Aaron Brooks: Love Him or Hate Him? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Aaron Brooks: Love Him or Hate Him?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby cooleyhigh » Tue Jul 20, 2004 3:01 am

Azrael wrote:
buffalobillsrul2002 wrote:If you play in an FP League, he will be okay, because everything over time will wash out. However, in a H2H league he KILLS you, because of his streakiness. H2H is based on being consistently good. I had Brooks/Horn last year and every week i either killed my opponent or got beat. I was near the top of the league in points, but only had a slightly above .500 record.

By that analysis you shouldn't draft Manning either. Last year he threw over half his TD passes in 3 games, threw 0 TD's in 4, and just 1 TD in 5 other games, but he's probably no worse than the No. 3 QB taken. Brooks is a bottom rung starting QB but I personally don't like him and probably won't ever draft him.

I traded Manning for that very reason. I was so sick of debating McNair / Manning and kicking myself for not picking the right one I shipped him off for Marvin and still had to rely on his junk :-? .
cooleyhigh
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Stingy D » Tue Jul 20, 2004 4:57 am

Hazlett is a moron. If you need proof, look at the Saints' first round draft pick this year.

--SD
"When I am on the plane, ideas just come to my mind. It could be the altitude, it could be the idleness, but most likely it is caused by free alcohol." --Alexander Baburin, Chess Grandmaster
Stingy D
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby mnheadliner » Tue Jul 20, 2004 11:09 am

Love him...but I seem to be the exception to the rule.

I gave him and all other QB's my projections on how the'y do this season and then inserted that into a formula that was created from my league scoring rules for QB's and out came a number.

Here are my top 5 QB's from that process with the value that was spitted out from the formula (I have another thread about my Top 13 QB's that goes over my formula if you are so interested):

1. McNabb: 176 pts
2. Culpepper: 158 pts
3. Brooks: 139 pts
4. P. Manning: 134 pts
5. Hasselbeck: 134 pts

Brooks has performed well in the past with out a real strong No. 2 WR, but now it's Stallworth's time to step up (third year WR) and that should help with the consistency aspect. Looking at the reaction to my rankingings in the other thread I have heard what I was hoping that people are seriously undervaluing McNabb for this season and just aren't considering Brooks all that much. I hope the same goes for my league.
mnheadliner
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby jeru » Tue Jul 20, 2004 11:26 am

Fantasy wise, he has consistently been a top 6-8 QB every year since he has been a starter. With the weapons that he has in NO, you have to think that that offense could absolutely explode at any time, so I see Brooks as having enormous upside. Really, there is very little downside, because he has never missed a game, and the worst case scenario is probably last year's numbers, in which he finished 5th in my scoring format.

Basically, once Culpepper, Manning, Vick, Hasselbeck, and McNabb are off the board, Brooks is probably the best bet. I understand the inconsistency issue, but I had Peyton Manning last year and his week to week inconsistency drove me nuts too. He'd throw for 5 TDs one week, and 0 the next. League championship week, he threw for like 150 yards and 0 TDs against DEN, almost costing me the title.

I took Brooks in the late 5th round in my most recent dynasty draft, after all 20 of my top RBs and all 20 of my top WRs were off the board. I then managed to get Trent Green in the 9th round as a backup.
jeru
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Vlad the Impaler_ffc » Tue Jul 20, 2004 11:46 am

I hate this guy, probably because I am a football fan first, and only secondly a fantasy football fan. As far as real football, this guy is way too inconsistent. He makes stupid decisions that kill drives. I know at the end of the day his fantasy production is probably superior than, say, Tom Brady, but he is nowhere near the player. I know this is the wrong way to look at it, but I would feel like a hypocrtie if I drafted this bum on my fantasy team, even though he will put up above-average fantasy numbers.
Vlad the Impaler_ffc
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby deftdelivery » Tue Jul 20, 2004 1:12 pm

TheHeat24 wrote:Their offensive line is falling apart (loss of tait) and a couple guys on that line are getting old, this line cant stay injury free forever...

The loss of Tait is the least biggest impact the team could have had on that o-line...he's regarded as the 5th best lineman last season, maybe 4th. Sure, guys are getting old...big deal, we're not talking about RB's. And on the subject of RB's...why do you think Priest Holmes is #1/#2 ovl pick? His O-line is AMAZING.

While no real upgrade at WR won't help Green's #'s, the fact that he put up great #'s last year in a similar situation proves that he will be solid this year.
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums

[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to Football Talk