Vikings.......SUPERBOWL CHAMPS?? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Vikings.......SUPERBOWL CHAMPS??

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby maddog60 » Tue Jul 20, 2004 11:07 am

portisfan24 wrote:a team not mentioned from the nfc is dallas. that D is awesome and maybe keyshawn can pull his career together. or maybe all three potential qbs for dallas will completely suck...who knows

Parcells will make them a contender, but they just don't have as much talent on both sides of the ball to justify a superbowl prediction yet. Especially considering that they could feasibly do very well and still finish 3rd in the division. Their defense is solid, but their offense has way too many question marks. Julius Jones need to become a star right away, one of those QBs has to start and throw more TDs than INTs, and Terry Glenn & Keshawn need to step up their play like they're in their prime. That's asking for a lot and I think it will take at least until next year for Dallas to put all the pieces together.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Rodge » Tue Jul 20, 2004 11:15 am

I agree with maddog60. Dallas just does not have enough on offense. Quincy Carter is only a decent QB, they have a rookie starting at running back, and their wide receivers are underachievers and past their prime.
One team that has not been mentioned is the Carolina Panthers. They have a strong defense and their offense is underrated. They resigned Steve Smith in the offseason and they are set at RB with S. Davis and D. Foster.
Rodge
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Bennett4prez » Tue Jul 20, 2004 11:24 am

Franchise Fan wrote:remember that stat, 32nd ranked SoS

Strength of Schedule will get you to the playoffs. Then, you have to start beating the real teams. No way can the Dallas offense put up numbers to match Seattle, Minnesota, and Philadelphia in consecutive weeks.

My Prediction
Titans over Vikings (Run, Eddie, Run! Let's hope he stays...)
[url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106] Check Us Out! A New Debate Daily![/url]

TICE FIRED!
Bennett4prez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberWeb SupporterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby deftdelivery » Tue Jul 20, 2004 1:19 pm

Rodge wrote:One team that has not been mentioned is the Carolina Panthers. They have a strong defense and their offense is underrated. They resigned Steve Smith in the offseason and they are set at RB with S. Davis and D. Foster.

Now that's what I like to hear ;-D
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums

[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Postby BigMusky » Tue Jul 20, 2004 2:04 pm

Vikings are not a good team in real life people. Sure they have good fantasy players, but they did not even make the playoffs last year....how the hell are they going to win the superbowl this year! Give me a break. No one wins the superbowl without a defense. I bet the Bears will even drop 30+ on the Vikes this year with their new offense.
BigMusky
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Redskins Win » Tue Jul 20, 2004 2:42 pm

Vikings, Eagles, i'm wretching.
Redskins are exactly where you need to put your money this year. They are superbowl bound. It's great that they're so underrated all you have to do is look at the coaching roster and then look at the weapons the coaches have to work with. No one will know what hit them until it's over and Danny Snyder and Coach Gibbs are putting another lombardi trophy in the lobby of Redskins Park!!!!!!!
From a FF standpoint, Gregg Williams Bills were #2 ranked D in NFL.
Portis is just a flat out stud and now with an O line that'll be propperly prepared (no audibles) will bust open holes, Go ahead compare them to last year (you'll be sorry)
Lavernerus and Co. being threats down field, Clinton will have one of his best years this season or next.
The wild card for the Redskins FF players is definately the QB Both Brunell and Ramsey are top quality QBs so once a decesion has been made as to the starter he will be a solid #2 on anyones roster.
A little biased but really some skins players are gonna make signifigant positive impact in FF this season than people are giving them credit.
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Redskins Win » Tue Jul 20, 2004 2:42 pm

Vikings, Eagles, i'm wretching.
Redskins are exactly where you need to put your money this year. They are superbowl bound. It's great that they're so underrated all you have to do is look at the coaching roster and then look at the weapons the coaches have to work with. No one will know what hit them until it's over and Danny Snyder and Coach Gibbs are putting another lombardi trophy in the lobby of Redskins Park!!!!!!!
From a FF standpoint, Gregg Williams Bills were #2 ranked D in NFL.
Portis is just a flat out stud and now with an O line that'll be propperly prepared (no audibles) will bust open holes, Go ahead compare them to last year (you'll be sorry)
Lavernerus and Co. being threats down field, Clinton will have one of his best years this season or next.
The wild card for the Redskins FF players is definately the QB Both Brunell and Ramsey are top quality QBs so once a decesion has been made as to the starter he will be a solid #2 on anyones roster.
A little biased but really some skins players are gonna make signifigant positive impact in FF this season than people are giving them credit.
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Tue Jul 20, 2004 3:06 pm

I think the Vikings have as good a shot as anyone to make the SB. Contrary to some opinions, I think their D has gotten much better this offseason.

Its also really hard to argue against NE right now.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby portisfan24 » Tue Jul 20, 2004 3:16 pm

ya new england lost a couple guys on the offensive line, but they had a good draft and obviously got corey dillon. i like the vikins chances now though. their D seems to be better, but thats what they said last year too. they got winfield, but i thought their weakness was at linebacker. did they pick up a linebacker too? i still like their chances
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Bennett4prez » Tue Jul 20, 2004 4:08 pm

This is starting to go down the drain. Just a lot of home picks. Bears over Vikings? Ramsey a "top-notch" QB? This is getting a little eratic. While Vegas isn't overly football-konwledgable, I still prefer their predictions over some of the predictions we are getting now.
[url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106] Check Us Out! A New Debate Daily![/url]

TICE FIRED!
Bennett4prez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberWeb SupporterSweet 16 Survivor

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk