My Top 13 QB's - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

My Top 13 QB's

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby mnheadliner » Tue Jul 20, 2004 1:50 am

IRON CHEF:

As has been stated above, I came by these rankings by my own projections and then plugging the projections into a set formula.

Football Newbie:

There, as you can see above you can see Pennington is No. 17 on my list. I have him projected for 20 passing TD's, 7 projected 200 yard games, 1 rushing TD, 24 total rushing yards.

Yes, he had that wrist injury the first part of the season but when he came back from it he was HOT, throwing 9 TD passes in his first 3 starts back from the injury. However, he just fell apart down the stretch, throwing only one TD (with 6 ints....eww) in his final 4 games. I'm not sold on the Jets offense either, but Pennington COULD return to 2002 form, maybe. Also, the Jets running game has been better in the past, and since Pennington is a pocket QB he hurt by this, not helped by it.

Flux:

As you can see, I responded to the Pennington thing above. And yes, Green did put up great numbers, but he has roughly the same weapons as he did last season.

EVERYONE:

Remember, those rushing yards and TD's make the McNabbs, C-Pepps and Brooks' of the world more valuable. I appreciate any and all comments anywhere from "you're an idiot" to "You a frickin genius!" I'll check back tomorrow (probably late at night) too see what other posts await me. Now that I am basically done with my QB projections I need to start hammering away at the other positions.
mnheadliner
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby portisfan24 » Tue Jul 20, 2004 1:52 am

definately a different perspective. if this is right i should kill in my two qb league where I have cpepp and brooks. and having pennington below mcCown is crazy. and mcnabb cracks my top 5 this year but I cant possibly rank him first. id be interested to see your rb rankings
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mnheadliner » Tue Jul 20, 2004 2:00 am

portisfan24:

Well....I'm sure I'll post my RB projections list when I am through with it....but that may take awhile. Keep on the look out I guess. I sould for sure be done with RB's by a couple weeks from now (I'm probably going to take doing RB's more slowly). If you think you missed it, send me a message to let me know.

Ok....off to bed. Ekk...it's 2 a.m.! 8-o
mnheadliner
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby portisfan24 » Tue Jul 20, 2004 2:03 am

haha i just noticed your "location" headliner...is there any bias in your rankings?
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mnheadliner » Tue Jul 20, 2004 2:34 am

portisfan:

No, haha, no bias at all.

I'm a Vikings fan at heart. I have always liked McNabb, but have NEVER had him on one of my fantasy teams as I have not valued him (up to this point) as much as many other owners in my league. This year I am likely going to be valuing him more than others as I see a career year coming and many a owner are down on him. However, I will not overbid for his services, so I may likely end up with Brooks, which would suit me just fine. ;-D

Ok....seriously....I need some sleep.....later! 8-o
mnheadliner
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby jeru » Tue Jul 20, 2004 12:47 pm

Here is my QB cheat sheet, based on 4 pts/passing TD, 6 pts/rushing TD, 20 yds/1 pt passing, 10 yds/1 pt rushing

1. Culpepper
2. Manning
3. Vick
4. McNabb
5. Hasselbeck
6. Brooks
7. Bulger
8. Green
9. McNair
10. Pennington
11. Brady
12. Favre
13. Plummer
14. Garcia
15. B.Johnson

If passing TD are worth 6 pts, the list stays similar, but you should drop Vick and McNabb below Hasselbeck.
jeru
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby IRON CHEF » Tue Jul 20, 2004 3:48 pm

I have to say headliner I doubted that those rankings have any logic to them, but I must say you have compiled a surprising and possibly very effective list. Let me know after the season ends how you did. :-b

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Postby mnheadliner » Tue Jul 20, 2004 10:55 pm

IRON CHEF:

Thanks man.....I'll probably forget to let you know how things turn out, but if I remember too I will. Yeah, I have logic behind my madness. Thanks for being open minded and thanks for your challenge. I love debating! ;-D
mnheadliner
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Previous

Return to Football Talk