McAllister--Alexander--Williams - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

McAllister--Alexander--Williams

Moderator: Football Moderators

McAllister--Alexander--Williams

Postby ajgnydc722 » Mon Jul 19, 2004 8:38 am

Suppose you have 5th pick and LT, Priest, Portis and Ahman are gone. What would be your selection out of Deuce, Shaun and Ricky? Please rank these 3 and if possible, say a little about what you would project for them this year (non-keeper).
New York Yankees: 2005 Offseason
Dallas Cowboys: 5-8
PrimeTime(baseball): FB Champion
PrimeTime (football): 10-4
ajgnydc722
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby KingNothing31685 » Mon Jul 19, 2004 8:44 am

deuce- very consistant poised for a big year in the saints offense, which finally will play to their expectations.

SA - very consistant gets all goalline carries.

Ricky- poised for a big comeback year
fantasy football is alot like sex. Everyone thinks they are the best, but most people really don't know what they are doing.
KingNothing31685
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby deftdelivery » Mon Jul 19, 2004 10:18 am

KingNothing31685 wrote:deuce- very consistant poised for a big year in the saints offense, which finally will play to their expectations.

exactly, and I believe 99% of the Cafe here has the same sentiment.
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums

[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Postby TheHeat24 » Mon Jul 19, 2004 12:08 pm

deftdelivery wrote:
KingNothing31685 wrote:deuce- very consistant poised for a big year in the saints offense, which finally will play to their expectations.

exactly, and I believe 99% of the Cafe here has the same sentiment.

Well Ill be in the 1% along with Cheesehead I think who would take Ricky over Shaun Alexander

My reason is that you know hes gonna get the carries... and with a better oline (it cant get worse) and Boston added to the receiving game It means more holes should be opend up for him... Last year hes was dropped behind the line on 35% of his carries which is a lot.

I own both Alexander and Ricky so this is an opinion based on waht I see.

Hook em Horns
TheHeat24
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Flux » Mon Jul 19, 2004 3:14 pm

TheHeat24 wrote:
Well Ill be in the 1% along with Cheesehead I think who would take Ricky over Shaun Alexander

My reason is that you know hes gonna get the carries... and with a better oline (it cant get worse) and Boston added to the receiving game It means more holes should be opend up for him... Last year hes was dropped behind the line on 35% of his carries which is a lot.

dont forget about me! :-b

I think Ricky should have a very good year this year, for the reasons Heat mentioned above. Their O-line really is going to be better this year, as it couldnt have been any worse than it was last year. McKinney and Wade Smith both have an extra year under their belts, they got Jeno James from CAR in FA, and they drafted Vernon Carey who is a beast in the 1st rd. This wont be the same crappy line from last year.

And teams really wont be able to stack the box w/ Boston, Chambers, and McMichael. If Feely and his deep ball can find a way to win the starting job, that creates an aspect of the offense that MIA hasnt had for awhile. D's wont be able to have everyone focused on Ricky like they did last year, and if the safeties come up, they will just get burned on the pass.
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby jumpman8828 » Mon Jul 19, 2004 3:21 pm

Flux wrote:
TheHeat24 wrote:

dont forget about me! :-b

I think Ricky should have a very good year this year, for the reasons Heat mentioned above. Their O-line really is going to be better this year, as it couldnt have been any worse than it was last year. McKinney and Wade Smith both have an extra year under their belts, they got Jeno James from CAR in FA, and they drafted Vernon Carey who is a beast in the 1st rd. This wont be the same crappy line from last year.

And teams really wont be able to stack the box w/ Boston, Chambers, and McMichael. If Feely and his deep ball can find a way to win the starting job, that creates an aspect of the offense that MIA hasnt had for awhile. D's wont be able to have everyone focused on Ricky like they did last year, and if the safeties come up, they will just get burned on the pass.

I also agree with this, but it's pretty moot for this since I'd pick Deuce over either of them.
jumpman8828
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby KingGhidra » Mon Jul 19, 2004 3:33 pm

Ricky won't have a comeback year. He will have a repeat of 2003. Anything you say about the San Diego o-line is just as true for the Miami o-line. I don't think they've made any improvements. I'll defer to the Miami experts here on that one.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby bagobonez » Mon Jul 19, 2004 8:43 pm

Alexander over both for one reason. Consistency. Ricky had 9 TD's, Deuce had 8. Alexander had 16. That's the difference.
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Clevelander » Mon Jul 19, 2004 9:12 pm

i look further ahead and would have to say that if your playoffs are in weeks 15 and 16, alexander is the strong pick here...

granted hes as consistant as the others i just got this thing of drafting a great team and making sure those playoff weeks i have the studs with the best match up by either drafting them or making a trade thru the season. i think most owners dont look into the playoff weeks carefully enough til its close to them. this case again alexander isnt far off to ricky, deuce is a step better IMO but you arent wrong in taking alexander.
Clevelander
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TheHeat24 » Tue Jul 20, 2004 12:13 pm

KingGhidra wrote:Ricky won't have a comeback year. He will have a repeat of 2003. Anything you say about the San Diego o-line is just as true for the Miami o-line. I don't think they've made any improvements. I'll defer to the Miami experts here on that one.

Except Miami took Damian McIntosh form San Diego who is a great Run Blocker( not that he will play this year)... Kelvin Garmon also went to the... Browns? who is also a good run blocker.... As much as people say the SD oline is garb it really wasnt that bad last year... with those two guys as well as Jason ball who is very good center that is one pretty good run blocking oline...

And as for anything you say about sand diegos oline holds true for the fins.... It doesnt work vice versa....

Miami took an Olineman in the first round- San Diego didnt

Miami brought in Jeno james - San Diego didnt bring in any lineman of note

Miami doesnt have their best olineman holding out- Jason ball is...

Hook em Horns
TheHeat24
Head Coach
Head Coach

Next

Return to Football Talk