Torry Holts TD's - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Torry Holts TD's

Moderator: Football Moderators

Torry Holts TD's

Postby tuffbuc » Sun Jul 18, 2004 12:49 am

Do you guys think Holt will make double digit TD's? What will his stat line be?
tuffbuc
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Postby bigGAME101 » Sun Jul 18, 2004 12:59 am

i am thinking somewhere in the range of 9-11 TD's, and he will likely make 1400 yards...a very consistent no. 1 receiver IMO

North Ancaster Astros - Crusaders Treasure Chest represent
bigGAME101
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby IRON CHEF » Sun Jul 18, 2004 1:06 am

1500 yds, 13 tds

very nice numbers

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Postby 34=Sweetness » Sun Jul 18, 2004 8:12 am

1300 yds, 7 TDs. Thats right around what he averages around his career. Not bad, but not high to mid 2nd round IMO.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Mercer Boy » Sun Jul 18, 2004 9:48 am

There are so many offensive weapons on the Rams from Bulger to throw to...Bruce, Faulk (or whoever is the RB), Manumaleuna, Looker, and probably some random lineman will get some of the TD's Bulger will throw this year.

Since he did so good last year, he'll get get even more attention. I think a probable finish around where Sweetness says is a good bet.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Dub-Dub » Mon Jul 19, 2004 1:31 pm

I think these downgraded numbers seem pretty reasonable... Holt is one of the ones I feel has been overrated this year. I just don't see him duplicating his feats from last year. For a while there he was the oply option out there,... add to my uneasyness with Bulger, and Holt is a distant 3rd best WR in my book.
Dub-Dub
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby roninmedia » Mon Jul 19, 2004 1:52 pm

Dub-Dub wrote:I think these downgraded numbers seem pretty reasonable... Holt is one of the ones I feel has been overrated this year. I just don't see him duplicating his feats from last year. For a while there he was the oply option out there,... add to my uneasyness with Bulger, and Holt is a distant 3rd best WR in my book.

Third best. He may not produce the same numbers again but he has to be worth more than that. He is solid #2 and a decent #1 reciever. There aren't many #1 guys out there and he is one of those.
roninmedia
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby cooleyhigh » Mon Jul 19, 2004 2:05 pm

Dub-Dub wrote:I think these downgraded numbers seem pretty reasonable... Holt is one of the ones I feel has been overrated this year. I just don't see him duplicating his feats from last year. For a while there he was the oply option out there,... add to my uneasyness with Bulger, and Holt is a distant 3rd best WR in my book.

What new weapons have the rams added this year? Who played QB for them last year?

I feel Holt made the step up to a dominant WR last year and with Bruce in decline, Holt will continue to produce stud FF numbers. But if you mean by 3rd best he is behind Moss and Harrison I would agree with you.
cooleyhigh
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Free Bagel » Mon Jul 19, 2004 2:24 pm

roninmedia wrote:

Third best. He may not produce the same numbers again but he has to be worth more than that. He is solid #2 and a decent #1 reciever. There aren't many #1 guys out there and he is one of those.

I'm pretty sure he means 3rd best overall, not #3 on a team.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby KingGhidra » Mon Jul 19, 2004 2:26 pm

This is one of those "who knows?" type questions. On one hand, you can say his TDs were an anomaly last season. On the other hand, you can say the catches and yards were always there and he finally put the entire thing together to become a red zone threat (and earned the favoritism of a new QB).

Having the hall of famer Bruce on the other side helps the same way Cris Carter helped Randy Moss. Bruce will still eat some catches and TDs off Holt's plate, but Holt is probably the best receiver they have on that team right now. I feel safe predicting him for 10 TDs.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Next

Return to Football Talk