Keeping Track of Cheat Sheets - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Keeping Track of Cheat Sheets

Moderator: Football Moderators

Keeping Track of Cheat Sheets

Postby IRON CHEF » Mon Jul 19, 2004 3:54 pm

Where do you guys keep your cheat sheets? Do you use a particular website, write them down, use a word document, or anything else?

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby FeArMeNtL » Mon Jul 19, 2004 4:07 pm

http://www.FFtoolbox.com all you do is keep a username and you can download them cheatsheets whenever you want to. ;-D
[img]http://mywebpage.netscape.com/mercerboy3/fearmesig.jpg [img]
The tandem of Chad Johnson and Rudi Johnson, plus a new defense,Marvin Lewis,Palmer=Dynasty
FeArMeNtL
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby FeArMeNtL » Mon Jul 19, 2004 4:07 pm

If not that then I use Excel to keep all my cheatsheets ;-D
[img]http://mywebpage.netscape.com/mercerboy3/fearmesig.jpg [img]
The tandem of Chad Johnson and Rudi Johnson, plus a new defense,Marvin Lewis,Palmer=Dynasty
FeArMeNtL
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby houstonherdfan » Mon Jul 19, 2004 5:38 pm

I use an excel spreadsheet. I put each one of them in a different worksheet with a label on where I got them from.

That way I can move back and forth betwween them. I also put my final projections of the top 200 or so in a worksheet in the same file. I then use the fill button to color people in as they are picked. Makes it easier to track.

;-D
I have never made the mistake of trying to pick someone already picked since I started doing this 4 years ago. :-t
You could think of government workers like teenagers. You pay them an allowance, but do you get any work out them? They eat the food, put their feet on the furniture and complain loudly whenever they are unhappy.
houstonherdfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 5)

Postby BGbootha » Mon Jul 19, 2004 6:00 pm

houstonherdfan wrote:I use an excel spreadsheet. I put each one of them in a different worksheet with a label on where I got them from.

That way I can move back and forth betwween them. I also put my final projections of the top 200 or so in a worksheet in the same file. I then use the fill button to color people in as they are picked. Makes it easier to track.

;-D
I have never made the mistake of trying to pick someone already picked since I started doing this 4 years ago. :-t

Ditto, I like the fill option of Excel, last year i even got to the point where i could fill picked players RED, and then a few players that i wanted to watch later in the draft, (personal sleepers i guess you could say) in a different color, and then players that i wanted to avoid in a different color.

worked great for me and plan on doing it again this year. Also i have found a nice program that allows me to do almost the same thing on my palm, for a live draft situation. I only have one. and don't have a laptop anymore.
BGbootha
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Teaching is the Greatest Job in the World!!! (during the Summer)

Postby Amazinz » Mon Jul 19, 2004 6:30 pm

FeArMeNtL wrote:If not that then I use Excel to keep all my cheatsheets ;-D

Yep Excel is a must have for all fantasy nuts. ;-D
Amazinz
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby sandboxrebel » Tue Jul 20, 2004 2:09 am

i have a notebook where i keep mine.i do a different positoon for each page.IDP's,RB's and WR's fron and back,TE's and K's share a page,1 column each.i ran the players in the iven position,then if i wan to adjust them i put a player's new rank in paretheses.when i have a lot of changes made to a given position,i rip the page out,make a new page for that position with the changes made.so i always have my most updated rankings for each position in the notebook.then,when i have a real draft or mock draft,i put the rankings for all of the positions on a regular sized blank white sheet of paper,landscaped,not portrait.with the extra space on the back,i list my team's roster.as playrs are drafted,i put a dash next to their name and also spearate players into tiers by putting a line under the last player in a tier's name.works very good for me. ;-D
sandboxrebel
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby IRON CHEF » Wed Jul 21, 2004 8:38 pm

Okay I appreciate everyone's advice and have begun working on excel but I have never used it before and if anyone can give me info on how they arrange it, it would be greatly appreciated.

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Postby BGbootha » Wed Jul 21, 2004 8:44 pm

personally i like to compile a list somewhere round 50-60 players overall on my front sheet.

Then i add little tabs on the bottom. or extra sheets showing the different positions. So i can easily click each position and see who is next in line.

If you have an email address i could send you a copy of what i start out with.

I usually use this as a starting point and then move the players around accordingly.
BGbootha
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Teaching is the Greatest Job in the World!!! (during the Summer)

Postby Tyr » Wed Jul 21, 2004 9:27 pm

I use an access database with linked tables for the different positions based on my fantasy point projections. I have seperate tables from each position, and a query that dumps all of them together for a massive dump of all of the current players. I have a few copies for each of the leagues I'm playing in, which I update after every pick. :)

Geeky, but it's hyper effective, and the database only took me about fifteen minutes to create. It also lets me dump lovely excel sheets with any data I want anytime I want. ;)
Tyr
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Next

Return to Football Talk