B/U in Green Bay - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

B/U in Green Bay

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Bennett4prez » Fri Jul 16, 2004 6:55 pm

TheBigBakedBean wrote:
Somebody's feeling like tough stuff since he got his very own Forum...

But watch it there, holmes...it's not over. If GB's WRs are "so bad," then how would you describe Minny's knack for choking when it matters? Oh you don't really need examples, do you?

Ooo...low blow. Read my posts, username, sig, or anything else you can find on me. I'm going to praise the Vikings and dis on those Packers no matter what.

On a more serious note, lay off the forum. I work my butt off to get that thing going (and, yes, we are still just starting). Don't give me an ego check here. If you want, PM me. Don't waste space on the boards. Nobody wants to hear it.
[url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106] Check Us Out! A New Debate Daily![/url]

TICE FIRED!
Bennett4prez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberWeb SupporterSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby TheBigBakedBean » Fri Jul 16, 2004 7:01 pm

Ouch, man...Just enjoying the Pack/Vikes rivalry, here.

And you should have sensed the hint of jealousy, but then again, there's no way to incorporate tone into the thing. Sorry everything has to be so damn serious around here.

Damn, give me a break and take a friggin joke. I plan on participating in your debates, if I'm welcome.

Some of you people are literally spending all day discussing a GAME. Sure, I'm passionate about it too - but damn, everybody here is so quick to jump on the defensive.
TheBigBakedBean
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Bennett4prez » Fri Jul 16, 2004 7:06 pm

I'm all up for competitve banter. Sorry, usually you get to know somebody before you start taking sarcastic cheap shots. Your jokes are now accepted and I look forward to returning the favor on future Pro-Packer posts from TheBigBaked Bean :-D

Back on topic, like I said earlier, Tim Couch is, and always will be, a college quarterback. This is precisely why Drew Henson will fall flat on his face if Parcells is dumb enough to start him in the first place over Vinny.
[url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106] Check Us Out! A New Debate Daily![/url]

TICE FIRED!
Bennett4prez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberWeb SupporterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby TheBigBakedBean » Fri Jul 16, 2004 7:11 pm

Bennett4Prez wrote:Back on topic, like I said earlier, Tim Couch is, and always will be, a college quarterback.

In his defense, he showed flashes of something special in Cleveland...

But we all know that was quite shortlived. I think the kid needs a second chance - I loved watching his college career here in Lexington and was thrilled that the Pack signed him.

But the fact remains that he's got the EASIEST job in all of sports - Brett Favre's backup.

I think the Pack is better with him than they are with Pederson under center, at any rate. But, like any sane football fan, would rather see Hass as Favre's B/U, anyway...
TheBigBakedBean
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby cooleyhigh » Sat Jul 17, 2004 4:48 am

If you need a reminder of how good Minn. is check this...

http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/foru ... highlight=

Put any QB in the NFL outside of Vick on the Browns and they will suck. Garcia is a sleeper!!! Give me a break. If Couch is given an opportunity he will shine. He lit up Arrington, Brown and co. for 3 quarters with absolutely no help. As for Henson why is he a college only QB? Is it because he nearly took Brady's job as a true freshman?
cooleyhigh
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Homeless » Sat Jul 17, 2004 9:14 am

I dont expect Favre to break his streak of games started, by getting injured anytime soon. If he does go down, Couch will be a decent back up and given time there, he would make a great starter.
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby TheHeat24 » Sat Jul 17, 2004 4:45 pm

Wheres the cheesehead... a vikings/ pack war of words and hes not involved.... im amazed.

Hook em Horns
TheHeat24
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby fantasizing » Sat Jul 17, 2004 6:16 pm

I see Favre playing, and playing well, the whole season.
Mainly because they've got the best offensive line in the NFL, and three horses to run behind and through them (Green, Davenport, and Fischer). Expect the running game to be even more dominant this year than last.
fantasizing
Head Coach
Head Coach

Previous

Return to Football Talk