My one problem with Priest Holmes - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

My one problem with Priest Holmes

Moderator: Football Moderators

My one problem with Priest Holmes

Postby Shader » Tue Jul 20, 2004 8:26 am

Why did his ypc drop so dramatically last year? I didn't get to see many Chiefs games, but that is a little scary. I like Holmes alot, and I like his touchdowns, but are we seeing him lose a step or was his 2002 year just unbelievably amazing?
Shader
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby ajgnydc722 » Tue Jul 20, 2004 8:31 am

Unless your league counts YPC then I wouldn't care. As long as he put up 1500-1600 yards with like 20 TDs, I'm happy... ;-)
New York Yankees: 2005 Offseason
Dallas Cowboys: 5-8
PrimeTime(baseball): FB Champion
PrimeTime (football): 10-4
ajgnydc722
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Shader » Tue Jul 20, 2004 8:36 am

it just worries me to draft a guy number 1 overall, when he only broke the 100 yard mark 3 times last year
Shader
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Shader » Tue Jul 20, 2004 8:40 am

it just worries me to draft a guy number 1 overall, when he only broke the 100 yard mark 3 times last year
Shader
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby nsulham » Tue Jul 20, 2004 8:50 am

Touchdowns man, it's all about the touchdowns.

Put it like this: If Barry Bonds only got one at-bat per game, but hit a grand slam every time, would you be mad? Maybe because he wasn't getting more AB's you would but because he's making the most out of that one AB, I would think you should be happy.

That's Priest. He may not get you the yardage but you know you can pencil him in for at least one, more likely 2 TD's every game.
New England Patriots
The 53-man Dynasty
nsulham
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby maddog60 » Tue Jul 20, 2004 9:10 am

Shader wrote:it just worries me to draft a guy number 1 overall, when he only broke the 100 yard mark 3 times last year

Trent Green dumps off to him a lot too, so he gets quite a few WRing touches (70 I believe last year). Also, Priest got sat a lot during last year. When the Cheifs would go up by 24 or so points against say for example Houston, Priest was taken out during the 3rd quarter (sometimes early 3rd) because he wasnt needed, and the coaching staff didn't feel like risking him.

This year the Chiefs have a substantially harder looking schedule. That should mean more close games, which means Priest will sit less and garner more yards as a result.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Vlad the Impaler_ffc » Tue Jul 20, 2004 10:38 am

Priest did seem to slip a little in the yards department last year, but no one noticed since the TDs increased. His 2002 season was just ridiculous - he would have 100 yards and two scores by halftime. The Priest is slowing down a little, and will continue to do so. However, with a great line, a passing game that keeps teams honest, and an offense built around him, Priest has at least one super-stud year left in him before you see significant drop-off in his fantasy production.
Vlad the Impaler_ffc
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby KingGhidra » Tue Jul 20, 2004 10:50 am

He definitely wasn't as explosive as his 2002 season. The question now is... was that some lingering effect from the hip injury that is completely gone now or a permanent effect?
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby CC » Tue Jul 20, 2004 10:57 am

ajgnydc722 wrote:Unless your league counts YPC then I wouldn't care. As long as he put up 1500-1600 yards with like 20 TDs, I'm happy... ;-)

He only put up 1400 and something last year. Were you disappointed? :-)
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby lonefort » Tue Jul 20, 2004 11:48 am

I hav'nt drafted yet but would still pick Priest #1. I expect his yardage numbers to increase this year. I got him with the 5th pick last year. Priest is still the man.
live to love

and love to live
lonefort
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Next

Return to Football Talk