Vikings.......SUPERBOWL CHAMPS?? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Vikings.......SUPERBOWL CHAMPS??

Moderator: Football Moderators

Vikings.......SUPERBOWL CHAMPS??

Postby Str8 Pimpin-Vikings » Mon Jul 19, 2004 6:36 pm

-- Vikings a Favorite to Win It All --

FFMastermind.com senior fantasy writer and Vikings Update correspondent John Holler reports according to the gaming website vegas.com, the Vikings are a 6:1 favorite to win the Super Bowl. That’s third behind the Patriots (4:1) and Philadelphia (7:2). The other top contenders include Green Bay and Indianapolis – both at 7:1 – and Kansas City at 8:1. Whether this translates into on-field success, the Vikings are making believers and, if the Vegas odds mean anything, it should come down to the Vikings and Eagles for who goes to the Super Bowl to represent the NFC.
Vikings ALL THE WAY!!!
Pepper..MoSs...Bennett

Str8 Pimpin-Vikings
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Turnip » Mon Jul 19, 2004 6:39 pm

The Vegas odds do mean something. Unfortunately (for Vikings fans), the odds are based soley on what the oddsmakers think the gamblers expect out of the season.
Turnip
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Canadian Seahawk » Mon Jul 19, 2004 6:46 pm

SO WHAT.......my friend at work picked up a mag where 15 of the "TOP" writers picked the superbowl final,,,,,,,some were logical INCLUDING a couple of viking picks in there but the most bizarre was some fella who picked the Seahawks 28 over the Jags 24.............OUCH!!!
Canadian Seahawk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 Survivor
Location: Toronto, Centre of the Universe.,,I'd love some M&Ms please homeless

Postby maddog60 » Tue Jul 20, 2004 12:01 am

On paper, the 3 best NFC teams are the Eagles, Vikings, and Seahawks.

For the Seahawks to contend for the Superbowl, they need to play better defense, and play better away from home.
For the Vikings to contend, they're defense needs to play as well on the field as it does in theory.
For the Eagles to finally get over the hump, they need to not go into the playoffs lacking they're best defensive and offensive player.

I think any one of these teams is a logical choice for Superbowl representing the NFC. Any other team from the NFC is a darkhorse or a real long shot.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby portisfan24 » Tue Jul 20, 2004 1:55 am

a team not mentioned from the nfc is dallas. that D is awesome and maybe keyshawn can pull his career together. or maybe all three potential qbs for dallas will completely suck...who knows
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby cooleyhigh » Tue Jul 20, 2004 2:21 am

vikings.... baahhh!!!! Before Tice figured out he could keep a pencil behind his ear he shoved them up his nose causing irreparable brain damage. This is the year of the "Culpepper Quotient" as Tice once again gets scientifical on 'dat ass
cooleyhigh
Head Coach
Head Coach

No way...

Postby Scurvy » Tue Jul 20, 2004 2:24 am

I cant see that defense of the vikings carrying them to the NFC crown, even though they did get a huge upgrade at CB with Antione Winfield...If I had to pick, I would put my money on Dallas or Philly, maybe Seattle, who did pick up Grant Wistrom this offseason.
Scurvy
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby portisfan24 » Tue Jul 20, 2004 2:24 am

haha the culpepper quotient thats great
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Franchise Fan » Tue Jul 20, 2004 9:31 am

portis fan is right, you guys gotta believe parcells is gonna win the bowl before his contract is up. And this could be the year. I mean, the boys have just as good a shot as the vikings. (remember that stat, 32nd ranked SoS)
Franchise Fan
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

CafeholicGraphics ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby CC » Tue Jul 20, 2004 10:59 am

Get your hopes up Vikes fans, just further to fall.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk