Questions of D. McAllister - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Questions of D. McAllister

Moderator: Football Moderators

Questions of D. McAllister

Postby FootballDrummer6 » Mon Jul 19, 2004 4:34 pm

I can't figure McAllister out... He had that stretch of 9 games over 100 yards rushing, but he only scored TD is 4 of those games. When he didn't get the TDs, his scores were low 10s. When he did, he was crazy (35 and 34 in week 11,12). Then, in the last four games, he kinda falls apart - no TDs, and rushing of 69,80,50,49. Was he injured or something at the end there? And do you think he will score more TD's this year?
FootballDrummer6
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Vlad the Impaler_ffc » Mon Jul 19, 2004 5:21 pm

Deuce was hurt the last few games of last season with a partially torn knee ligament. Doesn't sound too good, but the guy is tough. Reports out of New Orleans have Deuce looking good, and quicker than ever. Hopefully the knee injury is a thing of the past.

I really can't understand why Deuce was not getting in the endzone last year. The Saints have a pretty decent offense, and there is no one hawking goalline carries from him. One theory is that the Saints give up on the run too easily in the red zone, where the yards are tougher to come by. Coaches like Bill Parcells swear up and down that you have to run the ball in the red zone to be effective, even if you are not making big gains. Maybe the Saints need to learn that too. My money says that Deuce's lack of TDs was more a fluke than anything, and he will find his way to paydirt 12+ times this year, to go along with 1800-2000 total yards.

If it is possible for an already stud RB to "break out", this could be the guy. He has youth (25), size (admitted he played at 240 last year), speed (clocked as high as 4.4), and plays for a high powered offense. If you have the 5 or 6 pick in your draft, don't feel bad at all about landing this guy.
Vlad the Impaler_ffc
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Bennett4prez » Mon Jul 19, 2004 5:22 pm

Deuce McAllister will range in draft (most, knowledgable drafts) between pick 1.03 and 1.06. Personally, I like him at #4 behind Priest, LT, and Ahman (in that order). Deuce is a stud. To pass on him would be moronic. Even LT had a stretch of bad games at the beginning of last year. I wouldn't worry about it too much.
[url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106] Check Us Out! A New Debate Daily![/url]

TICE FIRED!
Bennett4prez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberWeb SupporterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby FootballDrummer6 » Mon Jul 19, 2004 6:14 pm

I think I agree, but just to note: The thing about the bad games is that I look at the second half of the season more than the first because that's the closest to next season. So Tomlinson started bad but finished well, so its logical to expect that it will continue. But let's say a player starts really well, but then in the 2nd half of the season, he falls aparts. It's logical to think that will continue (unless it was something else [injury, etc.])
FootballDrummer6
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby KingGhidra » Mon Jul 19, 2004 6:20 pm

Yay!!

ANOTHER Deuce McAllister thread when there's already an active one about him going...

:-t :-t :-t :-t :-t :-t
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Return to Football Talk