Anybody tried Yahoo Plus? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Anybody tried Yahoo Plus?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Anybody tried Yahoo Plus?

Postby Doomsday Device » Tue Jul 13, 2004 3:35 pm

I was thinking of creating a Yahoo Plus league as to attract more active members? Anybody done this? Is it more active than a free private league? Is it hard to recruit new members?
Doomsday Device
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Franchise Fan » Tue Jul 13, 2004 3:43 pm

i havent tried it, but i dont think its worth it. I mean, its just a step up from the same game they offer for free, if you want a good one that you want to pay for try websites that only offer pay, this means they spent more time to give you what you pay for.
Franchise Fan
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

CafeholicGraphics ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby rhsrizzo » Tue Jul 13, 2004 3:59 pm

I've never done a pay league online. But like what was said above, just go to a site that is pay only. My choice would be ESPN.com.
rhsrizzo
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby 34=Sweetness » Tue Jul 13, 2004 4:11 pm

Why buy the cow when you get almost the same milk for free? Dont waste your money.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby IU Hoosier » Tue Jul 13, 2004 4:19 pm

I was in a PLUS league on YAHOO! last year and really liked it. Having the stattracker made it completely worthwhile. It updates EVERY game in the NFL and every fantasy game in near real time. Also, you get access to their weekly forecasts, which believe it or not are pretty in depth. I always like to know what teams are primarily cover 2, 3-4, whatever. It wasn't that expensive either.
IU Hoosier
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby houstonherdfan » Tue Jul 13, 2004 8:33 pm

Have always played at CBS.sportsline in the past. I like it there and they have several options for leagues 4 different levels that are baised upon the amount of the cash prizes. They have good info.

The only downfall there is that usually 1/2 the team owners are not active before the end of the season and in most of the leagues I have played in better than 90% of all trades are vetoed.
houstonherdfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 5)

Postby Gunslinger » Tue Jul 13, 2004 9:51 pm

Another option is to just use the free yahoo and add on what you want. I usually just add the stattracker. I don't know if being in a plus league will help attract more active owners or not. I would think you'd be better off recruiting a league here in the classifieds and then just moving it to a site after you have all your owners in line.

I also play in pay leagues for my more serious leagues (dynasty and keeper) but those are cash payout leagues so the $10 for site fees is worth it. They're much more flexible and we can fine-tune our rules as the league develops from year to year.
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby jaroext » Wed Jul 14, 2004 3:38 pm

I was in a yahoo Plus league with all my buddies. I won the league so I got a cool little plaque like 2 months ago. We love the stat tracker but you could buy it for 10 bucks. We paid 130 for a twelve person league so it was worth it. I would say get a group with some passion and then go into together for maximum value. The updates and rankings are ok....I read too much to really use them like others do. The pre-draft kit was a joke. Just rankings and articles that Yahoo posts a day later anyways. Like I said, if you have a group go for it. If it is just you, stay cheap and buy the stat tracker. Every group loses interest from the bottom dwellers. Spice it up with prizes that anyone can win from week to week. Good luck.
If you dont know who the sucker at the table is...
jaroext
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Return to Football Talk