D Jax vs Moulds - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

D Jax vs Moulds

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby cooleyhigh » Tue Jul 20, 2004 1:37 am

I would take Moulds. Two #2's in Seattle that drop the ball do not equal a #1. I think Moulds will slip due to his injury and be the better value.
cooleyhigh
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Kensat30 » Tue Jul 20, 2004 2:02 am

Even in his best year, Darrell Jackson leaves a lot to be desired. I owned Jackson on one of my teams last year and this year I've bumped him down on my cheatsheet several spots simply because I don't like him.

I've seen a quite a few Seahawk's games over the past few years and I can't tell you anyone who pisses me off on Sunday more than Jackson. His hands are some of the worst I've ever seen. The reason the guy is not a star in this league is because he cannot catch the ball consistently. He was targeted so many times last season he could have broken 100 catches. IMO the real bottleneck to the Seahawk's playoff chances hinge on their inconsistent WRs.

Moulds is coming off an injury that sent his top5 WR stock plummeting in the basement. How much of his declined production was due to injury, "odd-year" phenomenom, or the loss of Peerliss Price are all interesting questions. I would rather gamble on Mould's regaining the form he once had than repeat the agony of a season-long pass dropping session from Jackson.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby Franchise Fan » Thu Jul 22, 2004 11:29 am

bump

I seriously think this is a big topic. Most people have these two next to eachother on cheatsheets, but always mixed up, im trying to find a definitive argument at why moulds will bounce back or why jackson just doesnt cut it. And where do you rank these guys? Are these two below coles/mason but above smith/santana or what? more opinions!!! :-P
Franchise Fan
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

CafeholicGraphics ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Dub-Dub » Thu Jul 22, 2004 11:43 am

Not totally a "gut" feeling, but I just don't see a highly talented player like Moulds producing back to back terrible years... simply law of averages, returning to the norm. He was hurt last year he simply didn't just play poorly.

I put him behind Coles, but above Mason... I have some reservations about DJax, and would not want him as my 1.
Dub-Dub
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby PSU All Day » Thu Jul 22, 2004 12:13 pm

I have JAckson above Moulds based on Seattle's Offense being > than Buffalos. I have serious reservations about Bledsoe and am not scared by Koren in Seattle as he has yet to prove he can be consistent.

That said, I will not be thrilled with either on my team but will take them if I feel they slip a little.
PSU All Day
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Franchise Fan » Thu Jul 22, 2004 12:31 pm

I have ward, jackson, and moulds as my starting recievers, on my bench is the likes of stallworth, price, mccardell, and david boston. I think i have the sickest WR team in the league, its a 10 team league too.
Franchise Fan
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

CafeholicGraphics ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby moose_ffc » Thu Jul 22, 2004 1:29 pm

I vote for Moulds!! ;-D
"Well, um, actually a pretty nice little Saturday, we're going to go to Home Depot. Yeah, buy some wallpaper, maybe get some flooring, stuff like that. Maybe Bed, Bath, & Beyond, I don't know, I don't know if we'll have enough time."
moose_ffc
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 3)

Postby terpfan » Thu Jul 22, 2004 2:45 pm

I'll throw my vote in for Moulds.

Jackson's lack of catches worry me and the possibility of Robinson getting more looks or Hasselbeck falling off a bit don't make me feel any better about that.

Moulds seems to post huge numbers every other year. Last year he was hampered by that injury and never really could get into his rythym. I expect him to be back this year and to be hooking up with Bledsoe much more often. Bledsoe may be declining but just two years ago the two of them put up great numbers so I dont see why they cant do it again. Lee Evans could take some of the coverage off Moulds if Josh Reed can't step it up.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Free Bagel » Thu Jul 22, 2004 3:02 pm

Franchise Fan wrote:I have ward, jackson, and moulds as my starting recievers, on my bench is the likes of stallworth, price, mccardell, and david boston. I think i have the sickest WR team in the league, its a 10 team league too.

Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby MeShawn » Thu Jul 22, 2004 3:05 pm

I have D-Jax and Moulds back-to-back in my rankings, but both out side of my top 10. D-Jax is 1 step higher.
Sig courtesy of madaslives911.
MeShawn
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk