Ahman Green Update, Going for 2000yds? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Ahman Green Update, Going for 2000yds?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Ahman Green Update, Going for 2000yds?

Postby Warpigs » Thu Jul 15, 2004 1:06 pm

Just on Yahoo:

News
Can Ahman Green rush for 2,000 yards? He thinks so, and so do his Packer teammates. "I think with what we did last year, that has to be a goal," Green told the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel. "With everybody back and if everybody stays healthy and we're all on the same page, why not?" Left guard Mike Wahle agrees. "He can definitely do it," Wahle said. "He has the talent to do it. It's a matter of getting the plays called and getting in the right situations. We're going to get him yards. I'm not worried about that." Last year, Green set team records with 1,883 yards and 20 total touchdowns.

Views
Last year at this time the talk was of keeping Green fresh for the entire season by using more of Najeh Davenport. So much for that! Green proved he can be a workhorse last season and will post huge numbers behind one of the game's best lines again in 2004 as long as he stays healthy and hold onto the ball.

Just more proof to help bolster my "out of the box" arguement that Ahman Green needs to be considered a possible No. 1 back. Jamal Lewis's yardage with Priest's TDs. (ok, maybe that's a little much to hope for, but still -- he's the total package).

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=f ... &type=lgns
Warpigs
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Spotter
(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby KingGhidra » Thu Jul 15, 2004 1:09 pm

I've had him rated 2nd on my board since the season ended. I may have downgraded him once or twice, but he's still 2nd in my mind. He runs better than most any RB I've seen in the league.
Last edited by KingGhidra on Thu Jul 15, 2004 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Thu Jul 15, 2004 1:12 pm

Im right there withyou guys on this one - Green has stud written all over him. Easily top 3 - may push into top 2.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Warpigs » Thu Jul 15, 2004 1:17 pm

Personally, I'm targeting him as my No. 1. LT2 worries me with the lack of support on the Chargers. He may be OK, or he may be overwhelmed soon and break down. Priest is awesome, but I don't think he can get back to 27 TDs again. Green, like I mentioned before, is the total package in that he combines yardage with TDs and receiving out of the backfield skill. When I say I target him first, I plan on trying to draft No. 3 or 4, which also gives me a jump on the Priest and LT2 owners in the second round.
Warpigs
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Spotter
(Past Year: 3)

Postby Franchise Fan » Thu Jul 15, 2004 1:18 pm

out of the box to call him a number one back? who is calling him a number two back? your saying most people think hes not top 10? because in a minimum 10 team league, that would qualify him as a number one back, so i dont think your argument was out of the box at all, unless of course you meant to say the number one back, in which case that is an out of the box statement...
Franchise Fan
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

CafeholicGraphics ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby KingGhidra » Thu Jul 15, 2004 1:19 pm

Warpigs wrote:Personally, I'm targeting him as my No. 1. LT2 worries me with the lack of support on the Chargers. He may be OK, or he may be overwhelmed soon and break down. Priest is awesome, but I don't think he can get back to 27 TDs again. Green, like I mentioned before, is the total package in that he combines yardage with TDs and receiving out of the backfield skill. When I say I target him first, I plan on trying to draft No. 3 or 4, which also gives me a jump on the Priest and LT2 owners in the second round.

Yes... Pick 3 or 4 looks very good this season. You get whichever RB falls to you and a good shot at picking up a good 2nd RB or top WR before the 1 & 2 pick guys.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby CC » Thu Jul 15, 2004 4:51 pm

Franchise Fan wrote:out of the box to call him a number one back? who is calling him a number two back? your saying most people think hes not top 10? because in a minimum 10 team league, that would qualify him as a number one back, so i dont think your argument was out of the box at all, unless of course you meant to say the number one back, in which case that is an out of the box statement...

Pretty sure he meant "the" number one back, he's my #3, but he could definetly move up.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Kensat30 » Thu Jul 15, 2004 7:49 pm

Of all the games I watched last year (thank you lord for the NFL package) Ahman was the best runner by far. I can't remember the last time I saw a guy with the moves like Ahman Green, he reminds me of Jurassic Park. You know where the doctor and the kids are in the field and the ostrich dinosaurs are running away frmo T-rex, the way they shift direction and maintain the same speed, that's Ahman Green right there. It's like he doesn't even stutter step when he cuts, he just leans.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby arrbez » Thu Jul 15, 2004 8:06 pm

Kensat30 wrote:Of all the games I watched last year (thank you lord for the NFL package) Ahman was the best runner by far. I can't remember the last time I saw a guy with the moves like Ahman Green, he reminds me of Jurassic Park. You know where the doctor and the kids are in the field and the ostrich dinosaurs are running away frmo T-rex, the way they shift direction and maintain the same speed, that's Ahman Green right there. It's like he doesn't even stutter step when he cuts, he just leans.

lol, best analogy ever.

i don't know about putting ahman at #1. i can see sliding him ahead of LT, but i'm not going to be the guy to bet against priest again. it's hard to be down on a guy who set an NFL record for TD's last year
It doesn't need to be in good taste, so long as it tastes good
arrbez
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby FeArMeNtL » Thu Jul 15, 2004 9:07 pm

Well I would put him ahead of Priest just for the fact that KC line lost Tait and the fact that the Packers have there entire offensive line coming back. Tait IMO was a key part to getting Holmes the TD record and without him, its going to be extremely hard for him to achieve that ever again or get close to it.
[img]http://mywebpage.netscape.com/mercerboy3/fearmesig.jpg [img]
The tandem of Chad Johnson and Rudi Johnson, plus a new defense,Marvin Lewis,Palmer=Dynasty
FeArMeNtL
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Return to Football Talk