Strategy question..... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Strategy question.....

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Smizzy » Thu Jul 15, 2004 4:17 pm

IRON CHEF wrote:With Jamal's charges hanging over his head I would rather have Edge. he finished out the season strong and should have a full comeback season this year. On the way back go for Holt of Harrison.

So then if i can grab Edge on the turn around....i should be very happy about my 1st 2 rounds.....but where will that leave me with WR's?

im sure in a 10 team draft thats another....16-17 pick till i get to pick....so who do you see being left in or around there....just guestimate.
Smizzy
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby IRON CHEF » Thu Jul 15, 2004 4:26 pm

IRON CHEF wrote:
With Jamal's charges hanging over his head I would rather have Edge. he finished out the season strong and should have a full comeback season this year. On the way back go for Holt of Harrison.

So then if i can grab Edge on the turn around....i should be very happy about my 1st 2 rounds.....but where will that leave me with WR's?

im sure in a 10 team draft thats another....16-17 pick till i get to pick....so who do you see being left in or around there....just guestimate.

I meant that you could get Edge first, then Holt or Harrison on the turnaround. So you would have a nice back and receiver. But by the time you get your third pick you still may be able to get a receiver like TO, Ward, or CJ or a back like Bennett.

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Smizzy » Thu Jul 15, 2004 4:35 pm

IRON CHEF wrote:
IRON CHEF wrote:
With Jamal's charges hanging over his head I would rather have Edge. he finished out the season strong and should have a full comeback season this year. On the way back go for Holt of Harrison.

I meant that you could get Edge first, then Holt or Harrison on the turnaround. So you would have a nice back and receiver. But by the time you get your third pick you still may be able to get a receiver like TO, Ward, or CJ or a back like Bennett.

You missunderstood.

I took J.Lewis......i was asking should i grab Moss or Harrison or go with another Back like Edge or ricky on the turn around.

This is a 8 team draft.

So im waitin for team 8 to take his 2 picks
Smizzy
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby IRON CHEF » Thu Jul 15, 2004 4:42 pm

Oh, sorry.

I still say take edge. If not him then ricky, holt, harrison, or taylor. When you get your third pick as I said before you could probably still get a fine receiver like TO, Ward, or CJ.

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Smizzy » Thu Jul 15, 2004 4:50 pm

IRON CHEF wrote:Oh, sorry.

I still say take edge. If not him then ricky, holt, harrison, or taylor. When you get your third pick as I said before you could probably still get a fine receiver like TO, Ward, or CJ.

So you think Edge has more value than Harrison? Does Drafting Lewis factor in at all?
Smizzy
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby marvin88 » Thu Jul 15, 2004 4:52 pm

if edge comes back around to 14th it's a no brainer. lewis and edge is sweet. so far most mocks i've looked at have edge anywhere from 5 to 10 and lewis from 7 to 12. if edge is gone take holt or harrison if either is still there. if they're all gone you're looking at t.o. or dillon or henry, i think.
marvin88
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Location: wishing i could change my name to canadian colthead.

Postby CC » Thu Jul 15, 2004 4:52 pm

Edge easily has more value than Harrison, Fred Taylor does too.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby marvin88 » Thu Jul 15, 2004 4:59 pm

if edge comes back around to 14th it's a no brainer. lewis and edge is sweet. so far most mocks i've looked at have edge anywhere from 5 to 10 and lewis from 7 to 12. if edge is gone take holt or harrison if either is still there. if they're all gone you're looking at t.o. or dillon or henry, i think.
marvin88
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Location: wishing i could change my name to canadian colthead.

Postby CC » Thu Jul 15, 2004 5:03 pm

How did you manage to double post 7 minutes apart?
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Smizzy » Thu Jul 15, 2004 5:05 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:How did you manage to double post 7 minutes apart?

Time for an upgrade ;-D
Smizzy
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk