Lebron James DONE - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Lebron James DONE

Moderator: Football Moderators

Lebron James DONE

Postby hayesb26 » Fri Jan 31, 2003 5:12 pm

lebron james high school days are over... he foreited his eligibility by accepting clothes worth 850$ what do u guys think about this? :-C
hayesb26
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Guttpuppy » Fri Jan 31, 2003 5:26 pm

Just another punk coming up the ranks as far as I'm concerned,he did get some phat threads though!

"Last Saturday, James was given two retro sports jerseys from a clothing store. The jerseys, honoring former Chicago Bears running back Gale Sayers and former Washington Bullets center Wes Unseld, cost a combined $845.The Sayers jersey costs $395; the Unseld jersey, $450."
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby VIPER » Fri Jan 31, 2003 7:10 pm

U just knew they were gooing to come up with something on him. Too many people wanting a piece of the pie!! Seen a reporterr on ESPN that's doing a article on him talking about his mother . Looks like another Ms. Iverson. The reporter took LeBron to dinner and was about to pay for the meal and his mother was like WAIT!!, everybody order ice cream they are paying for it!! My question is if u can buy your son a 50- some-odd thousand dollar Hummer why can't u get him a $3 ice cream!?!? :-t :-t :-D
VIPER
Benedict Arnold
Benedict Arnold

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby ScreamingWeasel » Fri Jan 31, 2003 7:45 pm

It's too easy to critisize, especially from an adult perpective.
But this is a kid.
Not exactly a "mental giant" to begin with and now he finds himself "the next big thing".
Surrounded by a hoard of leeches, including his own family, that see nothing but a payday.
Yea - he should have listened to good advice.
Butt stupid move? No doubt about it.
Should have known better? Yep.
But what kid can hold up forever under that kind of pressure?
The HumV with 3 flat-screen TVs was just asking for it.
Every journalist, after that, was looking for the "big" story.
A couple-a shirts? Shirts?
It coulda been a lot worse.
From what I've heard - one hell of a nice kid.
Overwhelmed.
My 2 cents, anyway.
Last edited by ScreamingWeasel on Fri Jan 31, 2003 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ScreamingWeasel
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby JayM09 » Fri Jan 31, 2003 7:46 pm

as far as his playing days it doesnt matter now, cause in a few months, he's gonna have a fat wallet.
JayM09
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dazedncnfz » Fri Jan 31, 2003 7:48 pm

Guttpuppy wrote:Just another punk coming up the ranks as far as I'm concerned

thats how I see it....

T.S. - "You don't have to love me, but you will [b]RESPECT[/b] me"
Dazedncnfz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby terpfan » Sat Feb 01, 2003 1:08 pm

im with da weasel on this one... he was overwhelemed i think the rest of the season was a little harsh....

and lets not forget the real losers here: his teammates, so much for a national title :-/
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby slowkidz » Sat Feb 01, 2003 2:34 pm

"Overwhelmed?" Perhaps....But where were the people who are there to guide him and help him in his decisions? We cannot expect a child to know the best/right things to do all the time...It is a trial by error world that we live in...But his mother should have known better. She is the one who is supposed to look out for him and help him stay on the path. He is a talented player, no doubt. He will make it far and good luck to him...But with out a stable mind to help him, then all he will find are leeches in his britches...If he doesn't know what he can/cannot do...then at least his mother or even coach should! He isn't in the NBA yet, it's still high school!!!!! I think it's just getting ridiculous!! Let the kid get an education that will help him! He's been surrounded by "the next big thing" nonsense for two years now...He was even offered a chance to quit school his junior year to play in Europe for crying out loud!!! Next thing you know we'll have scouts at 6th and 8th grade games!! Maybe even stalking kids at daycare!! Enough is enough!! Lets keep the scouting to college players...I feel sorry for the kid, cuz you know he'll skip college, go to the pros, and god forbid, he'll bust his knee/leg or something will happen to knock him out of the lg...Then what will he have....at this rate, probably not even a high school diploma...

just my 2cents and then some....
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby hayesb26 » Sat Feb 01, 2003 5:14 pm

who cares if the kid gets free stuff? everybody is making BIG$ off him except for himself. let the kid get some stuff too.
hayesb26
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby VIPER » Sat Feb 01, 2003 7:26 pm

Yeah!!! His mom can get some freebies too!!!!! :-t :-t :-t
VIPER
Benedict Arnold
Benedict Arnold

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter