Patriots vs Panthers...Break it down for me...EXPERTS HELP! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Video Games

Patriots vs Panthers...Break it down for me...EXPERTS HELP!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Patriots vs Panthers...Break it down for me...EXPERTS HELP!

Postby DaShadyOne » Tue Jul 13, 2004 10:38 pm

Okay who would you rather have in a video game? Consider this though guys. In video games Offence usally is more dominit. Here are some PLAYER RATINGS...

PANTHERS
DT-Jenkins, 97
P- Saurburn, 93
DE- Pepers, 92
RB- S. Davis, 92
Wr- Steve Smith, 92
DE-M. Rucker, 90
C- J. Mitchelle, 90
ILB-D. Morgan, 87
WR-M. Muhammad, 86

PATRIOTS
K-Vinatierei, 98
SS-R. Harriosn, 97
QB-T. Brady, 93
CB-T. Law, 91
DE-R. Seymour, 91
ILBT. Bruchi, 89
OLB-Colivin, 88
T-M. Light, 88
OLB-Mcghinest, 87

Those are th only ratings out...I think having 2 good recievers and a very good back like S. Davis is important not to mention that great D- Line the panthers have now The Pats have a great CB,SS, and LB's but nothing on offence... Break it down for me I don't know much about the panthers secondary. Or even if they have any other good LB's how good is there defence?
DaShadyOne
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby WhiteChocolate » Tue Jul 13, 2004 10:49 pm

There Defence is very solid, they lost some guys yes, but they'll still hold it down. With Rucker and Peppers on the Ends with Wallace rotating in, and Buckner and Jenkins at the tackles they have no problem putting pressure on opposing teams QB's and stopping the run. At the LB Spot they were really good, although they've lost Favors to the Panthers, they still ahve, who when hes healthy, is one of the best side line to side line LBs in the league, Dan Morgan (Posted 25 tackles in the SB) they also had Will Witherspoon, who played well for them, and Mark Fields will be coming back for them this season, not to mention they brought in Brandon Short from the Giants and Jessie Armstead aswell who will also help them out. There secondary is a big play secondary, with Ricky Manning Jr. at one corner, he proved he can paly all post-season, especially with his big 3INT Game, aswell as one of the better SS in the league with Mike Minter... they lost FS Deon Grant in the offseason, so thats a blow to the secondary, however they drafted Chris Gamble who should be able to help them out at the corner, maybe not right away, but he'll be on the field none the less. That pretty much sums it up I think.. basically they had a great defense last year, and I think it will be very good this year as well.

WHO LET THEM HOKIES OUT?
WhiteChocolate
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby DaShadyOne » Tue Jul 13, 2004 11:04 pm

so who would you take if you had to play a a season,playoffs,superbowl which team will give you a better chance to win it all? I like the fact the PATS defence is so good and can stop anyone but they have noooooo offence.
DaShadyOne
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby brdmaverick » Tue Jul 13, 2004 11:33 pm

well, if you are talkin about Madden 2005, the game is going to be VERY defensive-oriented. To symbolize the change in philosophy, Ray Lewis is on the cover. I would take the Pats over the Panthers.
Go Pats!
brdmaverick
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby deftdelivery » Wed Jul 14, 2004 1:43 am

The hell is this doing in FF talk? :-? Should go in Video Game chat, that's what it's there for ya know :-t

BTW - At least make it clear what video game you are talking about...it's a pretty vague post :-/
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums

[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Postby WhiteChocolate » Wed Jul 14, 2004 9:08 am

deftdelivery wrote:The hell is this doing in FF talk? :-? Should go in Video Game chat, that's what it's there for ya know :-t

BTW - At least make it clear what video game you are talking about...it's a pretty vague post :-/

Exactly. And this is true, the new Madden will me more Defensive Oriented, in 2004 I'd take the Panthers... in 2005, I'll still take the Panthers cause It's a luxury to have good RB's and decent QB and a fast WR. And their defense can defenitely hold their own.

WHO LET THEM HOKIES OUT?
WhiteChocolate
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby The Great Gambini » Wed Jul 14, 2004 9:22 am

Ugh...how can they keep ranking Muhammad so high? He blows.

'Twas a fun year, fellas.
The Great Gambini
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Trot Nixon » Wed Jul 14, 2004 10:17 am

A better question is why do they keep under-rating the Pats? :-t
Trot Nixon
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby WhiteChocolate » Wed Jul 14, 2004 10:19 am

Probably because the Pats, as individuals don't have a lot of players with talent on paper IE Blazing speed, or agility. But because Belicheck is such a great coach he coaches to his players strengths not weaknesses, that way they're good as a unit, but individually, there not exceptional players.

WHO LET THEM HOKIES OUT?
WhiteChocolate
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Free Bagel » Wed Jul 14, 2004 12:45 pm

If you're talking about for now (IE Madden 2004) then you have to look at position talent.

The Patriots defence isn't actually very good in Madden 2004. Defensive tackles are useless in 04, even with a DT rated 99 you will notice little difference over a DT rated 75.

2004 on defense is all about fast DE's and strong, aware corners (the reason the dolphin defense is soooooooooo much better in madden than say, the Cowboy defense even though their overall rating is virtually the same).

The problem is, each of the teams wins one of these. The Panthers DE's are exponentially better. You can blab on about how Richard Seymour is rated in the high 90's all you want, but his speed kills him (and in 04 it's FAST DE's). Play a game online against Peppers and then a game online against Seymour and tell me which was more a nuisance. You'll hardly notice Seymour but Peppers will be on your mind every play. On the other side, Rucker is nearly as tough, and while not as fast as Peppers, is quicker than Seymour.

The Panthers lose the CB battle though. The Pats #2 cb is a rookie, and while rated decently, has very bad str and awr making him not much of a threat. Ty Law is easily the best of the group on both teams here.

That being said, I'd take the Panthers. Spread your dline out wide, and your opponent won't be able to stop thinking about it. Trust me, that D-line gets in people's heads. When it's spread wide, they'll take the snap and look at the line to see where they need to scramble/step up to rather than looking downfield.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Next

Return to Video Games