Anyone on CBS.Sportsline that can help me out? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Anyone on CBS.Sportsline that can help me out?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Anyone on CBS.Sportsline that can help me out?

Postby FootballDrummer6 » Fri Jul 16, 2004 10:40 am

I'm going to play on CBS.Sportsline.com, and I've been looking extensivly at the ESPN Live Draft Results to get a feeling for when players are going to be taken, and I've got all my plans laid out. But an NFL.com writer just made a one-man mock that is wildly different than ESPN and I don't know which one to trust, and xpertleagues.com has their average drafts that are a bit different as well. It really sucks because I spent MANY hours figuring out my plans, and how I have no idea if they'll work at all.

If anyone has already done their draft here on CBS.Sportsline.com, could you maybe copy and paste your draft results so I can see how CBS people are drafting?? And maybe if there's a pick that's really weird, point it out. I don't see how it could hurt you or your team. Thank you very much for you help!
FootballDrummer6
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby roninmedia » Fri Jul 16, 2004 10:48 am

Make your own mock drafts. A lot of drafting comes down to gut feeling. But the draft style is rather standard on sportsline when it comes down to comparison to mock drafts.

That mock draft on NFL.com will work in sportsline. Tweak it to your liking though. NFL.com and sportsline share the same leagues and rules so it works out.
roninmedia
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby FootballDrummer6 » Fri Jul 16, 2004 10:51 am

I know it's good to make my own and everything. But now I have no idea if I can get B. Westbrook in the 4th, like on ESPN, because I've found a couple places where he's going in the 3rd. I just don't want all the hours I spent working out my draft plans to just go to complete waste.
FootballDrummer6
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby roninmedia » Fri Jul 16, 2004 11:09 am

I have played on sportsline during the past 3 years and I rarely if ever go into the draft with a solid mock draft from an expert that I will abide by.

Thats the exact problem. You need to be more flexible in your drafting style. You can't focus on one player. From what you are saying right now, you seem to have a big fear of someone like Westbrook not falling into your hands. You can't fall into that mentality. NO mock draft will give you the key to drafting in a league because the settings in a league may be the same in the the standard sportsline leagues but the people are all different. You have to go in there with a guideline and know how to adjust to it according to the style of the owners in the leagues and the flow of the draft, or as I like to call it, "Draftng the Draft' (I'm a big Le Mans fan).
roninmedia
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Rodge » Fri Jul 16, 2004 11:42 am

Make your own 'mock draft.' Why are you so concerned about what other drafts look like? Go into the draft with some guidelines and then see who is available and pick accordingly. One thing that mock drafts can do is make you pick a guy too early. I may see a mock draft that has B. Westbrook going 12th overall. Now, I know that that is a ridiculous pick at #12 and I would not allow my guidelines to be affected by this. If Westbrook is taken at #12, then so be it. Let some other stooge make that pick and move on and take someone else. Don't move a guy way up your draft board just because that is where he was picked in some mock draft on the internet. Pick players where you feel they should be drafted.
Rodge
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby KingGhidra » Fri Jul 16, 2004 11:56 am

The ESPN live draft results are the best that I have found. They reflect the results of probably a few thousand pay leagues every season. Not one or two "experts" making picks, but guys giving up hard earned cash to win a prize. This isn't the time to make guesses or switch up draft strategy just to see how it comes out.

Of course there will always be exceptions. Brian Westbrook MIGHT go at 12 and Peyton Manning might go 1st overall, but it's very rare. If that kind of crap does happen in your league, that's probably good for you anyway.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby 34=Sweetness » Fri Jul 16, 2004 12:22 pm

Ghidra do you have a link for the ESPN league draft average? Id like to see it.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby madmike » Fri Jul 16, 2004 3:41 pm

I notice CBS now has a link called "draft average" in the left hand menu under draft prep. It has no data yet but claims will populate with averages of all league drafts.
-Mad Mike
madmike
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Football Talk