westbrook: sleeper rb or not? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

westbrook: sleeper rb or not?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby IRON CHEF » Thu Jul 15, 2004 4:40 pm

I think Westbrook may be a tad overrated, as shown by where he is getting drafted so you can't call him a sleeper.

When I couldn't make a live draft I pre-ranked my players and I ended up with Westbrook as my #2 RB. I am unsure if I am safe with him as number two. Anyone else have any opinions on what number back he should be?

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Adlaw » Thu Jul 15, 2004 4:47 pm

Rudy Rudy Rudy!!!!!!

sorry got caught up in the drama!
Adlaw
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby FootballDrummer6 » Thu Jul 15, 2004 4:50 pm

I view Westbrook as a quality No. 3 back that should be taken in the late 4th to 5th round.
FootballDrummer6
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Kensat30 » Thu Jul 15, 2004 7:27 pm

I'm unconvinced Westbrook can make a solid #2 back this season simply because he won't see enough touches. I was a Westbrook owner last season that was forced to start Westbrook for several weeks. I knew that by starting him I was guaranteed a bad FF score unless he scored a touchdown. Luckily he managed to consistently put up TDs with like 10 touches per game (freaking crazy).

This year his touches should increase, but not as much as people think. If anyone remembers last season, when Duce Staley went down, Buckhalter became the starter and Westbrook kept a similar, limited role but with more touches. I think that is the type of role he will play this year, a limited role with less than 20 touches per game. Not exactly RB#2 material for fantasy.

I think Westbrook is extremely talented and has a strong chance of matching his TD totals of last season. But I don't think he will have enough touches/yardage to be a player you want to start week in and week out. Unless of course you manage to get awesome talent at the other positions because you did draft Westbrook as your #2.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Previous

Return to Football Talk