What is your opinion of Tatum Bell?? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

What is your opinion of Tatum Bell??

Moderator: Football Moderators

What is your opinion of Tatum Bell??

Postby Nobodies Business » Fri Jul 16, 2004 2:34 pm

Ive read that Bell is a sure lock to spring up to the #1 spot at some point this eason, and that he is the same type of athlete as portis and holmes.. Pro Football Weekly has him ranked pretty high on the sleepers list... Is he a free agent pool bargain?? I went ahead and picked him up and put him in my reserves list.. what do you think are the chances that bell becomes yet another one of shanahans creations, and has a break out season in 04??
Nobodies Business
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Bell, Griffin, Hearst

Postby YunYaamka » Sat Jul 17, 2004 1:51 am

From what I hear, Quentin Griffin is in the lead for the Broncos RB job at the moment. Hearst is after him. Bell won't start for a while because he's having fumbling troubles in mini-camp. With his speed (4.34 40) and the holes the Broncos O-line opens, he'll be a great fantasy player if he starts.
YunYaamka
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby oostan » Sat Jul 17, 2004 9:25 am

I'm not convensed Tatum Bell is going to be the man in Denver THIS YEAR. Denver has Alot of good RB's who fit their style of running better than Bell or Quentin Griffen. Bell and Griffin are quick silver on the field but don't break many tackles, AND both of them are small backs making them prone to injury. Cecil Sapp, Ahmaad Galloway, and even Mike Anderson fit the Denver system of one cut, break a tackle, and run down-hill hard. Frankley, I wouldn't be suprised to see Garrison Hearst cut at the end of camp. He's to old and banged-up to compeat. Give Bell a year to put on some muscle and learn the Denver system as well as the pro-game in general. Regardless, in a year or two Denver will be looking to trade one of their running backs again because they will have another log-jam at the position. Personally I'm not gonna touch any of the Denver RB's because of the good possibilty of the dreaded running-back by committie. But hey, I would luv to see the secound comming of Terrel Davis or Clinton Portis and Denver has history of producing stud RB's.
oostan
Monday Morning Quarterback

Postby roninmedia » Sat Jul 17, 2004 10:42 am

From what I hear, Mike Anderson came into mini-camp in top condition and he was by far the best running back in the camps.
roninmedia
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Football Talk