Cheatsheet Adjustment: Javon Walker - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Cheatsheet Adjustment: Javon Walker

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby SunnydaleSpike » Fri Jul 16, 2004 6:57 pm

I like Walker to get 1,000 yards this year as Favre's top target. I also think Ferguson will have a good enough season to warrant starting consideration in some deeper leagues. Donald Driver, it was nice while it lasted.
Neil Young haunts my nightmares.
SunnydaleSpike
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby KingGhidra » Fri Jul 16, 2004 8:02 pm

SunnydaleSpike wrote:I like Walker to get 1,000 yards this year as Favre's top target. I also think Ferguson will have a good enough season to warrant starting consideration in some deeper leagues. Donald Driver, it was nice while it lasted.

I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss a guy who caught 85 passes two seasons ago. Driver had a couple nagging injuries last season that slowed him down, not even including that devastating neck injury.

Right now I think Walker is being overrated because of his 9 TD catches. What sticks out to me most is his 41 receptions. It's not like his receptions skyrocked the 2nd half of the season either. 20 in the first half, 21 in the second half. I'm not saying don't draft him, just don't be that guy who says "wow he scored 9 TDs in only 40 catches, that means he'll get 1400 yards and 15 TDs this year!!" and drafts him in the 4th round. A guy who only catches 40 passes in a season won't get drafted in a spot worthy of a starter on my teams. Best of the emerging WR class? Possibly.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby proKrastinate » Fri Jul 16, 2004 8:23 pm

This just in:

Walker has reported caught a fly with a pair of chop-sticks. He was last seen catching footballs with a bandana over his eyes. In an un-related incident, Noriyuki 'Pat' Morita, also known as Mr. Miyagi on the Karate Kid, was seen hanging around Lambeau Field. Witness' say he was forced to leave after being rushed by fans and admirers.
proKrastinate
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Wolverine » Fri Jul 16, 2004 9:00 pm

KingGhidra wrote:
SunnydaleSpike wrote:I like Walker to get 1,000 yards this year as Favre's top target. I also think Ferguson will have a good enough season to warrant starting consideration in some deeper leagues. Donald Driver, it was nice while it lasted.

I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss a guy who caught 85 passes two seasons ago. Driver had a couple nagging injuries last season that slowed him down, not even including that devastating neck injury.

Right now I think Walker is being overrated because of his 9 TD catches. What sticks out to me most is his 41 receptions. It's not like his receptions skyrocked the 2nd half of the season either. 20 in the first half, 21 in the second half. I'm not saying don't draft him, just don't be that guy who says "wow he scored 9 TDs in only 40 catches, that means he'll get 1400 yards and 15 TDs this year!!" and drafts him in the 4th round. A guy who only catches 40 passes in a season won't get drafted in a spot worthy of a starter on my teams. Best of the emerging WR class? Possibly.

I am in agreement with KG, everyone dismisses Driver in Green Bay. I was surprised he actually came back in 2003 after watching the clip of his fall on his head. It wouldn't surprise me a bit if Driver came back in 2004 and put up 900-1000 yards and 6-8 TD's. Driver is a real bargain for where he is getting drafted.
Wolverine
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby deftdelivery » Sat Jul 17, 2004 9:15 pm

KingGhidra wrote:
Phoenix trainer Brett Fischer had Packers' wide receiver Javon Walker run routes and sprints wearing a 30-pound vest as part of workouts earlier this offseason. That's the word from ESPN's John Clayton in his "Inside the Huddle" column. Clayton also reports that Fischer had Walker catching passes while standing on one leg and while wearing elastic bands that extended from his waist to his wrists.

Is this football training camp or a kung fu movie?
Or Rocky? :-?

I'm high on Walker, and I'm glad to be smokin em. I try and target those WR's who emerge as a team's #1 and put up good #s at the end of the year. That's why I was in love with Chad Johnson, and boy did it ever pay off. Walker has a hall of famer throwing him the ball, a great RB, and a great O-Line to allow him to get deep. What's not to like?
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums

[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Postby KingGhidra » Sat Jul 17, 2004 10:59 pm

FootballDrummer6 wrote:I have the results, but I'm not an insider - i got them from someone else and now I have them in a word document in a graph and it doesn't copy well at all into this (ive tried)

I got the results from someone in my keeper league. Everyone give aussieboy a hug when you see him. I formatted it a bit to suit my tastes, but it should be readable to everyone.

I can never get the damn code tag thingy to work right. You'll have to click this link. No spyware or naked ladies I promise.

http://kingghidorah.is-a-geek.net/Fanta ... PN_ADP.htm
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Azrael » Sat Jul 17, 2004 11:17 pm

Walker is another one of those 3rd year guys who could blow up or blow. Something like a K-Rob. I think he'll do well this year though.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby MadScott » Wed Jul 21, 2004 3:52 am

Azrael wrote:Walker is another one of those 3rd year guys who could blow up or blow. Something like a K-Rob. I think he'll do well this year though.

Bingo. I think you have to throw Donte Stallworth in there as well. Early word is the hammy is healed and he's ready to ball.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby CC » Wed Jul 21, 2004 5:59 am

I am really quite high on Walker this year (no homer bias) and he has the size and speed to be an elite WR. He is kind of like a mini-TO, and it will be either him or Stallworth (or both) that busts out and has a huge 3rd year, I would favor him over Stallworth by a nose however. He has a legit shot at 1100-1200 yards and 8-10 TDs. Favre tends to lock onto WRs and I think that WR will be Walker this year.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Driver

Postby Bears_Fan » Wed Jul 21, 2004 2:35 pm

No way will ferguson surpass driver. GB gave driver a MONSTER deal last year and he will be the #2 choice. Keep in mind he also has a good relationship with favre and was not healthy last year or at the end two years ago. Driver has always put up big numbers when healthy for long durations in GB and he will have a lot to prove this year after being the #3 wr when he came back in 2004.
Beware of Booker with the Grossman
Bears_Fan
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Previous

Return to Football Talk