Duece McAllister - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

Duece McAllister

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Duece McAllister

Postby kid a » Sun Jul 18, 2004 10:18 am

Smizzy wrote:ID like to get a discussion on what do you think of Duece and how he will do in '04

McAllister He had a 9 straight 100yd games lst yr...

He rushed for almost 1650yds....Caught 69 balls.

Do you see a 10+ TD season for Duece?



I'd like to see someone provide legit reasons that Deuce won't finish #1 this year.

The Saint offense struggled last season and Deuce still was a stud. They should improve this year and his TD totals should rise. He'll be near the top in rushing yards, and he's as good of a receiver as any back in the NFL. He never comes out of the game, he stays healthy for the most part and he's still young, he has an easy schedule, and the Saints gave away Ricky Williams because Deuce is just better.

This years Priest Holmes is Deuce McAllister.
kid a
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

User avatar

Posts: 524
Joined: 11 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Top of the standings you suckaz!!!

Postby houstonherdfan » Sun Jul 18, 2004 2:25 pm

I sure hope so I got him at #6 in my 1st year dynasty league, I was suprised he was there.
You could think of government workers like teenagers. You pay them an allowance, but do you get any work out them? They eat the food, put their feet on the furniture and complain loudly whenever they are unhappy.
houstonherdfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 5065
(Past Year: 5)
Joined: 10 Jul 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: The Center of the Universe

Re: Duece McAllister

Postby Free Bagel » Sun Jul 18, 2004 3:09 pm

kid a wrote:
Smizzy wrote:ID like to get a discussion on what do you think of Duece and how he will do in '04

McAllister He had a 9 straight 100yd games lst yr...

He rushed for almost 1650yds....Caught 69 balls.

Do you see a 10+ TD season for Duece?



I'd like to see someone provide legit reasons that Deuce won't finish #1 this year.

The Saint offense struggled last season and Deuce still was a stud. They should improve this year and his TD totals should rise. He'll be near the top in rushing yards, and he's as good of a receiver as any back in the NFL. He never comes out of the game, he stays healthy for the most part and he's still young, he has an easy schedule, and the Saints gave away Ricky Williams because Deuce is just better.

This years Priest Holmes is Deuce McAllister.


LOL...c'mon. How about we start with someone providing legit reasons as to why Deuce WILL finish #1 this year.

Of course, perhaps you consider "The Saint offense struggled last season and Deuce still was a stud. They should improve this year and his TD totals should rise." to be legit.

WHY should the Saints offense improve this season? It looks exactly the same to me.

WHY should his TD totals rise?


Basically, you could apply the exact same paragraph you just wrote to about 20 different players.
Image
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Posts: 8495
Joined: 25 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Titletown, FL

Re: Duece McAllister

Postby kid a » Sun Jul 18, 2004 3:30 pm

Free Bagel wrote:
LOL...c'mon. How about we start with someone providing legit reasons as to why Deuce WILL finish #1 this year.

Of course, perhaps you consider "The Saint offense struggled last season and Deuce still was a stud. They should improve this year and his TD totals should rise." to be legit.

WHY should the Saints offense improve this season? It looks exactly the same to me.

WHY should his TD totals rise?


Basically, you could apply the exact same paragraph you just wrote to about 20 different players.



Why should the offense improve? Well, the offensive line was banged up badly all last season and LeCharles Bentley (the pro-bowler) is returning healthy. They've used several recent draft picks on some of the best young linemen in the draft.

They added pro-bowl fullback Sam Gash too, known for his run-blocking.

Aside from the line, Aaron Brooks had to play hurt most of last season and he clearly wasn't himself. Donte Stallworth missed a lot of time and played hurt. Basically the offense spent the whole season on the injury report. Most likely, that won't happen again.

His TD total dropped from 16 to 8 despite accounting for 40% of his team's offensive production. That's simply a fluke and it almost can't happen 2 years in a row. The smart money says his TD total is closer to 16 than 8, and I would bet it will be around 20 or so. Just like Torry Holt would have so many yards and catches and so few TD's, that stuff is bound to even out like it did last year for him.

Throw in the easy schedule, the fact that the whole offense has gained 1 more year of experience in the system, and the fact that this team is so sold Deuce that they shipped out Ricky, and I'm seeing no reason he can't finish #1.

Can you say that about 20 other players?
kid a
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

User avatar

Posts: 524
Joined: 11 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Top of the standings you suckaz!!!

Re: Duece McAllister

Postby Bennett4prez » Sun Jul 18, 2004 3:36 pm

kid a wrote:This years Priest Holmes is Deuce McAllister.


Sorry, this year's Priest Holmes is Priest Holmes. I do like McAllister though. I got him #4 behind Priest, LT, and Ahman. He is one of the most consistant backs in the NFL you can rely on him for double-digit numbers every week. I can't see him falling in any draft to the Alexander or Jamal range. Deuce should go ahead of both of them, easily.
Image
[url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106] Check Us Out! A New Debate Daily![/url]

TICE FIRED!
Bennett4prez
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberWeb SupporterSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 2078
Joined: 6 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Minnesota

Re: Duece McAllister

Postby kid a » Sun Jul 18, 2004 3:40 pm

Bennett4Prez wrote:
kid a wrote:This years Priest Holmes is Deuce McAllister.


Sorry, this year's Priest Holmes is Priest Holmes. I do like McAllister though. I got him #4 behind Priest, LT, and Ahman. He is one of the most consistant backs in the NFL you can rely on him for double-digit numbers every week. I can't see him falling in any draft to the Alexander or Jamal range. Deuce should go ahead of both of them, easily.


I will never spend the first pick in a draft on a RB over 30. No matter what. I said the same thing last year when he was coming off from hip surgery and I'm still eating my words, but I won't touch him.

Common sense tells me that he will finish as one of the leagues top backs this season, if not #1. But I'll play it "safer" with one of the younger RB's ranked right under him on most cheat sheets, because the first year I own Holmes will be the first year he is a bust. Gut feeling. The same gut feeling tells me this year belongs to Deuce.
kid a
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

User avatar

Posts: 524
Joined: 11 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Top of the standings you suckaz!!!

Re: Duece McAllister

Postby Bennett4prez » Sun Jul 18, 2004 6:30 pm

kid a wrote:
Bennett4Prez wrote:
kid a wrote:This years Priest Holmes is Deuce McAllister.


Sorry, this year's Priest Holmes is Priest Holmes. I do like McAllister though. I got him #4 behind Priest, LT, and Ahman. He is one of the most consistant backs in the NFL you can rely on him for double-digit numbers every week. I can't see him falling in any draft to the Alexander or Jamal range. Deuce should go ahead of both of them, easily.


I will never spend the first pick in a draft on a RB over 30. No matter what. I said the same thing last year when he was coming off from hip surgery and I'm still eating my words, but I won't touch him.

Common sense tells me that he will finish as one of the leagues top backs this season, if not #1. But I'll play it "safer" with one of the younger RB's ranked right under him on most cheat sheets, because the first year I own Holmes will be the first year he is a bust. Gut feeling. The same gut feeling tells me this year belongs to Deuce.


Then please don't draft him this year cuz I'm counting on him to rule the league once again. I don't know what I'm arguing for. Go ahead, take Owens #1. Maybe he will outproduce Priest, just maybe...
Image
[url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106] Check Us Out! A New Debate Daily![/url]

TICE FIRED!
Bennett4prez
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberWeb SupporterSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 2078
Joined: 6 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Minnesota

Postby FourthandLong » Sun Jul 18, 2004 9:49 pm

if deuce is available in a keeper or a first year dynasty league, he should def go before any 30 year old back. last year he had 500+ reception yards...AND NO REC TOUCHDOWNS...that is ridiculous.

he also basically had 1 touchdown for every 200 rush yards...there is no way he doenst push up his td total back up to where it was in 2002 (16).
owner of the Toss to Moss aka Deuce is Loose franchise in the SFL Keeper League Season VI
FourthandLong
Water Boy
Water Boy


Posts: 67
Joined: 8 Jul 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: on the MNF horse trailor

Re: Duece McAllister

Postby Free Bagel » Sun Jul 18, 2004 10:18 pm

kid a wrote:Why should the offense improve? Well, the offensive line was banged up badly all last season and LeCharles Bentley (the pro-bowler) is returning healthy. They've used several recent draft picks on some of the best young linemen in the draft.

They added pro-bowl fullback Sam Gash too, known for his run-blocking.

Aside from the line, Aaron Brooks had to play hurt most of last season and he clearly wasn't himself. Donte Stallworth missed a lot of time and played hurt. Basically the offense spent the whole season on the injury report. Most likely, that won't happen again.

His TD total dropped from 16 to 8 despite accounting for 40% of his team's offensive production. That's simply a fluke and it almost can't happen 2 years in a row. The smart money says his TD total is closer to 16 than 8, and I would bet it will be around 20 or so. Just like Torry Holt would have so many yards and catches and so few TD's, that stuff is bound to even out like it did last year for him.

Throw in the easy schedule, the fact that the whole offense has gained 1 more year of experience in the system, and the fact that this team is so sold Deuce that they shipped out Ricky, and I'm seeing no reason he can't finish #1.

Can you say that about 20 other players?


Absolutely I can say that about a handful of other players.

The Saints had no more injuries than any other team out there. Stallworth played as many games as he did the year before, and if Brooks was hurt I didn't notice. Take Ricky Williams, Jamal Lewis, Ladainian Tomlinson, etc etc who were all hurt far more by the teams injuries around them (their quarterbacks actually missed games, not had some phantom injury through which they still put up good numbers), and there you have the exact same arguement. There's hardly a team out there that didn't have an injury to an O-linemen and a #2 WR.

The 1 more year of experience thing means nothing, everyone in the league has 1 more year of experience. The problem in New Orleans isn't people's performance in the system, it IS the system. Saying the system stayed the same is actually a detrement to your arguement. I would be much more easily persuaded if you had told me they were implementing an entirely new system.

The Torry Holt point is a joke:

Just like Torry Holt would have so many yards and catches and so few TD's, that stuff is bound to even out like it did last year for him.


It's too bad it took FIVE years to finally have a season where it evened out for Holt. Seems to me that given 5 season with the same number of catches, 4 of them with 6, 6, 7, and 4 TD's, and one with 12 TD's, it's easy to pick out the outlier as the one with 12 TD's, not the FOUR years with 7 or fewer.

I don't see how you can say last year's TD total was definitely a fluke and will "obviously" improve up to around 16-20. As a Deuce owner last year, and hence someone that was following his games closely, what I saw wasn't anything that led me to believe it was a fluke and normally he would score. He wasn't getting TD runs called back for penalties, he didn't fall one inch short a bunch of times, it was nothing like that, he got 8 TD's flat out, no fumbles on the goalline, nothing, just 8 TD's.

Saying that "I see no reason he won't finish #1" for someone that has never really been all that close to finishing #1 and who's team is nearly identical to those seasons is not a legitimate arguement. Saying "I see no reason he won't finish #1" about a guy like Priest who finished #1 the last two years might make some sense, you can't just pick a guy from the middle of the first round and say you don't see any reason why he won't finish better than the guys that scored 19 and 14 more touchdowns than him last year while his team comes back with almost the same personnel and same coaching/system as the year he trailed by 19 touchdowns, it's YOU who have to make that arguement, not them.

And so far, the only arguement that you've even come close to selling me on is that the Saints signed Sam Gash, which I didn't know. However, I highly doubt that Gash will account for 14-19 touchdowns. Because almost all the guys he's chasing had about the same amount of injuries on offense, and have 1 more year of experience in their system.
Image
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Posts: 8495
Joined: 25 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Titletown, FL

Postby Free Bagel » Sun Jul 18, 2004 10:26 pm

FourthandLong wrote: last year he had 500+ reception yards...AND NO REC TOUCHDOWNS...that is ridiculous.


And what exactly are you basing this arguement on?

It makes perfect sense to me. RB's get most of their receiving yards on dump offs where the defense is downfield. Now, there's that whole thing about the end zone only being 10 yards deep, so when they get near the end zone, there's not really any 'downfield' left for the defenders to be.

If Mccallister's 500 receiving yards and 0 TD's is so outlandish and "ridiculous", then what is Priest's 700 receiving yards and 0 TD's?
Image
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Posts: 8495
Joined: 25 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Titletown, FL

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 12:02 hours
(and 41 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact