My one problem with Priest Holmes - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

My one problem with Priest Holmes

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby FeArMeNtL » Tue Jul 20, 2004 1:46 pm

Na Priest isn't the man anymore. The man now is Ahman Green. He is going to be explosive this next year because he unlike Priest has all of his lineman coming back and they are considered the best in the game today. Ahman wasnt that far behind Priest in TDs only 7 behind and this was a career year for Holmes in the NFL. Ahman still has about 5-6 more years to play and he IMO isn't in his prime yet. Another thing that Priest and Ahman is different is the fact that Ahman has less Catches Ahman-50/367 and Priest with 74-690. So Priest made up his low yardage for high recieving and Ahman backed his recieving with big run yardage. So which brings me to the point that it all depends on your scoring system.

If your scoring system allows catches then Priest is your man or LT, but if no catches than Ahman is the man to go for. ;-D
[img]http://mywebpage.netscape.com/mercerboy3/fearmesig.jpg [img]
The tandem of Chad Johnson and Rudi Johnson, plus a new defense,Marvin Lewis,Palmer=Dynasty
FeArMeNtL
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Free Bagel » Tue Jul 20, 2004 3:05 pm

FeArMeNtL wrote:and they are considered the best in the game today

Lol, since when is Green Bay's line considered to be the best in the game?

FeArMeNtL wrote:and this was a career year for Holmes in the NFL

LOL. So lemme get this straight, you consider this year a career year for Priest, but not Ahman?

Let's see here.

In 2002, Priest had 2200yards and 24 TD's in 14 games
In 2003, Priest had 2100 yards and 27 TD's

Yet you consider that to be an outlier and career year.

On the other hand, let's take a look at Ahman.

In 2002, Ahman had 1600yards and 9 TD's in 14 games
In 2003, Ahman had 2200 yards and 20 TD's

In fact, in Ahman's 3 years as the starter prior to 2003, he never even came CLOSE to putting up the numbers he put up this year. Is that not the definition of a career year?

Not to hate on Ahman, I think he'll be great this year. But to write off Priest on the basis of last season being a career year while at the same time advocating someone who possibly had the most textbook career year at RB in the NFL last year (only other candidate is Lewis) is a foolish arguement at best.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Vlad the Impaler_ffc » Tue Jul 20, 2004 5:01 pm

I agree that Ahman had a career year last year, as he had never come close to 20 scores. However, I don't see any material changes in the Pack offense or philosophy, and as much as I hate to see a cheesehead succeed, I think Green will have another big year. Maybe not 20 scores, but 1800+ total yards and around 15 scores seems about right.

One thing that worried me about Green last year that never materialized is Davenport hawking goalline carries. It would make a lot of sense if you think about it. Green is fumble-prone, and carries a very heavy load (400+ touches last year). To keep him fresh, and for that matter keep the ball, why not give it to your bulldozing, sure-handed fat-back to grind out those tough goal-line yards? Just a little something for you Green fans to worry about.
Vengeance is mine.
Vlad the Impaler_ffc
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Football Newbie » Tue Jul 20, 2004 5:07 pm

Anyone who doesnt take priest at one (2 at the VERY LOWEST) deserves to lose the league. Everyone who thinks priest has lost a step and wont be as good i got news for you, he already lost his step. He has THE BEST O LINE IN THE GAME, even without tait. He doesnt need that step. He will put up over 20 scores again, dont pass on him.
Football Newbie
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby ibeckhami » Tue Jul 20, 2004 5:42 pm

As long as he puts up above 1400 and has 20+ TD's i dont care
ibeckhami
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Franchise Fan » Tue Jul 20, 2004 6:27 pm

john madden could have made this debate alot easier if he just put preist on his cover.
:-)
Franchise Fan
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

CafeholicGraphics ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Football Newbie » Tue Jul 20, 2004 6:58 pm

Franchise Fan wrote:john madden could have made this debate alot easier if he just put preist on his cover.
:-)

SHUT YOUR DIRTY MOUTH! THAT WOULD NOT BE FUNNY!!!!
Football Newbie
Head Coach
Head Coach

Previous

Return to Football Talk