Chris Brown takes over Julious Jones - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Chris Brown takes over Julious Jones

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby KingGhidra » Tue Jul 20, 2004 1:35 pm

The Titans drafted Brown because he reminded the staff of Eddie George. Do what that assessment as you will. He looked good in the playoffs against Ray Lewis and the Ravens D last season. He definitely looks like a younger, fresher Eddie George. Not a real game breaker, but Fisher may want to run him 20-25 times a game and get back to the style that led them to the Super Bowl. If so that makes him a steady #2. If he excels in goal line situations, he becomes a sleeper top 10.

I've heard that the Titans may want Robert Holcombe to shed the weight he gained to switch over to fullback so they can use him as a tailback more often. Personally I'd rather they keep Holcombe as a fullback. Eddie George had his most succesful seasons when Lorenzo Neal was with the Titans. Fisher seems to have gotten away from the fullback as a path clearer philosophy and the running game has suffered.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby NFLknowitall » Tue Jul 20, 2004 2:40 pm

What worries me is the Titans O-line. Not a great group. Fisher needs to address that situation. Any decent RB can run if there is a hole, no hole for Eddie or Chris. That is why they have one of the worst run averages the last 3 freaking years.

Chris Brown is a #3 RB in FF. Anything more is just gravy....

God I love Gravy!!
NFLknowitall
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby allstarqb » Tue Jul 20, 2004 2:55 pm

I just picked Brown up off waivers because of this, so I hope the Titans do release George, and Chris Brown produces.
allstarqb
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Azrael » Tue Jul 20, 2004 9:18 pm

If the Titans don't bring anyone else in and we expect Brown will get almost all of the carries, I'd place him right around a Julius Jones on the draft board.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Previous

Return to Football Talk