Who has more dynasty value Faulk or A. Green? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Who has more dynasty value Faulk or A. Green?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Who has more dynasty value Faulk or A. Green?

Postby FootballRulez » Fri Jan 31, 2003 9:50 am

I find myself really torn on this one. Here is why:

Faulk: Over the past 5 years Faulk has put up ridiculous numbers (369, 400, 456 in only 14 games!, 421 in only 14 games!, and 286 in only 14 games). This is in a standard scoring system with receptions getting 1 point. His worst year over that span was last year, but before his ankle injury he was on pace for another sick season (242 in 8 games before the injury, which means he was on pace for 484!), and this was during a total collapse at the QB position (see Warner). So with stats like that you might wonder why I would doubt ranking him higher then Green, but then I thought about age. Not only is Faulk 29 years old (about 60 in RB years), but if you notice he has only played 14 games over the past 3 years. So is there an injury concern there? Plus will that ankle injury linger into next year?

This brings me to Ahman Green. At only 25 years old Ahman Green is 4 years younger then Faulk. He has only 1109 total touches (rush and rec) compared to Faulk’s 2995. That means Faulk has more then double the wear on him then Green. Plus in all three of his seasons as a full time starter Green preformed admirably (320, 321, 271 in only 14 games). But on the other hand Green had a fairly serious knee problem this year (will it linger), and I also wonder how Favre’s retirement next year will affect the team (as Favre is the packers team).

So what do you think? Would you go with Faulk’s amazing stats for another 2 or maybe 3 years (hopefully), or would you go with the good and young Green?
FootballRulez

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Dazedncnfz » Fri Jan 31, 2003 10:01 am

Thats a tuff call....I can say though, as far as Farve retireing next year...thats not going to happen....he has stated that he will be back, i personaly don't think he'll retire the following year either....as long as they have a ligit chance to win the SB...the pack still have a strong team and Green will be a part of it for a long time...Faulk is Faulk and nobody has been playing like him with the exception of Holmes....Ricky and LT have stood out, but Faulk and Holmes stand out above the rest....Green will reach that status...you have to make the choice wether or not you want youth or exp in your back.....Faulk is older as you said and has a ton of exp and always gets his touches...Green on the other hand is young and still gaining exp, he will only get better, esp with Farve around......there isn't a team in the league that doesn't respect Farve, and thats what opens things up for Green...Faulk is in a up in the air situation in St. Louis...who knows who the QB will be next year, but either way he will get his touches....his ypc may drop though...once again this is a tough call and I don't want to make it for ya, as most people on this site will say....we are just here to give a opinion, what you do with it is up to you!...you now have mine, take it for what its worth...good luck
Last edited by Dazedncnfz on Fri Jan 31, 2003 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

T.S. - "You don't have to love me, but you will [b]RESPECT[/b] me"
Dazedncnfz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby fntsyrookie » Fri Jan 31, 2003 10:46 am

Yeah that's a pretty tough call, but I think you still have to hang in there with Faulk. Green is a good back, and I like him, but he's not Faulk, nor will he be. Yes he does have youth, but as you mentioned he doesn't get as many touches as Faulk. Faulk did have a down year. Injuries, the whole QB fiasco there, O-line problems, coaching problems, you name it. St. Louis will get all of these things squared away in the off season and Faulk will return back to normal. He might not put up the ridiculous #s of a few years ago, but they will be good, and I'm guessing better than Greens. In reality either way you go isn't going to be bad IMHO. I would stick with Faulk.
fntsyrookie
General Manager
General Manager

Innovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Homeless » Fri Jan 31, 2003 10:53 am

I'd go with Faulk, but then I got burnt by Green this past season and im feeling pretty negative about him and his injury situation.
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby DUKE » Fri Jan 31, 2003 12:32 pm

I'd go w/ Faulk. Yeah he had a dissapointing year last year, but so did Green. When Faulk is healthy, he still can be the best fantasy back in the league.
DUKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerInnovative Member

Postby hayesb26 » Fri Jan 31, 2003 3:29 pm

gotta go with faulk... both had pretty negative seasons last year, but u just have to stick with faulk for a couple more years
hayesb26
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby terpfan » Fri Jan 31, 2003 5:42 pm

id vote for faulk as well, but not by much...
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby VIPER » Fri Jan 31, 2003 6:51 pm

I think..... uuummmm...... I think I would also go with Faulk. (hate to sound like a broken record!)
VIPER
Benedict Arnold
Benedict Arnold

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby ScreamingWeasel » Fri Jan 31, 2003 7:27 pm

Faulk ... tictic ... Faulk ... tictic ... Faulk ... tictic.
Somebody tape a quarter to the tone arm! It's stuck! 8-o
ScreamingWeasel
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby JayM09 » Fri Jan 31, 2003 11:01 pm

i can see both ways on this, but i feel you have to go with faulk.

until he stops performing like he has in the past, he would be the one to stick with.
JayM09
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk