In-depth Discussion, RBs. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

In-depth Discussion, RBs.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby MadScott » Tue Jul 20, 2004 2:31 am

I too agree that Edge is "due" if you will for a big year. He showed glimpses last year and Manning's success is only going to shift the focus of defenses more to the pass than the run.

I would probably switch Jamal Lewis to #8 on the list. The main factor there is the offensive line which is quite possibly the best in the league right now. If they can get any passing game going whatsoever, watch out. Of course there's the legal issue but that's a wait and see. I'd put not so "Fragile" Fred ahead of Ricky right now. Ricky's line stinks this year, no question about it. Del Rio saw the benefits of putting the ball in Fred's hands last year as they finished on an upnote.

Agreed that there is then another line drawn. In this group I place Dom Davis, S. Davis, K. Barlow, T. Barber and Henry. Dom is going to be an integral part of the offense in Houston this year coupled with what I think will be a breakout year for Carr, I look for another big year from him. S. Davis you know is going to get fed the ball a ton, it's Fox's style and the maturation of Delhomme is only going to help things out. Barlow has got to be the focal point of the 49ers offense, he's the only weapon they have coming back and the O-line is above average. Tiki I think could be poised for a bounce back season with the Giants, especially if Kurt Warner can get off to any kind of start there. What better to motivate a back than having your own team trying to shove you out the door? That's why I think Henry will have a decent season and push to keep McGahee on the bench.

The guys with huge question marks in my mind are Bennett, Dillon, Johnson, Staley, Faulk, Westbrook and Garner. From everything that I've read so far, Tice says that Bennett is the starter in Minn. If he can revert back to 2002 form, he's a diamond in the rough and will keep the other guys on the bench. Dillon is on a contending team finally but one that is rooted in the passing game couple that with his recurrent hammy problems, I've got serious doubts about what he'll be able to accomplish this year. Rudi will go as Carson Palmer goes. If Carson comes in and can take some of the heat off of the running game, he should be in good shape but watch out if he doesn't. I could be very wrong about Duce going to Pittsburg, but I just don't like that marriage. I really don't see him as an every down back. Faulk, well, the wheels are starting to come off. Great back for many years but it's time to stop counting on him for substantial FF points. He can't stay healthy and Martz isn't smart enough to help him out. Westbrook is decent enough, but Buckhalter is still a factor in Philly. The biggest question with Garner is how much more he has in the tank. I actually think that Gruden will squeeze one more great year out of him.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Football Talk