Cheatsheet Adjustment: Javon Walker - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Cheatsheet Adjustment: Javon Walker

Moderator: Football Moderators

Cheatsheet Adjustment: Javon Walker

Postby Warpigs » Fri Jul 16, 2004 11:53 am

Official word from Yahoo/John Clayton. As far as I'm concerned, Walker will be one of the better "sleeper" (although everyone knows about him) picks of the year. This only strengthens my convictions for him!!

Packers: Walker's hard work paying off

by Fanball Staff - Fanball.com
Friday, July 16, 2004

News
Phoenix trainer Brett Fischer had Packers' wide receiver Javon Walker run routes and sprints wearing a 30-pound vest as part of workouts earlier this offseason. That's the word from ESPN's John Clayton in his "Inside the Huddle" column. Clayton also reports that Fischer had Walker catching passes while standing on one leg and while wearing elastic bands that extended from his waist to his wrists. The difficult and unorthodox workout regimen led to Walker having an outstanding minicamp.

Views
It sounds like Clayton is firmly on the Walker bandwagon we started driving prior to the 2003 season. Javon has clearly developed into the Packers' best wideout, ahead of Donald Driver and Robert Ferguson, and should be easily inside the top 20 wide receivers on your draft-day cheat sheet…do we hear top 10?
Warpigs
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Spotter
(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby KingGhidra » Fri Jul 16, 2004 12:00 pm

Phoenix trainer Brett Fischer had Packers' wide receiver Javon Walker run routes and sprints wearing a 30-pound vest as part of workouts earlier this offseason. That's the word from ESPN's John Clayton in his "Inside the Huddle" column. Clayton also reports that Fischer had Walker catching passes while standing on one leg and while wearing elastic bands that extended from his waist to his wrists.

Is this football training camp or a kung fu movie?
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby FootballDrummer6 » Fri Jul 16, 2004 12:27 pm

I think Walker will do pretty well, but I see him more as a big play target that will end up being inconsistent. Some games will be huge, others will be next to nothing. What round do you think (for a 12-team, non-keeper, no 1pt. per reception league)? I'm thinking in the high 7th (thats where ESPN's Live Draft Results have him).
FootballDrummer6
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby 34=Sweetness » Fri Jul 16, 2004 12:32 pm

Id like him in the 7th, but Im seeing him go in the antsports mocks at late 5th through the 6th. Where do you find these ESPN live draft results?
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby KingGhidra » Fri Jul 16, 2004 12:40 pm

34=Sweetness wrote:Id like him in the 7th, but Im seeing him go in the antsports mocks at late 5th through the 6th. Where do you find these ESPN live draft results?

If you're an insider, you can see a list. For the rest of us, just look up the player individually on their site and it gives you their info.

Javon Walker

Percent Owned Last Week: 75.6%
Percent Owned This Week: 99.9%
Weekly Ownership Change: +24.3%
Avg. Draft Position: 71.5

I have no idea how often this updates. If footballdrummer was a nice guy, he'd cut and paste it for us. *hint hint*
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby FootballDrummer6 » Fri Jul 16, 2004 1:04 pm

I have the results, but I'm not an insider - i got them from someone else and now I have them in a word document in a graph and it doesn't copy well at all into this (ive tried)
FootballDrummer6
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby ironman » Fri Jul 16, 2004 1:19 pm

KingGhidra wrote:
Phoenix trainer Brett Fischer had Packers' wide receiver Javon Walker run routes and sprints wearing a 30-pound vest as part of workouts earlier this offseason. That's the word from ESPN's John Clayton in his "Inside the Huddle" column. Clayton also reports that Fischer had Walker catching passes while standing on one leg and while wearing elastic bands that extended from his waist to his wrists.

The real turning point came when Walker was finally successful in snatching the pebble from Fischer's hand! :-D
ironman
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mercer Boy » Fri Jul 16, 2004 1:53 pm

FootballDrummer6 wrote:I think Walker will do pretty well, but I see him more as a big play target that will end up being inconsistent. Some games will be huge, others will be next to nothing. What round do you think (for a 12-team, non-keeper, no 1pt. per reception league)? I'm thinking in the high 7th (thats where ESPN's Live Draft Results have him).

We could have a last year's Justin McCareins situation on our hands. Dang near all of his yards came off of 40+ yard TD passes last year...he would have 2 catches in a game for 90 yards and 2 TD's...great for fantasy, but will it keep up this year? Is he really going to be the "go to" guy in this offense? Decent #3 option if you ask me.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby NFLknowitall » Fri Jul 16, 2004 3:50 pm

The real turning point came when Walker was finally successful in snatching the pebble from Fischer's hand! :-D

That's freaking funny!

LMAO..... anywho, I will move up Walker a little but not as much as some guys. Favre spreads the ball around well and I've heard all of this preseason hype before, sometimes it pans out, sometimes it doesn't.

"Then the sharks eyes roll over black and you start hearing all of that hollering and pounding and then the water turns red".
NFLknowitall
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby VaderFin » Fri Jul 16, 2004 5:12 pm

Walker=The Karate Kid
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk