whats up with willie green? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

whats up with willie green?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Mudd » Mon Jul 19, 2004 11:09 pm

Acme Rockets wrote:
clevelander wrote:green puts up the numbers regardless his troubles outside the game

And my-oh-my ... what numbers they are!!!

He had a touchdown last year didn't he? 7 starts, 142 carries, and a touchdown!

Am I the only one who thinks this guy sucks????

After being thoroughly dissappointed with him last year, no, you're not.

He's too much of a head case to ever make as real impact.
Mudd
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby FourthandLong » Mon Jul 19, 2004 11:17 pm

[quote="KingGhidra"]If Garcia hands off to a Cleveland running back and no lineman are there to block for them, do they make a sound when they are tackled behind the line of scrimmage?[/quote]

haha
owner of the Toss to Moss aka Deuce is Loose franchise in the SFL Keeper League Season VI
FourthandLong
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby cooleyhigh » Tue Jul 20, 2004 1:01 am

KingGhidra wrote:If Garcia hands off to a Cleveland running back and no lineman are there to block for them, do they make a sound when they are tackled behind the line of scrimmage?

brilliant ;-D and my thoughts exactly. Stay away from all things Cleveland.
cooleyhigh
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby sandboxrebel » Tue Jul 20, 2004 1:45 am

clevelander wrote:take it from this clevelander, its not suggs job like most fantasy players are drafting him to be.

green puts up the numbers regardless his troubles outside the game, yes suggs was a nice grab but i dont see him in the jump of starting, green will get the starting job BUT... keep the watch on suggs cause if green is faltering a couple weeks he will get a chance to start, for now though i only see a few carries with the bulk going to green.

hope this helps as ive seen most drafts pull suggs over green and in some green is still out there. this is a case where fantasy hype has put him ahead but is truely not the case.

can someone please put this post in english? :-°
sandboxrebel
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby KingGhidra » Tue Jul 20, 2004 2:50 am

sandboxrebel wrote:
clevelander wrote:take it from this clevelander, its not suggs job like most fantasy players are drafting him to be.

green puts up the numbers regardless his troubles outside the game, yes suggs was a nice grab but i dont see him in the jump of starting, green will get the starting job BUT... keep the watch on suggs cause if green is faltering a couple weeks he will get a chance to start, for now though i only see a few carries with the bulk going to green.

hope this helps as ive seen most drafts pull suggs over green and in some green is still out there. this is a case where fantasy hype has put him ahead but is truely not the case.

can someone please put this post in english? :-°

¿qué?
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby MadScott » Tue Jul 20, 2004 3:23 am

The latest that I've read was that the job is Suggs' but Green will be given a chance in camp to win it back. Either that or he'll blow up in a cloud of smoke.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mercer Boy » Tue Jul 20, 2004 4:04 am

MadScott wrote:The latest that I've read was that the job is Suggs' but Green will be given a chance in camp to win it back. Either that or he'll blow up in a cloud of smoke.

I have a feeling Green will blow up in a cloud of something else if he doesn't win his job back... :-° :-b

Another unsettled RB situation...if we ever figure out who's going to be the back in Cleveland, we'd have another RB selection which could be used for people going against the RB/RB first strategy (although it's probably not recommended - that line is pretty weak). At the very least the Cleveland RB is a bye week option!
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby slowkidz » Tue Jul 20, 2004 5:06 am

This is what I know so far...

It's an open competition during TC. Davis has made mention that Green could start this year and that he'd be more than happy with this result. Suggs also has the talent to start. But just like the argument for Green two years ago, Suggs only has one good game under his belt, and it was against a porous Cincinnati run defense. Green has at least proven himself a little more, albeit not by much. Like Clevelander suggested, Suggs starting right now is more hype than fact. People look at that last game of the season and think he's the next big thing. Only TC will tell, but I'll take my chances with Green any day.

And btw KG, Cleveland found a pulling Guard and a smashmouth FB to help open up the holes this offseason. And let's not forget a good mobile QB in Garcia. I think we'll all see a completely different offense from Cleveland this year.
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby KingGhidra » Tue Jul 20, 2004 6:18 am

Slowkidz wrote:
And btw KG, Cleveland found a pulling Guard and a smashmouth FB to help open up the holes this offseason. And let's not forget a good mobile QB in Garcia. I think we'll all see a completely different offense from Cleveland this year.

I heard a rumor that one of your fullbacks got injured in mini-camp and Cleveland tried to keep it quiet. I love smashmouth FBs, more teams should use them.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby PSU All Day » Tue Jul 20, 2004 7:26 am

I made the mistake of drafting Green in the third round last year. I then traded him and TO in week four (I think) for Faulk and Gordon. Best trade I ever made even with Faulk going down that same weekend.

Green = persona non grata on my draft board.
PSU All Day
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk