I knew it, I blew it - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

I knew it, I blew it

Moderator: Football Moderators

I knew it, I blew it

Postby cwebb » Sun Sep 08, 2002 5:17 pm

For next week, I'll compare the players on the teams I'll play against (my 2 main teams) and whoever is on both gets a spot on our START list, just like darn Priest Holmes who killed both of my teams this week with 4 TDs! :~(

Aaaarrrggghhh!!! :-#
cwebb
Bouncer
Bouncer

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby n_tremain23 » Sun Sep 08, 2002 7:46 pm

Yea Holmes had one hell of a game!No one questioned his talent or his numbers,but man,who would have thought he'd run for 4 TD's!And WOW,what an ending that was to the KC Cleveland game!Have you EVER seen anything like that?
n_tremain23

Postby Arlo » Sun Sep 08, 2002 8:36 pm

No, I don't remember ever seeing anything like that happen. What an ending! 8-o Unbelievable...

And speaking of unbelievable, how about the Texans' 10-0 lead?
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby terpfan » Sun Sep 08, 2002 8:59 pm

GO TEXANS! it will make my pick wrong if they win, but id love to see them embarass the cowboys!
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Arlo » Sun Sep 08, 2002 11:00 pm

... and they just did. Wow.
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby joe_montana » Sun Sep 08, 2002 11:06 pm

Way to go Texans. As a 49ers fan from back in the day nothing warms my heart more than a Cowboys loss.
joe_montana
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby slowkidz » Sun Sep 08, 2002 11:08 pm

These games were a great way to kick off the season!! Who would have thought the KC/Cleveland game would end with something like that?!?!? I watched until the beginning of the 4th qtr thinking the Dawgs had it wrapped up...I guess that shows me. But it was still a great game! And the Texans beating Dallas...Just wonderful!!! My hats off to those guys!!!! I think it was a good day all around!!!
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby beerman » Mon Sep 09, 2002 7:37 pm

just what did happen at the end of the chiefs and browns game it wasn't on in my area. but i did see the punter on tampa throw the ball to the saints guy in overtime lol.
beerman

Friendliness: %

Postby terpfan » Mon Sep 09, 2002 7:59 pm

with time running in the 4th quarter out with the browns up by 2, browns lb dwayne rudd grabbed trent green and pulled him down to the turf. thinking he had sacked him and ended the game, rudd threw his helmet in celebration. however, green had lateraled the ball before he hit the ground, to a tackle who rumbled down the field and was pushed out of bounds with the clock expired. rudds helmet throw resulted in a penalty, and since the game cannot end on a defensive penalty, the chiefs accepted the penalty and were moved into fg range. morten anderson hit the fg and the chiefs won.

sorry if that is confusing. i hope u got the jist...
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk