Aaron Brooks: Love Him or Hate Him? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Aaron Brooks: Love Him or Hate Him?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby TheBigBakedBean » Mon Jul 19, 2004 10:13 am

I'd put Brooks at the bottom of that list.

Of course, my thinking when it comes to certain dynasty drafts is completely different ;-D
TheBigBakedBean
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby deftdelivery » Mon Jul 19, 2004 10:33 am

ajgnydc722 wrote:Where would you put Brooks amoung QBs like Pennington, Green, Favre and McNair?

McNair
Green
Brooks
Pennington
Favre
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums

[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Postby inferno19 » Mon Jul 19, 2004 10:37 am

McNair
Brooks
Green
Favre
Pennington
1335 rushing yards, 53 receptions, 441 receiving yards. 18 TDs.
Money in the bank.
inferno19
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby 34=Sweetness » Mon Jul 19, 2004 10:54 am

You are nuts if you put Aaron "Butterfingers" Brooks over a guy who throws for 4000 yards and 24 Tds with only 12 INT (Trent Green) Id probably go like this
Green
McNair
Pennington
Brooks
Favre
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby TheHeat24 » Mon Jul 19, 2004 11:37 am

34=Sweetness wrote:You are nuts if you put Aaron "Butterfingers" Brooks over a guy who throws for 4000 yards and 24 Tds with only 12 INT (Trent Green)

Im telling you that a lot of owners will be dissapointed big time with Trent Green this year.... What did they do to improve their WR's? Morton is getting way past his prime and Kennison is still only a serviceable No2 at best... Their offensive line is falling apart (loss of tait) and a couple guys on that line are getting old, this line cant stay injury free forever... To be honest I dont know how he even got 24 tds with the lack of receiving talent around himm...

My last point which I really dont want to use but Ill throw it out there anyways is that if the defense is even a lil bit better the chefs wont need to pass as much to comefrom behind which means less oportunities for green.

Personally of that group that was mentioned above I would take Aaron Brooks then pennington and you fill in the rest....

The Winner of our league last year was an Aaron Brooks owner so he cant be that bad.... I chose him two of the last three years so in my opinion he is a good starter for a fantasy team.

Hook em Horns
TheHeat24
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby inferno19 » Mon Jul 19, 2004 11:42 am

Just found out the Saints have the 6th easiest sched against the pass this year.
1335 rushing yards, 53 receptions, 441 receiving yards. 18 TDs.
Money in the bank.
inferno19
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby lsufan » Mon Jul 19, 2004 7:19 pm

hate him. i am a big saints fan and have used him in the past. always got burned and end up using another QB. last year i droped him completly off the team i was so frustrated with him. went with kitna and never looked back.
lsufan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby buffalobillsrul2002 » Mon Jul 19, 2004 9:06 pm

If you play in an FP League, he will be okay, because everything over time will wash out. However, in a H2H league he KILLS you, because of his streakiness. H2H is based on being consistently good. I had Brooks/Horn last year and every week i either killed my opponent or got beat. I was near the top of the league in points, but only had a slightly above .500 record.
buffalobillsrul2002
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Azrael » Mon Jul 19, 2004 9:43 pm

buffalobillsrul2002 wrote:If you play in an FP League, he will be okay, because everything over time will wash out. However, in a H2H league he KILLS you, because of his streakiness. H2H is based on being consistently good. I had Brooks/Horn last year and every week i either killed my opponent or got beat. I was near the top of the league in points, but only had a slightly above .500 record.

By that analysis you shouldn't draft Manning either. Last year he threw over half his TD passes in 3 games, threw 0 TD's in 4, and just 1 TD in 5 other games, but he's probably no worse than the No. 3 QB taken. Brooks is a bottom rung starting QB but I personally don't like him and probably won't ever draft him.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby portisfan24 » Tue Jul 20, 2004 2:13 am

ya i had brooks throwing to horn as well. i noticed that of my 3 losses that year, brooks and horn combined for 18 points in those 3 games. if he could be more constitent i think he could be a top 5 qb.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk