Kerry Collins and John Kitna - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Kerry Collins and John Kitna

Moderator: Football Moderators

Kerry Collins and John Kitna

Postby mbaugh » Mon Jul 19, 2004 3:55 pm

Hey guys I am new to fantasy football, I have always played baseball and thought I would give it a try. Anyways

My league was an auto draft and I got stuck with Kitna and Collins to choose from as my 2nd QB, I really do not want to trade for another starting QB. So i was wondering if either of these players have a chance to start this year. Any info would be great!

Thanks
mbaugh
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Postby TheBigBakedBean » Mon Jul 19, 2004 4:00 pm

Both have a chance - but I like Collins' chances of starting better. Oakland will eventually realize that Gannon is basically ancient, and that they'll need a QB with good arm strength to stretch the field just to keep them in it (because we know they won't do anything with the ground game!). Also - don't forget that Palmer was brought in to lead the Bengals in the future...so Kitna, as always, will only provide temporary relief.

I'd still get rid of both of them...there has to be a QB that is actually going to start week one available off the WW.
TheBigBakedBean
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby FeArMeNtL » Mon Jul 19, 2004 4:02 pm

Baked I will have to disagree with you there. Kitna will get the better shot of being the starting QB. Marvin Lewis said himself he won't let 1 person lose them games meaning Palmer. If he loses a few games at the start of the season, guess whos back? Yup you guessed it, the sleeper Kitna from last year and can I smell CJ big #'s oh yes ;-D
[img]http://mywebpage.netscape.com/mercerboy3/fearmesig.jpg [img]
The tandem of Chad Johnson and Rudi Johnson, plus a new defense,Marvin Lewis,Palmer=Dynasty
FeArMeNtL
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby mbaugh » Mon Jul 19, 2004 4:02 pm

Really all that are left that will have as good or better chances for a week 1 start are,

B. Roethlisberger
D. Brees
J. Fiedler

unless anyone can think of any sleepers that are #2 on the depth.

thanks
mbaugh
Monday Morning Quarterback

Postby TheBigBakedBean » Mon Jul 19, 2004 4:27 pm

FeArMeNtL wrote:Baked I will have to disagree with you there. Kitna will get the better shot of being the starting QB. Marvin Lewis said himself he won't let 1 person lose them games meaning Palmer. If he loses a few games at the start of the season, guess whos back? Yup you guessed it, the sleeper Kitna from last year and can I smell CJ big #'s oh yes ;-D

I still think they wouldn't have handed over the reigns to Palmer - especially with how well Kitna played last year - if he wasn't ready. We'll see if an entire season on the bench helped him out. From a raw talent perspective, Palmer will be a great QB someday, as long as his coaches don't give up on him just because of a few rookie mistakes. I think Lewis has to understand that by yanking him out of the games early, he will crush Palmer's self esteem and that will vender that former number-one pick completely useless, like most of the Bengals' other top picks.
TheBigBakedBean
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Return to Football Talk