Rank these Running Backs... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Rank these Running Backs...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby lonefort » Mon Jul 19, 2004 3:12 pm

Shatner8 wrote:Wow, having Henry that low is just terrible. McGahee will not hurt his production this year
My List

Henry
DD
Dillon
Barlow
Rudi
S.Davis
Exactly. Henry is a STUD and I except a very big year from him. ;-D
live to love

and love to live
lonefort
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Flux » Mon Jul 19, 2004 3:19 pm

Dillon
DD
Henry
Barlow
Rudi
S. Davis
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby 34=Sweetness » Mon Jul 19, 2004 3:25 pm

Henry -ran well on a broken leg, and I dont think McGahee will be a factor, it took Edge a full 2 years to fully recover from knee surgery, and McGahee's was more serious.
Dillon- Proven performer on a great team that would like to run the ball, but never had the back to do it. Can catch balls out of the backfield also.
DD- Houston is getting better and he showed his potential last year.
Rudi Johnson- decent team, but a killer schedule. Id rather not have him, because of possible sophmore slump.
Barlow- Hes not as talented as LT or Jamal Lewis, so dont use that argument. I think hes going to be in trouble in SF, because their offense blows.
S Davis- Either hes going to get hurt from overusage or him and Foster will split carries with him. Either way lose/lose situation.
I usually like the guys who have performed and started before.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Re: lsit

Postby KingGhidra » Mon Jul 19, 2004 3:28 pm

bagobonez wrote:Kevan Barlow - Don't believe the hype. If bad offenses meant a running back couldn't excel, then Jamal Lewis wouldn't have led the league in rushing, and Ladainian Tomlinson, Stephen Davis and Travis Henry would have sucked. If you have talent, it's going to show up on the stat sheet.

Barlow doesn't have the line Lewis does. Davis did have a good offense. Barlow isn't the RB Tomlinson is and Henry was inconsistent.

Travis Henry - The downside to drafting Henry is that you MUST draft McGahee as insurance, and it's tough to tell when you should take McGahee before other owners in your league decide to screw you over. It's a gamble.

No you musn't (is that a word??). Why draft an unproven handcuff? Why not just draft a good 3RB with upside who can fill in if your starter goes down. We have no idea what McGahee will do once he gets on a field.

Stephen Davis - In the same boat as Travis Henry, plus Davis is on the wrong side of 30 and hasn't shown he's been the most durable guy. But if you can get Deshaun Foster too, whoever is the starter in Carolina's going to put up good numbers in that run-first offense.

Now Foster is actually a viable handcuff since he's actually played.

Domanick Davis - Has great potential, but needs to prove he wasn't a one year wonder. Is so small, it's tough to see him toting the rock 300 times in the season, and now that backup Tony Hollings is fully healthy, it's easy to see Davis getting spelled quite often.

Domanick Davis: 5-9, 216
Barry Sanders: 5-8, 203
Emmitt Smith: 5-10, 209
Marshall Faulk: 5-10, 211
Priest Holmes: 5-9, 213
LaDainian Tomlinson: 5-10, 221
Tiki Barber: 5-10, 200

He compares favorably to all of them size wise. Tony Hollings played his college ball in the ACC. If half your games are against Wake Forest, Duke, Maryland etc, piling on rushing yards means nothing.

Rudi Johnson - I like Rudi alot. Unfortunately I don't like his schedule. Rudi faces the toughest defensive schedule in the league this year, by a land slide. I think only once in the first 9 weeks of the season does he play a weak defense (cleveland).

I don't think his schedule is as tough as most people are saying. In fact, the average team sucks at tackling and defense in general, so just about everyone has an equal schedule if you ask me.

Cinci Schedule
week 1: Jets (bad D)
week 2: Miami at home (Miami D sucks on the road)
week 3: Baltimore (good D)
week 4: Pittsburgh (bad D... good in "name" only)
week 6: Cleveland (bad D)
week 7: Denver (bad D... good in "name" only)
week 8: Tennessee (great D. 1st or 2nd best, but they lost some good players)
week 9: Dallas (average D... undersized line and backers)
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby jumpman8828 » Mon Jul 19, 2004 3:39 pm

KingGhidra wrote:Domanick Davis: 5-9, 216
Barry Sanders: 5-8, 203
Emmitt Smith: 5-10, 209
Marshall Faulk: 5-10, 211
Priest Holmes: 5-9, 213
LaDainian Tomlinson: 5-10, 221
Tiki Barber: 5-10, 200

Lol, any names there seem like they just don't belong? :-D
jumpman8828
Head Coach
Head Coach

Re: Rank these Running Backs...

Postby kid a » Mon Jul 19, 2004 6:14 pm

ajgnydc722 wrote:Stephen Davis
Travis Henry
Corey Dillon
Kevan Barlow
Domanick Davis
Rudi Johnson

Corey Dillon -- This is a monster season just waiting to happen. I know the Patriots like to spread the production around, but Dillon is a workhorse who could have insane numbers this season.

Dominick Davis -- 2 words. Todd Wade. The Texans added one of the best run-blockers in the game, and Capers and Palmer are talking about how anxious they are to pound the ball this year. They're no longer an expansion team and I see know reason they'll typically fall behind early, Davis should be very consitant.

Rudi Johnson -- I'm not completly sold and wish he was a better receiver, but he looked damn good last year. The offense looks solid and he's in a contract year so I wouldn't hesitate to gamble with Rudi in the 2nd round.

Stephen Davis -- He's a talented back in an excellent system, but his injuries and DeShaun Foster scare me. They scare me enough that while I wouldn't mind him as my #2, I'm sure he'll be off the board before I'd even consider grabbing him.

Travis Henry -- I don't think McGahee will take away *that* much production from him, I'm more worried about the team in general. I don't think they're going to be very good and that they will struggle to get in the red zone. If McGahee proceeds to take anything away from a back who isn't getting many red zone opportunities, he could be a bust. Some injury history here as well.

Kevan Barlow -- Talent wise, the best back on this list. Unfortunately, the OLine sucks, the passing game is even worse, and they could be down big early all 16 games. He'll have some good weeks but I'll avoid him and his hamstring all together and look elsewhere.
kid a
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby sandboxrebel » Tue Jul 20, 2004 2:28 am

1.barlow
2.d.davis
3.dillon
4.rudi
5.henry
6.s.davis
sandboxrebel