whats up with willie green? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

whats up with willie green?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Mudd » Mon Jul 19, 2004 11:09 pm

Acme Rockets wrote:
clevelander wrote:green puts up the numbers regardless his troubles outside the game


And my-oh-my ... what numbers they are!!!

He had a touchdown last year didn't he? 7 starts, 142 carries, and a touchdown!

Am I the only one who thinks this guy sucks????

After being thoroughly dissappointed with him last year, no, you're not.

He's too much of a head case to ever make as real impact.
Mudd
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar

Posts: 714
Joined: 7 Jun 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: 1A, Famous Potatoes

Postby FourthandLong » Mon Jul 19, 2004 11:17 pm

[quote="KingGhidra"]If Garcia hands off to a Cleveland running back and no lineman are there to block for them, do they make a sound when they are tackled behind the line of scrimmage?[/quote]


haha
owner of the Toss to Moss aka Deuce is Loose franchise in the SFL Keeper League Season VI
FourthandLong
Water Boy
Water Boy


Posts: 67
Joined: 8 Jul 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: on the MNF horse trailor

Postby cooleyhigh » Tue Jul 20, 2004 1:01 am

KingGhidra wrote:If Garcia hands off to a Cleveland running back and no lineman are there to block for them, do they make a sound when they are tackled behind the line of scrimmage?


brilliant ;-D and my thoughts exactly. Stay away from all things Cleveland.
Image
cooleyhigh
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 1187
Joined: 23 May 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Various MRI centers demanding results

Postby sandboxrebel » Tue Jul 20, 2004 1:45 am

clevelander wrote:take it from this clevelander, its not suggs job like most fantasy players are drafting him to be.

green puts up the numbers regardless his troubles outside the game, yes suggs was a nice grab but i dont see him in the jump of starting, green will get the starting job BUT... keep the watch on suggs cause if green is faltering a couple weeks he will get a chance to start, for now though i only see a few carries with the bulk going to green.

hope this helps as ive seen most drafts pull suggs over green and in some green is still out there. this is a case where fantasy hype has put him ahead but is truely not the case.

can someone please put this post in english? :-°
sandboxrebel
Water Boy
Water Boy


Posts: 33
Joined: 22 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby KingGhidra » Tue Jul 20, 2004 2:50 am

sandboxrebel wrote:
clevelander wrote:take it from this clevelander, its not suggs job like most fantasy players are drafting him to be.

green puts up the numbers regardless his troubles outside the game, yes suggs was a nice grab but i dont see him in the jump of starting, green will get the starting job BUT... keep the watch on suggs cause if green is faltering a couple weeks he will get a chance to start, for now though i only see a few carries with the bulk going to green.

hope this helps as ive seen most drafts pull suggs over green and in some green is still out there. this is a case where fantasy hype has put him ahead but is truely not the case.

can someone please put this post in english? :-°


¿qué?
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 4303
Joined: 3 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby MadScott » Tue Jul 20, 2004 3:23 am

The latest that I've read was that the job is Suggs' but Green will be given a chance in camp to win it back. Either that or he'll blow up in a cloud of smoke.
Image
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 5924
Joined: 27 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mercer Boy » Tue Jul 20, 2004 4:04 am

MadScott wrote:The latest that I've read was that the job is Suggs' but Green will be given a chance in camp to win it back. Either that or he'll blow up in a cloud of smoke.


I have a feeling Green will blow up in a cloud of something else if he doesn't win his job back... :-° :-b

Another unsettled RB situation...if we ever figure out who's going to be the back in Cleveland, we'd have another RB selection which could be used for people going against the RB/RB first strategy (although it's probably not recommended - that line is pretty weak). At the very least the Cleveland RB is a bye week option!
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 12045
Joined: 22 Oct 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: New Castle, PA

Postby slowkidz » Tue Jul 20, 2004 5:06 am

This is what I know so far...

It's an open competition during TC. Davis has made mention that Green could start this year and that he'd be more than happy with this result. Suggs also has the talent to start. But just like the argument for Green two years ago, Suggs only has one good game under his belt, and it was against a porous Cincinnati run defense. Green has at least proven himself a little more, albeit not by much. Like Clevelander suggested, Suggs starting right now is more hype than fact. People look at that last game of the season and think he's the next big thing. Only TC will tell, but I'll take my chances with Green any day.

And btw KG, Cleveland found a pulling Guard and a smashmouth FB to help open up the holes this offseason. And let's not forget a good mobile QB in Garcia. I think we'll all see a completely different offense from Cleveland this year.
Image
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion
Posts: 7286
Joined: 19 Aug 2002
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Beatin the Steers in C-bus!!

Postby KingGhidra » Tue Jul 20, 2004 6:18 am

Slowkidz wrote:
And btw KG, Cleveland found a pulling Guard and a smashmouth FB to help open up the holes this offseason. And let's not forget a good mobile QB in Garcia. I think we'll all see a completely different offense from Cleveland this year.


I heard a rumor that one of your fullbacks got injured in mini-camp and Cleveland tried to keep it quiet. I love smashmouth FBs, more teams should use them.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 4303
Joined: 3 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby PSU All Day » Tue Jul 20, 2004 7:26 am

I made the mistake of drafting Green in the third round last year. I then traded him and TO in week four (I think) for Faulk and Gordon. Best trade I ever made even with Faulk going down that same weekend.

Green = persona non grata on my draft board.
PSU All Day
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

User avatar

Posts: 586
Joined: 18 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Eagles Sideline

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 9:48 hours
(and 37 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact