Can't quite get over the hump? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Miami Dolphins

Can't quite get over the hump?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby t-love » Fri Jul 23, 2004 6:13 pm

I like how you think Heat... ;-D
t-love
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby UtopianHopes » Fri Jul 23, 2004 7:59 pm

TheHeat24 wrote:The bucs eventually won the super bowl...

Reggie howard is a corner not a safety....

Antuan Edwads, Arturo Freeman and Yeremiah Bell will compete for marion's old spot

The dolphins made the playoffs two years ago...

Please tell me who wrote this?

Eh, as a dolphins fan I still don't rule out the playoffs, but there alot of question marks this season.

O-line. The whole right side scares me. Center got owned his rookie year and cost us a game vs viking, because havoc owned his ass (blame the coaching staff for not helping him out). RG is going to be R.Jerman or Carey will start (I hope carey can learn the offense quick). RT St. CLair..man couple season ago we game plan to pick on this guy when he played for st.louis. He was the reason rams traded for Turely.

Te- McMichael can face jail time for hitting his wife.

D-Line- Ogunleye Hold out might get even worse with him out for atleast 10 games.

Safety- Antuan Edwads, Arturo Freeman and Yeremiah Bell are a downgrade from marion.

Coaching- Offense and Defense are extremely predictable. Shit, they rely so much on pure talent.

I don't think fielder is a weakness. Yes, he doesn't help us win a game, but he also doesn't make use lose one ether. His accuracy for the deep ball questionable.
UtopianHopes
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby TheHeat24 » Fri Jul 23, 2004 10:26 pm

UtopianHopes wrote:[

I don't think fielder is a weakness. Yes, he doesn't help us win a game, but he also doesn't make use lose one ether. His accuracy for the deep ball questionable.

His accuracy period is questionable...

Hook em Horns
TheHeat24
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby UtopianHopes » Sat Jul 24, 2004 9:38 am

TheHeat24 wrote:
UtopianHopes wrote:[

His accuracy period is questionable...

Eh...is A.J. Feeley the answer then?. I don't really like to be harsh with fielder, because of all his inj he has had in recent years (so that might be what affect his accuracy alot). Also dolphins have had a winning season in a row for a while now (which few team have done). In a way they spoiled us.
UtopianHopes
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby t-love » Sat Jul 24, 2004 10:06 am

[quote="UtopianHopes"
Eh, as a dolphins fan I still don't rule out the playoffs, but there alot of question marks this season.

O-line. The whole right side scares me. Center got owned his rookie year and cost us a game vs viking, because havoc owned his ass (blame the coaching staff for not helping him out). RG is going to be R.Jerman or Carey will start (I hope carey can learn the offense quick). RT St. CLair..man couple season ago we game plan to pick on this guy when he played for st.louis. He was the reason rams traded for Turely.

Te- McMichael can face jail time for hitting his wife.

D-Line- Ogunleye Hold out might get even worse with him out for atleast 10 games.

Safety- Antuan Edwads, Arturo Freeman and Yeremiah Bell are a downgrade from marion.

Coaching- Offense and Defense are extremely predictable. Shit, they rely so much on pure talent.

I don't think fielder is a weakness. Yes, he doesn't help us win a game, but he also doesn't make use lose one ether. His accuracy for the deep ball questionable.[/quote]

To start with, its not Seth Mckinney that you need to worry about on the line. It was the left tackle that killed us. He's the main reason Griese isn't their now. Didn't give him any time. I cringed while watching DEs run straight past him. I know Freeney is good, but you can at least touch him. Granted he was a rookie and can only get better, but Mckinney is heads and shoulders above him. Next is Ogunleye. He is a good DE, but anybody playing opposite Jason Taylor is gonna be good. Bowens is not a bad replacement either. He was gonna be the starter last year until one of those last preseason games. I think he'll fill in just fine. Brock Marion. Even as a Dolphin fan, you have to admit that he was probably the most overrated safety in the league over the past few years. He regularly got beat for a 70-80 yard TD at least every other game it seemed like. He was good against the run, but at times horrid at playing zone against the pass. I always shook my head when I saw him make the pro bowl. They're saying that Bell is probably gonna get the job, but I think that even Edwards would be an upgrade. I'll give you the extremely predictable offense and defense. : ) Every off season they say they're gonna improve it, but you never see much change. Maybe this year.... And anyone who does not think that Fiedler is a weakness must be blind when he's throwing out, deepballs, and midrange passes across the middle. He's one of the few people I've seen that have the ability to run, and it can be 3rd and 1 with no one within 10 yards in front , behind, or whatever, and he'll force it into triple coverage downfield. I could go on about Fiedler for days, but I'll just stop here. I don't necessarily think that Feeley will be to much better though. And remember kids, these are my opinions and no offense was meant be any of them.
t-love
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby UtopianHopes » Sat Jul 24, 2004 1:12 pm

t-love wrote:To start with, its not Seth Mckinney that you need to worry about on the line. It was the left tackle that killed us. He's the main reason Griese isn't their now. Didn't give him any time. I cringed while watching DEs run straight past him. I know Freeney is good, but you can at least touch him. Granted he was a rookie and can only get better, but Mckinney is heads and shoulders above him. Next is Ogunleye. He is a good DE, but anybody playing opposite Jason Taylor is gonna be good. Bowens is not a bad replacement either. He was gonna be the starter last year until one of those last preseason games. I think he'll fill in just fine. Brock Marion. Even as a Dolphin fan, you have to admit that he was probably the most overrated safety in the league over the past few years. He regularly got beat for a 70-80 yard TD at least every other game it seemed like. He was good against the run, but at times horrid at playing zone against the pass. I always shook my head when I saw him make the pro bowl. They're saying that Bell is probably gonna get the job, but I think that even Edwards would be an upgrade. I'll give you the extremely predictable offense and defense. : ) Every off season they say they're gonna improve it, but you never see much change. Maybe this year.... And anyone who does not think that Fiedler is a weakness must be blind when he's throwing out, deepballs, and midrange passes across the middle. He's one of the few people I've seen that have the ability to run, and it can be 3rd and 1 with no one within 10 yards in front , behind, or whatever, and he'll force it into triple coverage downfield. I could go on about Fiedler for days, but I'll just stop here. I don't necessarily think that Feeley will be to much better though. And remember kids, these are my opinions and no offense was meant be any of them.

miamidolphins.com wrote:Was a consensus all-rookie selection ... Also was named the team’s Newcomer of the Year in a vote of South Florida media ... Third-round draft choice (78th overall) by Miami in 2003, with a pick obtained from New England in exchange for a second-round draft choice in 2004.

Hard to knock Wade Smith for getting beat 1 on 1 vs Freeney (who is a top de in the league). If your going to blame anyone, i say blame the coaching staff. They were so stupid to not provide him with help (they could atleast hold the te for blocking, use the rb to chip the de, etc..). He was selected as a project in the 3rd round and was pushed into the starting role due to dixion inj. He played well for his situation.

miamidolphins.com wrote:AMONG DOLPHINS ALL-TIME PASSING LEADERS: Fiedler ranks third on the Dolphins’ all-time lists for passing yards (9,854), pass attempts (1,413), completions (835) and touchdown passes (59) ... He also holds the second-highest career mark for completion percentage among quarterbacks with a minimum of 150 completions, with a mark of 59.1 ....

I will let the stats speak for itself.

All i know is if A. Freeman is starting at safety it a down grade. He was replace by Sammy Knight last year and the year before that when he was starting he was a was a poor tackler (got runned over alot). He also doesn't create much turnovers. I haven't seen much of edwards, but from what i have seen. He remind me alot of A. Freeman.
UtopianHopes
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby t-love » Wed Jul 28, 2004 10:06 am

I agree that most of it is the coaches, but those stats for Fiedler are really stupid. I would hope he would be 3rd all time for Miami statwise, they've only had 3 QBs play the amount of seasons he did. Griese was QB for a long time. Woodley only had 2 maybe 3 seasons, then Marino all the way up to Fiedler. So it would be almost impossible for him not to be in the top 3 for Miami stats.
t-love
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Previous

Return to Miami Dolphins