Round 3 Talent - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Round 3 Talent

Moderator: Football Moderators

Round 3 Talent

Postby Smizzy » Sun Jul 18, 2004 2:41 am

Ive been finding the sam player available in my mock drafts in the 3rd round..

RB's
T.Henry
C.Dillon
Rudi

WR
C.Johnson
H.Ward
DJax
Santana Moss
S.Smith
L.Coles
D.Mason

WHich of these players has more fantasy value?
Smizzy
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby dodgrcr » Sun Jul 18, 2004 2:48 am

well if u take two RB's first then definatly C. johnson or H. Ward would be the way to go. but if u take a RB first then a stud WR i would without a doubt go for either R. Johnson and do not forget about Julius Jones if hes still there.
dodgrcr Beginner
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Smizzy » Sun Jul 18, 2004 2:54 am

dodgrcr wrote:well if u take two RB's first then definatly C. johnson or H. Ward would be the way to go. but if u take a RB first then a stud WR i would without a doubt go for either R. Johnson and do not forget about Julius Jones if hes still there.

JJones is lasting till the 5-7th rounds..in a 10 team draft.
Smizzy
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby tuffbuc » Sun Jul 18, 2004 2:56 am

I would have to say Henry.
I know coaches have been gushing about how good Mcgahee looks, but when I seen clip about him on ESPN, Henry was running 10 times better then him. They were cutting around dummies and Henry just looked much better. Of course Bills management is going to try and talk this guy up, because they spent a first round pick on him, it's all about PR. They don't want to look like idiots for picking him in the first round when they had much bigger needs. Also if any of you recall a couple years ago when the Chiefs signed Johnny Morton to his huge contract, they also were gushing about how great he was looking in camp. We know how GREAT he has turned out to be. If you could get Henry's production in the 3rd round(1500 comb. yards and 11 TD's) you better take it! Just my thoughts, what do you guys think.
tuffbuc
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby tuffbuc » Sun Jul 18, 2004 3:05 am

And another thing, Remember when Edge was considered a tossup as the top pick with Faulk. Well all it took was a knee injury(that wasn't as bad as Mcgahee's) to knock him all the way down to a 3 yard average per carry. So tell me why this guy is going to take away Henry's job one year removed from MAJOR knee surgery. I don't think he will get more than 125 carries, which should leave about 260- 275 carries for Henry. I say he gets 1250 yards and 12-14 TD's this year, very deserving of a 3rd round pick.
tuffbuc
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby 34=Sweetness » Sun Jul 18, 2004 7:48 am

Henry and Dillon should go mid 2nd, in the third they are a steal. I think I would wait until the third to got rudi johnson, just because he is playing some very tough run Ds this year.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Return to Football Talk