Best Madden 2005 Team - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Video Games

Best Madden 2005 Team

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Play Maker » Thu Jul 22, 2004 4:18 am

Could also go with a team with a good tigh end: Ravens,Chiefs,Giants but out of those 3 I'll pick the Ravens for the defense and cause of Heap is hard to stop but Gonzo is a b. Tight Ends are hard to stop, if you dont have good lb's.
Play Maker
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby UtopianHopes » Thu Jul 22, 2004 9:01 pm

Play Maker wrote:Could also go with a team with a good tigh end: Ravens,Chiefs,Giants but out of those 3 I'll pick the Ravens for the defense and cause of Heap is hard to stop but Gonzo is a b. Tight Ends are hard to stop, if you dont have good lb's.

Eh..Nothing personal, but the ravens biggest down fall is their wr's. If no one respect your deep ball, then your stuck with 8 man in the box every play. Sooner or later they will catch on to your te passes with zones and pulling d-lineman off the line. Also the te postion overrated. I can produce with C. Lewis (eagles te) just as well as if it was Heap. For god sake, J. Witten (cowboys te) had over 1,500 yrds recieving in our league...lol (props to free bagel)
UtopianHopes
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Free Bagel » Thu Jul 22, 2004 9:30 pm

Just so you know UH, I'm pretty sure playmaker=squaby ;)
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Play Maker » Fri Jul 23, 2004 6:26 am

UtopianHopes wrote:
Play Maker wrote:Could also go with a team with a good tigh end: Ravens,Chiefs,Giants but out of those 3 I'll pick the Ravens for the defense and cause of Heap is hard to stop but Gonzo is a b. Tight Ends are hard to stop, if you dont have good lb's.

Eh..Nothing personal, but the ravens biggest down fall is their wr's. If no one respect your deep ball, then your stuck with 8 man in the box every play. Sooner or later they will catch on to your te passes with zones and pulling d-lineman off the line. Also the te postion overrated. I can produce with C. Lewis (eagles te) just as well as if it was Heap. For god sake, J. Witten (cowboys te) had over 1,500 yrds recieving in our league...lol (props to free bagel)

Yea, but if you know to run the ball, and not call the same running play continous, mixing up some pass could be deadly. The Ravens o-line is good, and so will Jamal Lewis be next year. And yea im Squaby, with the pathethic 3-13 Giants record,(came 1/2 through season).
Play Maker
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Warpigs » Fri Jul 23, 2004 11:55 am

Hey all. Thanks for the help. I played one of the best Madden players in our fantasy league the other day. I was able to keep the Vikings offense moving, which was nice, but defensively he killed me with the Jags. A lot of it was my playcalling, I'm sure, but the Vikings defense factored into it, I'm sure. How much better with the Vikings defense be in the 2005 game vs. the 2004 game?
Warpigs
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Spotter
(Past Year: 3)

Postby Warpigs » Fri Jul 23, 2004 11:56 am

I also am considering the Patriots since I love their playbook and they'll definitely have one of the best defenses in the game. Wondeirng how Dillon will be rated in the game.

If someone had a gun to your head and you had to pick a team for a one-day Madden 2005 tournament, go with Vikings, Pats, Dolphins or Green Bay (I'm ruling out the other teams)
Warpigs
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Spotter
(Past Year: 3)

Postby Free Bagel » Fri Jul 23, 2004 12:28 pm

The Viking's defense is actually pretty solid in 2004 (hella overrated). I wouldn't say it's gonna be THAT much better in 2005. Winfield at corner is the only major upgrade, Udeze is a rookie and will be rated as such, and there's always the chance that allllll those players they vastly overrated in 2004 won't be overrated again in 2005.

From those teams, I would rule out the Packers and Patriots. The Patriots defense is a great real life defense, but not all that great of a Madden defense. They are a bunch of good players that play well together in Belicheck's system, the only real star on the D is Law. The fins are made up of stars, Madison is at least as good as Law, and they have another corner that's just as good on the other side in Surtain. They've got the stud pass rusher in Taylor, Ogunleye gets overrated in madden because of his speed, and their LB core is just as solid madden wise.

On offense (again madden-wise), Ricky > Dillon and Chambers/Boston >>> Pats WR's (all very mediocre in madden), and Mcmichael is one of the fastest TE's in the game.

Fiedler isn't as good as Brady, but he adds some mobility and a bad QB is one of the least noticeable positions in madden. There's really not much of a difference until you get to guys like Mcnabb/Cpep/Vick.

Personally, with a gun to my head, I would take Miami. Honestly I don't see how anyone can lose with that team. The Vikings are scary as well though, especially if you don't play the same run/throw to the TE/play tough 46 defense with manual control of the safeties as I do.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby terpfan » Fri Jul 23, 2004 1:32 pm

I think the Vikings defense has a chance to be pretty good. Corey Chavous, Brian Williams, and Brian Russell all had career years last year with 8, 9, and 5 picks respectively. Kevin Williams had a huge rookie year and will probably also be rated highly on the Dline with an allready overrated Hovan. Even their second DE, Lance Johnstone somehow got 10 sacks last year. These big individual stats could make for a pretty good madden D. That and the offense will be very good with the running QB in Cpepp, speedy RB in bennett, and dominant WR in Moss. They also have a pretty good TE with Kleinsasser and a good Oline. It's a tough choice between them and Miami but I'll be different and go with Minnesota. :-)
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Video Games