why isnt this talked about? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

why isnt this talked about?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby KingGhidra » Fri Jul 23, 2004 12:24 am

StickaforkinRogers wrote:After reading more posts by some of the "smarter veterans" around here I have to say that this is probably the worst collection of FFers on the web. Most of you guys are morons. I would wipe the floor with all of you. Continue............with the bs

Oh that darn Nick Nolte.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Xtreme » Fri Jul 23, 2004 11:55 am

StickaforkinRogers wrote:After reading more posts by some of the "smarter veterans" around here I have to say that this is probably the worst collection of FFers on the web. Most of you guys are morons. I would wipe the floor with all of you. Continue............with the bs

I don't think this is sarcasm. I find it humorous that he felt so bothered by the perceived lack of veteran knowledge on the boards that he had to post. Maybe you should start a new thread?

Anyway, I'm not at all concerned about Priests production. The only thing that could slow him down is injury (which will probably happen solely becuase he's my keeper this year). The KC O-line is one of the best, and while I agree with the "gel" standpoint, it is only one new player, and Priest is one of the few RBs in the league that has the talent to overcome a few "lack-of-one-player-gelling" mistakes.
HIR? viewtopic.php?t=507654#p3396000

Beware the Buffalion!
Xtreme
Head Coach
Head Coach

Innovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby TheRawDAWG » Fri Jul 23, 2004 12:03 pm

MadScott wrote:
nsulham wrote:To me it's irrelevant because the guy they lost (Tait) graded out as their 5th best O-Lineman while the guy they brought in (John Welbourn) isn't exactly shoddy. Now if they had lost Willie Roaf or Will Shields I'd be a bit concerned but no worries here.

Ditto to what you said there. At the worst it was a vertical move but more likely, Welbourn will only be an upgrade.

I don't think he was saying it would be an upgrade. I think he was saying it'd be more a a lateral mvement with a little downgrade. I do think you guys are fooling yourselves thinking Tait was the 5th best lineman on that team. I also think you guys are fooling yourselves if you think Priest is good enough to overcome a bad offensive line. I'm not saying this is a bad offensive line. But if they don't 'Gel' then Priest wont put up the un-godly numbers. He relies on his line more than any back in football.
So they weren't the best...and may have ended the worst. SO WHAT!
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby TheRawDAWG » Fri Jul 23, 2004 12:07 pm

I love it when guys come on here insulting people's opinions without giving their own and without stating which opinion they are actually insulting. Maybe if Stickaforkinrogers would leave the cafe the collection of FFers in this cafe would be just that much better.
So they weren't the best...and may have ended the worst. SO WHAT!
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby cooleyhigh » Fri Jul 23, 2004 11:57 pm

Dude wtf is your problem...

Go join a fight club. I make some drunk posts but...

I appreciate you backing me with cheese but let's talk some football here. Who is your team?
cooleyhigh
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby MadScott » Sat Jul 24, 2004 1:37 am

TheRawDAWG wrote:
MadScott wrote:
nsulham wrote:To me it's irrelevant because the guy they lost (Tait) graded out as their 5th best O-Lineman while the guy they brought in (John Welbourn) isn't exactly shoddy. Now if they had lost Willie Roaf or Will Shields I'd be a bit concerned but no worries here.

Ditto to what you said there. At the worst it was a vertical move but more likely, Welbourn will only be an upgrade.

I don't think he was saying it would be an upgrade. I think he was saying it'd be more a a lateral mvement with a little downgrade. I do think you guys are fooling yourselves thinking Tait was the 5th best lineman on that team. I also think you guys are fooling yourselves if you think Priest is good enough to overcome a bad offensive line. I'm not saying this is a bad offensive line. But if they don't 'Gel' then Priest wont put up the un-godly numbers. He relies on his line more than any back in football.

Absolutely right, I had my horizontal and vertical mixed up. Tait wasn't the 5th best lineman but from what I've read, Welbourn is definitely a step up.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby CC » Sat Jul 24, 2004 12:40 pm

Easy never to be wrong if you don't have an opinion, and cooley that was a mistake I made by not thoroughly reading your post.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby StickaforkinRogers » Sun Jul 25, 2004 12:10 pm

Canadian Cheesedick- How is it possible to not thoroughly read a post when it's only one sentence? What a moron.......go hang yourself because life isn't getting better for you anytime soon.
StickaforkinRogers
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby jumpman8828 » Sun Jul 25, 2004 12:24 pm

StickaforkinRogers wrote:Canadian Cheesedick- How is it possible to not thoroughly read a post when it's only one sentence? What a moron.......go hang yourself because life isn't getting better for you anytime soon.

Since when is someone's life bad because they made a mistake while reading a post? You need to take the friggin' fork out of your ass or take some pills or something, anything to calm yourself down.
jumpman8828
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby StickaforkinRogers » Sun Jul 25, 2004 9:06 pm

You missed the point jumpman- are you Canadian? If so I'll explain it to you; the post that Canadian Cheesedick couldn't read thoroughly(that's how he put it) was one sentence. Get it?
StickaforkinRogers
Water Boy
Water Boy

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk