Got interesting "Avoid at all costs" lists? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Got interesting "Avoid at all costs" lists?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Franchise Fan » Wed Jul 14, 2004 5:32 pm

by saying julius jones is like the hype every year do you mean fantasy hype? or real hype? fantasy hype i dont think its a big reach, i mean think about it. Last year, Parcells did not like hambrick, called him fat occasionally,(to boost his will power and determination) but still gave this man the ball. Now were talking Parcells first choice in the draft, i think he likes him a little bit more than that. hambrick, who sucks terribly, had 275 carries last year for 5 TDs. Cason had 40 carries, and murrell 28, bickerstaff with 19. Cason had two TDs, and bickerstaff(parcells power tool, evident against the eagles in philly last year) had 1. every one of those players barring Cason will not be playing for the cowboys this season (bickerstaff is injured), thats alot of carries to Julius. Not only that but Julius is much more talented than hambrick, as any of the first 5 RBs drafted. Julius, if he sees as many plays as hambrick, should have around the same stats d davis did last year, were talkin 1000+ yards with around 8+ TDs, and davis ranked 13 in total ffl points earned last year, Id say thats not bad to project for julius. top 20 at least. which means hes a good 2nd RB.
Franchise Fan
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

CafeholicGraphics ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby FavreFan1998 » Wed Jul 14, 2004 6:19 pm

TheBakedBean doesnt really know what hes talking about, because Fred Taylor played in all 16 games the past two seasons, so talk about not doing your homework and relying on 3 year old stereotypes, but go ahead pass up taylor in the early 2nd round while the guy at the end of the 2nd round grabs him along with LT and wins your league
FavreFan1998
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby proncis » Wed Jul 14, 2004 6:41 pm

On my do not draft lists include any player from the Tennessee Titans, and Jamal Lewis.

Unfortunatley, I don't have any strong reasoning for this opinion outside of the fact that the Titans are boring to watch, and Jamal Lewis has always struck me as a pampered athlete, plus you don't know what may happen with the black cloud of the court appearances hanging over..

I know that this is a bit petty on my end, but I play fantasy football because it's fun. and neither the ravens or the titans are really that exciting to watch on offense. So one of my beliefs when I build a team is to draft players that I enjoy watching and like to root for.

I'm sure I'll be flamed for this, but that is one of my beliefs.
proncis
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby KingGhidra » Wed Jul 14, 2004 6:46 pm

FavreFan1998 wrote:TheBakedBean doesnt really know what hes talking about, because Fred Taylor played in all 16 games the past two seasons, so talk about not doing your homework and relying on 3 year old stereotypes, but go ahead pass up taylor in the early 2nd round while the guy at the end of the 2nd round grabs him along with LT and wins your league

;-D
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby 34=Sweetness » Wed Jul 14, 2004 9:00 pm

My avoidees
QBs in the first 3 rounds- way too much depth here to take any of them
Marshall Faulk- If Marshall cant juke because of his knees, hes no good.
Any NY Giants player- Barber, Toomer, Shockey. Not unless I see some evidence Kurt Warner will be resurrected.
Stephen Davis- If carolina pounds him like they did last year, he will miss significant time. Carolina can't afford that. So he and Deshaun will split carries.
Anquan- not in the 3rd round, mid 4th we will talk
McCardell- Holdouts are never good
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Bottled Aggression » Wed Jul 14, 2004 9:14 pm

TheBigBakedBean wrote:Nah, man - I don't want these guys on my team. Period. Not even trade bait.

* Priest is going to go down this year - as is Vick, Faulk, and Bruce.

So you think Vick will get hurt? He has been hurt ....what.... one time. He broke his leg. That probably isn't going to happen every year to Vick. What do you think? I just laugh everytime I see someone write that about Vick. He had a bad injury, he was out for a long time. But that doesn't mean he is getting injured every other game.
Bottled Aggression
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Re: Got interesting "Avoid at all costs" lists?

Postby Adlaw » Wed Jul 14, 2004 9:22 pm

[quote="TheBigBakedBean"]Mine is as follows:

-> Priest Holmes (ok...not so much of an avoid...I've just concluded that I'd much rather have one of the guys just below him in most drafts...like Ahman or Deuce or Clinton)

What are you, on Crack?? :-o
Adlaw
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Football Newbie » Thu Jul 15, 2004 12:38 am

This sounds familiar... lets not draft holmes because he will get injured... he tore it up but no, he will get injured... i swear he will get injured.... SOUNDS LIKE LAST YEARS DRAFT DOESNT IT? REMEMBER THE RESULTS?!?!
Football Newbie
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby JohnnyTitan » Thu Jul 15, 2004 1:05 am

proncis wrote:.the Titans are boring to watch

Do you watch football? Three games decided by 3 pts or less out of the last 4. Two losses to NE where they were in a position to score with under 2 mins on the clock, 1 by a INT as the Titans were driving & the second a 4th & long that was dropped by Bennett that would have put the titans in field goal range to tie the game (that was the playoffs). Eight games that they scored more than 30 pts last year. A last minute field goal to beat the Ravens in BAL, also the playoffs. Boring? Tune in a game, then comment.
Last edited by JohnnyTitan on Thu Jul 15, 2004 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
JohnnyTitan
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby creamdoorthirtyniner » Thu Jul 15, 2004 11:11 am

So you think Vick will get hurt? He has been hurt ....what.... one time. He broke his leg. That probably isn't going to happen every year to Vick. What do you think? I just laugh everytime I see someone write that about Vick. He had a bad injury, he was out for a long time. But that doesn't mean he is getting injured every other game.

Vick not only suffered a broken leg in the pros, he suffered quite a load in college also. And playing on Atlanta's offense is an added injury, wouldn't you agree? Call me a Vick hater, but I'm not the one looking like an ass when I dont draft him first round to have him injured.
"I like rusty spooons...I like to touch them"
-Salad Fingers

Help Find a Cure for Diabetes,With a Simple Donantion to[url]http://www.jdrf.org/[/url]
You can make a difference!!
creamdoorthirtyniner
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk