Mason/Westbrook or Moulds/Bennett - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Mason/Westbrook or Moulds/Bennett

Moderator: Football Moderators

Mason/Westbrook or Moulds/Bennett

Postby FootballDrummer6 » Thu Jul 15, 2004 11:24 am

Which two would you rather have: D. Mason and B. Westbrook or E. Moulds and M. Bennett??
FootballDrummer6
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby maddog60 » Thu Jul 15, 2004 11:44 am

Mason/Westbrook.

Strictly because Mason is much better than Moulds.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Mercer Boy » Thu Jul 15, 2004 12:09 pm

Based on last year's performances, I would have to say Mason and Westbrooke. It is still pretty close though...Moulds could make a comeback from his injuries of last year to have a really good season.

Westbrooke will probably still score more than Bennett, so I'd go with the first choice.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby KingGhidra » Thu Jul 15, 2004 1:06 pm

Oooh tough one. I like Mason better than Moulds and Bennett better than Westbrook.

Moulds is a better breakout/return to glory candidate than Westbrook is, so I lean towards the combo of Moulds/Bennett.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Thu Jul 15, 2004 1:15 pm

I agree with KG here too.
Mason>Moulds
Bennett>Westbrook

Give me the Bennett side because of the higher upside IMO. I like Moulds to have a strong comeback yr.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Franchise Fan » Thu Jul 15, 2004 1:26 pm

Moulds Bennent, any day of the week, I like the upside compared to mason and westbrook. Moulds, as i think KG stated a while ago, has a little every other year great performance, and this is his year to have a good fantasy year, last year bad year, before that good year, before that bad year... and bennent is MUCH better than westbrook, no way he is getting double digit TDs this year i promise.
Franchise Fan
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

CafeholicGraphics ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Mercer Boy » Thu Jul 15, 2004 1:30 pm

I thought everyone was scared that Bennett was going to get vultured by Moe/Onterrio this year? What happened...
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby FootballDrummer6 » Thu Jul 15, 2004 1:39 pm

Yeah. I was looking at Bennett but I'm getting a little scared because of all the talk about O. Smith being their back for the future and the Bennett might be traded after this season.
FootballDrummer6
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Thu Jul 15, 2004 1:40 pm

Mercer Boy wrote:I thought everyone was scared that Bennett was going to get vultured by Moe/Onterrio this year? What happened...

A lot of people didnt buy into that. Ive said for a while now Moe was in an exceptional situation last yr due to the RB injuries. He will be relegated to some goalline duties this yr, but thats about it - and he has to split those with Cpepp. To me, the only peple who think Onterrio should see significant carries are Onterrio, his agent, and those that believe them.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby KingGhidra » Thu Jul 15, 2004 1:56 pm

Mercer Boy wrote:I thought everyone was scared that Bennett was going to get vultured by Moe/Onterrio this year? What happened...

Why be scared of that? He only had 5 rushing TDs in 2002. Everyone expects it. That's the great thing about running backs who pile on yards and don't get TDs, they have nothing but upside in the TD category.

I'm not worried about goal line carries. What worries me most about Bennett is the Vikings might look to find someone who is actually a running back and not just a track star.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Next

Return to Football Talk