Best Madden 2005 Team - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Video Games

Best Madden 2005 Team

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Warpigs » Fri Jul 16, 2004 11:55 am

I think I'll start practicing with the Vikings! ;-D

And still will keep an eye on Miami, Green Bay and Baltimore. (perhaps Washington as a far sleeper)
Warpigs
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Spotter
(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Free Bagel » Fri Jul 16, 2004 12:24 pm

Warpigs wrote: Miami and Washington have new coaches coming in, so it will be hard to predict playbooks, etc. until the 2005 version is out.

You realize you can use any playbook, right? You're not limited to that team's playbook.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Warpigs » Fri Jul 16, 2004 12:28 pm

True. Didn't think about that!
Warpigs
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Spotter
(Past Year: 3)

Postby Go Vikes » Sun Jul 18, 2004 10:01 am

I wouldn't be too worried about the Vikings Defense. Their d-line will be awesome with udeze, K. Williams should be rated in the 80's in '05, and Hovan is low 90s. Winfield and williams should be good enough at corner. Chavous was a pro bowler, so I expect high 80s-low 90s from him. You can pass on offense a lot with moss and bennett on plays out of the backfield.

Good Luck!
Go Vikes
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Play Maker » Mon Jul 19, 2004 4:09 am

It really depends on the style you play. If you love to air it out then the Vikings and maybe the Saints, but the Vikings the number 1 pass offenses in the game. If you love to pound the run, then I would go with Baltimore, with Jamal Lewis and the o-line, should the farely well, or Redskins with portis and the o-line to help, they also got speed at wrs. If you like a balance attack then Eagles,Seahawks, and Dolphins. In your case I would go with the Dolphins, since your not high about your defense capabilties, and two good wrs and speed/power back in Williams should do good for you, along with the top 2 cbs in the game.
Play Maker
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby FeArMeNtL » Mon Jul 19, 2004 9:13 am

I'd say go with the Bengals :-b You got Rudi Johnson, Chad Johnson, Peter Warrick, oh and plus you can make Palmer good :-/. Their defense is actually pretty decent this year. I would probably use them because I'm a homer so ya ;-D
[img]http://mywebpage.netscape.com/mercerboy3/fearmesig.jpg [img]
The tandem of Chad Johnson and Rudi Johnson, plus a new defense,Marvin Lewis,Palmer=Dynasty
FeArMeNtL
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby goleafsgo96 » Mon Jul 19, 2004 9:42 pm

Have you ever tried using a team with a stud receiver, and using that player like mad? When my buddies have tournaments, the hot teams are the Bills (Moulds catches everything, solid D) Vikings (Moss catches EVERYTHING) Colts (Manning to Harrison works like mad). I like the Vikings idea, and i know from lots of experience the more you throw to Moss, the better the chance you win. Seriously, hes so hard to stop.
Chris Leak-QB-Florida Gators
goleafsgo96
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby terpfan » Mon Jul 19, 2004 10:31 pm

goleafsgo96 wrote:I like the Vikings idea, and i know from lots of experience the more you throw to Moss, the better the chance you win. Seriously, hes so hard to stop.

that and everybody likes to run with the qb...

defense should be a bit better too.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Free Bagel » Tue Jul 20, 2004 6:51 am

goleafsgo96 wrote:Have you ever tried using a team with a stud receiver, and using that player like mad? When my buddies have tournaments, the hot teams are the Bills (Moulds catches everything, solid D) Vikings (Moss catches EVERYTHING) Colts (Manning to Harrison works like mad). I like the Vikings idea, and i know from lots of experience the more you throw to Moss, the better the chance you win. Seriously, hes so hard to stop.

Well it depends on the level of competition he's playing. Really good players will completely shut you down if you focus on one WR.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby portisfan24 » Thu Jul 22, 2004 2:22 am

i tried that but my friend just takes the corner who is covering owens (this was 03) and blankets him and sets up double teams. i prefer a spread out attack like the saints or colts
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games