Fred Taylor = ???? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

Fred Taylor = ????

Moderator: Football Moderators

Fred Taylor = ????

Postby Smizzy » Sun Jul 18, 2004 2:05 pm

Well I jsut drafted 2nd ina 10 team Yahoo league...

My 1st 3 picks were...

Holmes
Edge
F.Taylor.


So im going to trade taylor since i have Westbrook and Shipp and Backup.

What is fred taylors worth?

I mean i got him in round 3 of this draft...should i wait closer to camp time ,then trade him off when he has more value?
Smizzy
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar

Posts: 907
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Outside the WebHamster house with my ShotGun

Postby Shatner8 » Sun Jul 18, 2004 2:20 pm

If you got Fred Taylor in the 3rd round your league members obviously dont know jack about fantasy football. I would probably wait to trade him, since you probably wont get fair value for him right now. Wait for a little, then look to trade him for a WR like Harrison or Holt
Image
Thanks to Go Jays Go for the sweet sig
Shatner8
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 4615
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 16 Oct 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Go Buckeyes

Postby Smizzy » Sun Jul 18, 2004 2:33 pm

Shatner8 wrote:If you got Fred Taylor in the 3rd round your league members obviously dont know jack about fantasy football. I would probably wait to trade him, since you probably wont get fair value for him right now. Wait for a little, then look to trade him for a WR like Harrison or Holt


Manning was the 1st overall pick....LOL.

Anyway.....every other team (9) had 2 QB's by round 9...i took Leftwich and Bledsoe rounds 14 & 15
Smizzy
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar

Posts: 907
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Outside the WebHamster house with my ShotGun

Postby TheBigBakedBean » Sun Jul 18, 2004 2:38 pm

Soon someone will realize that they are in desperate need of a good running back - and Taylor is the perfect trade bait to have, IMO (as long as you can get rid of him before he gets hurt again).

I would only draft him to trade him later - he's about as durable as 1-ply toilet paper. But, RBs who get most of the carries in their offenses are (supposed to be) worth a lot in FF (your guys might be too stupid, though), and therefore you should be able to get a lot for him.

Just make sure you get rid of him before he tears an ACL or something.
TheBigBakedBean
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

User avatar

Posts: 537
Joined: 11 May 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Lexington, KY

Postby Smizzy » Sun Jul 18, 2004 2:51 pm

TheBigBakedBean wrote:Soon someone will realize that they are in desperate need of a good running back - and Taylor is the perfect trade bait to have, IMO (as long as you can get rid of him before he gets hurt again).

I would only draft him to trade him later - he's about as durable as 1-ply toilet paper. But, RBs who get most of the carries in their offenses are (supposed to be) worth a lot in FF (your guys might be too stupid, though), and therefore you should be able to get a lot for him.

Just make sure you get rid of him before he tears an ACL or something.


How many games did fragil fred play in ,in the last 2 season?

ZERO

ANyway...im thinking of trading Holmes for a ALexander+ player

pr A.green+ player
Smizzy
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar

Posts: 907
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Outside the WebHamster house with my ShotGun

Postby goleafsgo96 » Sun Jul 18, 2004 3:24 pm

Smizzy wrote:
TheBigBakedBean wrote:Soon someone will realize that they are in desperate need of a good running back - and Taylor is the perfect trade bait to have, IMO (as long as you can get rid of him before he gets hurt again).

I would only draft him to trade him later - he's about as durable as 1-ply toilet paper. But, RBs who get most of the carries in their offenses are (supposed to be) worth a lot in FF (your guys might be too stupid, though), and therefore you should be able to get a lot for him.

Just make sure you get rid of him before he tears an ACL or something.


How many games did fragil fred play in ,in the last 2 season?

ZERO

ANyway...im thinking of trading Holmes for a ALexander+ player

pr A.green+ player


You mean how may games did he MISS over the last 2 seasons rite?

ZERO.

Dont worry about the fragile fred label, there will be enough guys in your league who will know thats long gone. Wait till the start of the season, then trade him to sumone desperate.
Image
Chris Leak-QB-Florida Gators
goleafsgo96
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 2879
Joined: 23 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: bitter about missing the playoffs

Postby KingGhidra » Sun Jul 18, 2004 4:02 pm

Smizzy wrote:
Manning was the 1st overall pick....LOL.

Anyway.....every other team (9) had 2 QB's by round 9...i took Leftwich and Bledsoe rounds 14 & 15


Is there something about your league you aren't telling us? Like you start 2 QBs....
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 4303
Joined: 3 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby FootballDrummer6 » Sun Jul 18, 2004 4:04 pm

Yeah, anybody that still calls F. Taylor an injury-risk is very unaware of their Fantasy Football surroundings... beginners or bad experienced players.

As far as your league, judging by the draft - it doensn't really matter because the rest of your league is stupid. :-)
FootballDrummer6
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff


Posts: 174
Joined: 15 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Smizzy » Sun Jul 18, 2004 4:05 pm

KingGhidra wrote:
Smizzy wrote:
Manning was the 1st overall pick....LOL.

Anyway.....every other team (9) had 2 QB's by round 9...i took Leftwich and Bledsoe rounds 14 & 15


Is there something about your league you aren't telling us? Like you start 2 QBs....


Yea i forgot....Its full of morons!!...LOL...now it's a yahoo standard league....1 guy took a back up (T.Green/Manning) in the 6th and everybody followed like sheep.
Smizzy
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar

Posts: 907
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Outside the WebHamster house with my ShotGun

Postby Play Maker » Mon Jul 19, 2004 4:25 am

Its official Yahoo is the place, to find all beginners and sub par fantasy football players, in the 2 drafts i did, Ive gotten Travis Henry in the 4th round, and the other draft I took Perter Warrick in the 14th round, standard yahoo settings.
Play Maker
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

User avatar

Posts: 132
Joined: 10 May 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Texas

Next

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

cron
Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 15:32 hours
(and 35 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact