Why Ricky? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Why Ricky?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby TheBigBakedBean » Tue Jul 20, 2004 11:15 am

TheHeat24 wrote:LT2, Deuce McCallister, and Ricky are the 3 most firmly entrenched Runningbacks on their respective offenses.

Ahman Green is taking on even more responsibility for the Packers. And he was the entire offensive focus last year...

Fanball.com wrote:   THE NEWS

Can Ahman Green rush for 2,000 yards? He thinks so, and so do his Packer teammates. "I think with what we did last year, that has to be a goal," Green told the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel. "With everybody back and if everybody stays healthy and we're all on the same page, why not?" Left guard Mike Wahle agrees. "He can definitely do it," Wahle said. "He has the talent to do it. It's a matter of getting the plays called and getting in the right situations. We're going to get him yards. I'm not worried about that." Last year, Green set team records with 1,883 yards and 20 total touchdowns.

OUR VIEW

Last year at this time the talk was of keeping Green fresh for the entire season by using more of Najeh Davenport. So much for that! Green proved he can be a workhorse last season and will post huge numbers behind one of the game's best lines again in 2004 as long as he stays healthy and hold onto the ball.
TheBigBakedBean
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mookie4ever » Tue Jul 20, 2004 11:20 am

TheHeat24 wrote:Just to add... Ricky Was dropped behind the line of scrimmage over 35% of his carries last year... Meaning theres no way that offensive line can get any worse....

why is that? this is an illogical statement.

Go ahead and argue that McKinney, Whitley and Carey will be better than what they had last year.

Jeno James is an improvement but not the others. Plus they have never played together.

Please put together an argument that this line cannot get any worse. Something intelligent this time please.

the Heat wrote:Secondly, on the guys you think will finish ahead of him, you (ken jeopardy) used the arguement that hes on a horrible offense

Point out where I said that - please.

The Heat wrote:And Corey Dillon who is getting older and has more carries than ricky and is on a team that goes 5 wide almost the entire game....

Who can really say how well Dillon will do. A. Smith got 1,157 and 12 TD for NE and he sucked. Dillon has tons of upside.

"I think that gay marriage should be something between a man and a woman" Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TheHeat24 » Tue Jul 20, 2004 11:45 am

Mookie4ever wrote:why is that? this is an illogical statement.

Go ahead and argue that McKinney, Whitley and Carey will be better than what they had last year.

Jeno James is an improvement but not the others. Plus they have never played together.

Please put together an argument that this line cannot get any worse. Something intelligent this time please.

If you were a dolphins fan like myself who watched all of their games last year you would know that the combination of
Rookie-Wade Smith,
Jaime nails(coming off an achilles tear)
Tim Ruddy- damn near 40 years old,
Todd Perry (the worst lineman of all of them)
and Todd Wade who I will admit was ok, was a horrible combination...

This years projected lineup of Wade Smith with a year more experience and more strength and wieght (He played last year as an NFL tackle at 295lbs, no wonder he couldnt run block...)

Jeno james who paved the way nicely for Stephen Davis and Deshaun Foster

Seth McKinney who is in his third year and is way more phisically gifted than Ruddy will finally get a crack at the starting job...

Taylor Whitley/ John St. Clair/ Greg German one of them will be replacing the worst player on the oline last year and at least St. Clair has some experience.

Vernon Carey- he was flat out dominate at the U as a tackle and will be at least as good as Todd Wade who had absolutely no mobility and couldnt get to the next level....

Finally theres a reason why they cut/ didnt resign any of last years olineman... they obviously felt they had a better bunch now than they did last year.

Mookie4ever wrote:I saidPoint out where that - please.

You forgot to ad the par about the receivers in my quote... you said that david boston wont affect the offense and open up holes... then similarily Brandon lloyd and Rashaun woods will also not help open holes as they are much less talented than DBoss or Chambers...

Mookie4ever wrote:

Who can really say how well Dillon will do. A. Smith got 1,157 and 12 TD for NE and he sucked. Dillon has tons of upside.

Who can really tell... so how can you go out on a limb and say he will be better than Ricky Williams when he had a season like he had last year and got his job taken from him by Rudi Johnson and that is the basis for your arguement... Ricky Had a bad year last year so he has no upside on returning to glory....

BTW Antowain Smith was also a former first round pick.... And that year he had those numbers (in 2001) they werent nearly the pass oriented team they are now... in the same year he also avgd 4.0 a carry which is not that bad...

Hook em Horns
TheHeat24
Head Coach
Head Coach

Re: Why Ricky?

Postby Mookie4ever » Sun Jul 25, 2004 6:08 am

Free Bagel wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:Nobody had more carries than him last year. Nobody had more carries than him the year before that. Over the past three years nobody comes close to his total carries.

More carries=more yards=more td chances. The whole "wearing down" thing is overhyped. He's what, 26?

Care to rethink this?? :-)

Just trying to bust your chops lol

"I think that gay marriage should be something between a man and a woman" Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby terpfan » Sun Jul 25, 2004 9:04 am

wow mookie you must be smarter than the guy in your avatar. :-B

this has to be one of the best timed threads of all time...
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Besaid_Aurochs » Sun Jul 25, 2004 9:11 am

yeah now i think just about everyone will have better stats than ricky except faulk cause he'll break his leg in the preseason :-B
Besaid_Aurochs
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Canacuna » Sun Jul 25, 2004 9:13 am

Mookie4ever wrote:
Free Bagel wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:Nobody had more carries than him last year. Nobody had more carries than him the year before that. Over the past three years nobody comes close to his total carries.

More carries=more yards=more td chances. The whole "wearing down" thing is overhyped. He's what, 26?

Bumping your post for a pat on the back, eh? ;-)
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Mookie4ever » Sun Jul 25, 2004 9:15 am

terpfan wrote:wow mookie you must be smarter than the guy in your avatar. :-B

yup. :-) Now remember - SA before Portis.
Last edited by Mookie4ever_ffc on Sun Jul 25, 2004 9:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

Postby Mookie4ever » Sun Jul 25, 2004 9:16 am

Canacuna wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:
Free Bagel wrote:

Bumping your post for a pat on the back, eh? ;-)

Absolutely. Where's FB?

Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

Postby CC » Sun Jul 25, 2004 11:51 am

Mookie4ever wrote:
terpfan wrote:wow mookie you must be smarter than the guy in your avatar. :-B

yup. :-) Now remember - SA before Portis.

I've got that thread saved in my favorites, ready to be brought up at the end of the season.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk