Latest on Eddie George!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Latest on Eddie George!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Flux » Wed Jul 21, 2004 12:27 pm

more updates....

-- George Not a Good Fit in Dallas? --
Wed Jul 21, 2004

The Dallas Morning News reports Tennessee Titans RB Eddie George would unlikely be a good fit with Dallas because he is 30 and wants a two-year deal worth more than the $1.5 million per season the Titans have offered. He also doesn't play special teams, which would probably leave the Cowboys with three running backs ­ George, RB/FB Richie Anderson and rookie RB Julius Jones ­ who don't play special teams. HC Bill Parcells wants backup running backs to play special teams. Finally, George averaged 3.3 yards on 312 carries and had only five touchdowns last season. Last December, George became the 17th back to surpass 10,000 yards.

-- George May Not be Good Fit for Bucs --
Wed Jul 21, 2004

The St. Petersburg Times reports Tennessee Titans RB Eddie George does not appear to be a good fit for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers considering his limited receiving skills. George mentioned the Bucs as one of the teams he'd be interested in playing for if the Titans released him. Tampa Bay already has Charlie Garner, the team's projected starter who is coming off knee surgery, Michael Pittman, Mike Alstott, Jamel White and Brandon Bennett on the roster, but Pittman was suspended for the first three games and Alstott has not had full contact since surgery to repair a herniated disc in his neck. Plus, Bucs HC Jon Gruden has an affinity for veteran Pro Bowl players like George. The Orlando Sentinel adds Bucs officials had no comment Tuesday about George's statements indicating the Bucs were among the teams he'd like to join in the event of his release from the Titans. Because George remains under contract with the Titans, other league clubs are forbidden from commenting on his expected availability.
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby KingGhidra » Wed Jul 21, 2004 12:30 pm

So who thinks George will get released, not get signed by a team and end up back with the Titans?
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Wed Jul 21, 2004 12:33 pm

thanks for the updates, flux.

Apparantly no one wants him for the price he's asking for.

I still see him going to Dallas, but it does look more and more like he may be resigned by TEN afterall.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Flux » Wed Jul 21, 2004 1:06 pm

KingGhidra wrote:So who thinks George will get released, not get signed by a team and end up back with the Titans?

I was thinking the same thing too, but then I dont know why he would even asked to be released if he didnt have some sort of plan or knew there was some sort of interest.

Watch him end up in ARI, they could have the oldest RBs in history :-b
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Gunslinger » Wed Jul 21, 2004 1:10 pm

I still think he'll wind up a Raider.
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby F00ballKing » Wed Jul 21, 2004 1:16 pm

I think he'll sit out until he swallows his pride and accepts the fact that he's not worth 3+ Million he's looking for. I can see him missing some camps and finally taking a 1million dollar offer to back up on a team grooming a young RB. Detroit? NOOOO! :-t

When I saw the teams he listed I pretty much thought what everyone posted. Those are the 3 teams that would have no interest in him... Gruden is going to take George over Garner? no way. Last thing Philly needs is another Running Back. And, Dallas has decided that Julius is the man... they're not bringing in George to corrupt him.
F00ballKing
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby portisfan24 » Wed Jul 21, 2004 2:10 pm

definately the cards. the cant keep their hands off old over priced backs. haha. no i think he will wind up in tennessee
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby xbird » Wed Jul 21, 2004 2:23 pm

Looks like the Titans knew what they were doing by not giving
EG an immediate release. Assuming the Bucs, Cowboys and
Eagles are not interested, the Titans appear to be his best shot.
If they offer EG an additional incentive, say, tickets to the Grand
Ole Opry if he rushes for 100 yds, then Eddie can say he "won".
xbird
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Amazinz » Wed Jul 21, 2004 2:56 pm

ESPN radio just announced George was released.
Amazinz
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Manja » Wed Jul 21, 2004 3:00 pm

Now we'll see...
Manja
Head Coach
Head Coach

PreviousNext