A new top 5 WR. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

A new top 5 WR.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Canadian Seahawk » Thu Jul 15, 2004 9:29 am

Mookie4ever wrote:I completely agree that RS is underrated. If Lelie picks it up and the running game craps out they could be a lot like the Steelers of 2002 (light version).

But here are a few things to consider:

1) RS only 8 TDs the past 2 years
2) Jake only started 11 games last year
3) Broncos passing yards 2002 - 3824
Broncos passing yards 2003 - 2969 down almost 1,000 yds.

That being said - I look for a big bounce back from him this year and would take him at about the #20 wr spot, lower if I thought that he would fall.

you can't use 2003 passing yards against them,,,do you even remember who QB'd for them for 4 games
Canadian Seahawk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Toronto, Centre of the Universe.,,I'd love some M&Ms please homeless

Postby Mookie4ever » Thu Jul 15, 2004 9:36 am

Canadian Seahawk wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:I completely agree that RS is underrated. If Lelie picks it up and the running game craps out they could be a lot like the Steelers of 2002 (light version).

But here are a few things to consider:

1) RS only 8 TDs the past 2 years
2) Jake only started 11 games last year
3) Broncos passing yards 2002 - 3824
Broncos passing yards 2003 - 2969 down almost 1,000 yds.

That being said - I look for a big bounce back from him this year and would take him at about the #20 wr spot, lower if I thought that he would fall.

you can't use 2003 passing yards against them,,,do you even remember who QB'd for them for 4 games

I know - but he is still the primary backup for 2004.

I like Jake and I think that he will do well in Denver, but even at his best, his max TDs for a season is 18.

"I think that gay marriage should be something between a man and a woman" Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Poobah » Thu Jul 15, 2004 10:18 am

Bennett, I appreciate your willingness to buck the trend, and if you get him and he blows up, congratulations.

However, I am unconvinced. I have Lelie around #30 and Smith around #40 on my WR lists, and it'll take some serious change of events to make me rethink that.
Poobah
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Ranker

Postby TwoTallBeers » Thu Jul 15, 2004 2:12 pm

I will admit, the players listed above (Moss, Harrison, Owens, CJ, and Ward) all have better quarterbacks, but Rod Smith has something going for him. No offense. Rod Smith is, in my opinion, in a very similar position as LT. He lost his main reception take-awayer (dictionary) in Sharpe and the loss of Portis can only hurt their explosive running game. But, what about Shanahan's system? It will work, oh, trust me it will work, but not to the exetreme of producing a Portis or Terrell Davis.

Sounds alot like Pearless Price last year
TwoTallBeers
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Previous

Return to Football Talk