jones over Kevin Jones 100% of the time.

People talk about Julius as though he's as talented as my little sister. He didn't put up HUGE college stats, but considering what he had to work with - well, he definitely exceeded my expectations. I've been impressed everytime I've seen him play - the guy was Notre Dame's entire offense. Aside from him, there was nobody with any talent.

The only downside I can see with Julius and the Cowboys is their offensive line. They always seemed to be in pass protection, never opened up any holes for Troy Hambrick, and they were always allowing defenders into the backfield. However, if Troy Hambrick could put up 900-something yards and five TDs, I truly believe that Julius can put up over a thousand yards and seven or eight TDs.

Bill Parcells is a coach who likes to run and will put Julius in a position where it will be difficult for him to fail. Julius will be running the ball a lot (unless having Q. Carter or Testaverde passing the ball is considered a recipe for success) and the offense should be a run-oriented one. Plus, his only competition for the job is Erik Bickerstaff, Aveion Cason, Richie Anderson, and some other d00ds I don't know. We saw a little bit of a lot of his competition last year and we all saw what they could do (or "couldn't" would probably be the better wording). The only one of those guys receiving some of Julius' playing time is Anderson - but would imagine only on third downs, methinks. Unless Parcells picks up Antowain Smith (last I heard, Tampa was interested) or James Stewart (last I heard, he was stocking shelves at Circuit City, or something), Julius has absolutely no competition.

Kevin Jones is a guy I see a lot of people are high on and don't get. He has some talent, but Detroit just has such an awful offense (Charles Rogers, Roy Williams, Tai Streets, Stephen Alexander and Joey Harrington in '04 is NOT a "good" offense - give 'em a year or two - maybe changing Harrington for McMahon), I can't see him putting up more than MAYBE bye-week filler numbers. He's a guy I'd be comfortable with as my #4 RB, but anything higher and I'd be a little worried. Over the last few years, Detroit has always been near or at the bottom in rushing numbers. I don't see anyone but maybe LaDainian Tomlinson being able to change that. On top of that, Kevin Jones has some competition. Artose Pinner is claiming the starting job is his to lose (*chuckle*), but he does have talent and deserves some playing time. Shawn Bryson is another guy who, at least I think, has some talent. I liked him somewhat in Buffalo, and I think he can be valuable with the right on-field role. I just can't see this miss the RBBC situations that have stricken a lot of other teams - too many mediocre RBs pushing for playing time, methinks.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby hartlbb » Tue Jul 13, 2004 5:55 pm

IMO - Julius. Playing with Parcell and he was underrated coming out of college.
Go Hawks!

P. Manning
Deuce McCallister
Michael Bennett
Chad Johnson
Anquan Boldin
Boo Williams
Jeff Wilkins
hartlbb
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Azrael » Wed Jul 14, 2004 12:17 pm

Again I take Julius. He had a good year at ND "despite" no passing game not "because" there was no passing game. Get it right people. He's in a better offense that will try to run the ball as much as it can. Carter at QB has nothing to prove in Dallas. Parcells knows he isn't there for the long term, but probably the best he's got this year and isn't going to try to make him carry the offense. He knows what he's got at wideout there too. On the other hand, this may be Harrington's last chance to prove himself as the man in Detroit. Mooch will give him his fair shake but he's still playing with alot of youth around him at the talent positions. Even if Kevin could win the job outright, I would expect more growing pains for the Detroit offense than Dallas.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Wed Jul 14, 2004 1:06 pm

booda wrote:CAN WE THROW THOMAS INTO THAT DISCUSSION, SINCE HE IS A JONES??...WHO HAS THAT GUT FEELING THAT HE WILL DO WELL?

TJones will have a better yr than both JJ and KJ.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby steelerfan04 » Wed Jul 14, 2004 2:00 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:
booda wrote:CAN WE THROW THOMAS INTO THAT DISCUSSION, SINCE HE IS A JONES??...WHO HAS THAT GUT FEELING THAT HE WILL DO WELL?

TJones will have a better yr than both JJ and KJ.

I agree. But in the long run both of the other Joneses will be better.
steelerfan04
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Writer

Postby TheBigBakedBean » Wed Jul 14, 2004 2:07 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:TJones will have a better yr than both JJ and KJ.

HAHAHAHAHA! Come on, 'bread, tell us another. That one was friggin hilarious!

Oh wait...you seriously think a Bears RB will have a good year? Ha!
TheBigBakedBean
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk